Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145456 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #300 on: October 4, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Hey Jeff, based on our discussion put me down for one basic set of 6 for now.  Once the ratios and chases are announced, I may increase that to one set of 12...  Thanks.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #301 on: October 4, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Series 8 is now showing up on the bay, seller mentions a release date of November.  ???

medicom Star Wars Series 8 Kubrick Set

That auction has now been pulled......

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2007, 12:50 PM »
I've been thinking about these chases again, and considering what other people have already posted, I have a few possibilities for all 6 figures too.  What do you think?

OOM-9 or Nute Gunray in the Battle Droid box
Palpatine or sith training Darth Maul in the Darth Maul box
Padawan Anakin or Watto in the Pod Racer Anakin box
Padme Naberrie or Jar Jar in the Queen Amidala box
Obi-Wan or Jar Jar in the Qui-Gon box
R2-D2 or Shmi Skywalker in the C-3PO box
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Any guess is as good as another. I am just hoping for Jar Jar and Obi-Wan. Part of me is hoping for an OT chase for the third one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2007, 08:11 AM »
This was posted by CloneTrooperJR over at Yakface - he lives in Hong Kong but he acknowledges this is all still rumor:

Quote from: CloneTrooperJR
Hmm, seeing I had access to a private Medicom Merchant (Due to knowing a merchant) discussion area - I found out something interesting. It hows Japan retail as 924 with extra tax - but seems like International will soon be receiving Kubricks at 20% the original cost due to some "undiscloable reasons" So it seems like the 8 USD (924Yen) will soon become 10 USD (1108Yen), and Distrubution prices will increase by 15%.

Interesting - I'm interested to see if it turns out to reality.

AND seems like - there will be sales of cases of 96  (Master Case) and 24 per  box :shock:

Please bear with me - this is a Chinese Medicom Order form

日元定價W: 880 YEN/PC 定價R - 1108  Sales Price for Bulk W - 880 Yen, Bulk R 1108 Yen
24隻1盒  24 peices per Box
4盒1箱 Four Boxes in 1 Master Case
發售日期: 2008/3 Arrival time - March 2008
截單日期: 28/11  End of Pre-Order - November 28

More Interesting find -
The Variants seem to be
1) Red Battle Droid
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP 1)
3) Darth Maul (Tatooine)
I'm not sure how trusty this source for the variant is - but it seems so, and makes sense. Repaint, New Head, New saber and a overlap dress?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I'm not sure on all that pre-order junk - that looks like that particular store and not straight from Medicom. 

For comparison, Amazon.jp is taking pre-orders already and they are still selling them in boxes of 12, not in boxes of 24.

I guess we will have to wait for another one of "our" big stores (Spanky, Robby) to confirm which one is right...

More Interesting find -
The Variants seem to be
1) Red Battle Droid
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP 1)
3) Darth Maul (Tatooine)
I'm not sure how trusty this source for the variant is - but it seems so, and makes sense. Repaint, New Head, New saber and a overlap dress?

Again, I don't know if I trust this early chase info... Darth Maul (Tatoioine) would suck ass as a chase figure, seeing as how he's already coming out with the Sith Speeder Bike as a box set.  It'd be a waste of a slot IMHO.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2007, 10:07 AM »
If those do end up being the chase figures I hope they are wrong about Maul and it ends up being Jar Jar
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I'm a n00b to the presales for new releases as I got into kubricks after wave 7 so how are they gonna work Jeff?  I'm still thinking i'm going to get a master case.  Do you place our order and we pay you or is there a place everyone orders from independently?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2007, 11:26 AM »
Do you place our order and we pay you or is there a place everyone orders from independently?

A while back, a number of us here at JD were qualified as retail sellers at a Japanese distributor - www.robby.jp   Since Robby is no longer taking new clients (without extensively proving your retail ID), a few of us here order extras to help others get what they need.

What I do is try to figure out how many folks may be interested and then try to order enough to cover most folks needs.  Makes it a bit cheaper for everyone than resorting to eBay.  There are no guarantees unfortunately until the product ships.  Only then will I know exactly how many cases I'm getting and exactly how much they will cost. So far though, we have been able to help most everyone who has asked, and at a price cheaper than eBay for boxes and cases.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2007, 11:32 AM »
I might also be interested in a Master Case, so please keep the boards posted as your order dates become more permanent.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2007, 11:56 AM »
If anybody gets an extra Qui-Gon please let me buy one because this would be the only one I'd be interested in.I really don't want to buy a case for just one figure :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Hey Jeff, based on our discussion put me down for one basic set of 6 for now.  Once the ratios and chases are announced, I may increase that to one set of 12...  Thanks.

Jeff, whether or not these chases hold true, I'm in for a set of 12.  Thanks.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 1, 2007, 11:53 AM »
I'm not sure on all that pre-order junk - that looks like that particular store and not straight from Medicom. 

I guess we will have to wait for another one of "our" big stores (Spanky, Robby) to confirm which one is right...

Jeff,

Any word on the pre-order status from your contacts?  Is the 23rd of the month the usual update day from Medicom?  Since 10/23 has come and gone without any mention of things, I'm assuming there is nothing.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 1, 2007, 02:59 PM »
I have not heard anything from my friend in Japan.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: November 1, 2007, 11:01 PM »
Any word on the pre-order status from your contacts?  Is the 23rd of the month the usual update day from Medicom?  Since 10/23 has come and gone without any mention of things, I'm assuming there is nothing.

The 23rd is the day that Medicom updates their site, but that is usually separate from retailers.

As for the Japanese stores, both Medicom On-line shop and Amazon Japan are still saying it's boxes of 12, not boxes of 24.  Still no word from HLJ, Robby, or Spanky that I am aware of though...