Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145148 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #510 on: April 30, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Jeff - How tall is Queen Amidala vs IG-88?  How Wide is she compared to a Gammorrean Guard?  I'm trying to see if she'll fit into my display  :-X

Offline evilalive

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 30, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Woo, seems my selection of getting Saesee Tiin instead of Aurra is well worth it this time....... ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #512 on: April 30, 2008, 09:39 AM »
However, it has gotten me to wonder... if the overall case ratios are to be believed (1:96) and there are master cases without any rare chase, does that mean that there are master cases out there with 2 rare chases?

I wouldn't put too much thought into those ratios.  The 1:96 ratio isn't an "official" exact ratio from Medicom or anything, it's just based on the trends we see.  Mainly done so people can get an idea on rarity for pricing.  It could be higher or lower, but we'd never have enough data to know for sure (and besides, it's easier to type 1:96 than to type 99:9600 or something ;)).

Anything can happen I suppose, but I would guess that the chances of finding two rare chases in a single MC would have to be very low...

Jeff - How tall is Queen Amidala vs IG-88?  How Wide is she compared to a Gammorrean Guard? 

She is shorter than IG-88 and similar in width to the Blue Prequel Senate Guard figure.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 30, 2008, 09:41 AM »

I wouldn't put too much thought into those ratios.  The 1:96 ratio isn't an "official" exact ratio from Medicom or anything, it's just based on the trends we see.  Mainly done so people can get an idea on rarity for pricing.  It could be higher or lower, but we'd never have enough data to know for sure (and besides, it's easier to type 1:96 than to type 99:9600 or something ;)).

The Marvel Boxes openly advertise a 1:96 ratio.  Now I realize that isn't necessarily the case with SW Kubricks.

She is shorter than IG-88 and similar in width to the Blue Prequel Senate Guard figure.

Perfect, thanks.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #514 on: April 30, 2008, 10:04 AM »
The Marvel Boxes openly advertise a 1:96 ratio.  Now I realize that isn't necessarily the case with SW Kubricks.

Yeah, while some of the series put ratios or percents right on the boxes, for SW series all it says on the box is "Collection of 6 Figures + Secret Characters".
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 30, 2008, 10:40 AM »
$300-$320 for a set of 9 was the going rate for almost all of the series before this one, I think people are over reacting and thinking there will be a shortage of these (like the box set)

I completely agree.  People are panicking far, far too quickly.  We have to remember that essentially Jeff is functioning as a retailer with his Kubricks and got them very quickly.  These haven't even been available at retail in Japan for more than a week yet as one of the distributors, Robby.jp, didn't get them until late last week. 

Too soon to spend money.  Especially too much money.  Standard ebay rules apply.  Patience Jedi, patience.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline rdm5777

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 30, 2008, 11:55 AM »
So this is the answer i got back from robby..

"Chase" means a secret figure?
If so, whether you can get it or not depends on the carton.
If you purchase it by carton(4boxes), you can not always get a secret
character.

There was more to it about the Halo kubricks and chases were not in all the cartons, not sure if this is true or not. I guess i am just out of luck.  ::)

While this is certainly a discouraging response and I'm a bit nervous about my case at this point, I don't take Robby's word as the final word regarding chase placement/ratios/whatever.  If they are strictly a wholesaler selling cases (and boxes???), they wouldn't have any idea if each case comes with a chase or not.  Since it's not a guarantee stated by Medicom, I'm sure Robby doesn't want the responsibility of ensuring that a chase is found in each case and this is just a standard response.  I think Medicom is your best bet at this point.  I'm sure it will take some leg work to track them down, but their contact info has to be out there somewhere (maybe even ask Robby for what contact info they have).

Here are the numbers found on their site:  代表TEL/FAX      : 03-3460-3933  : 03-3460-6933

I'm guessing you probably don't speak Japanese but it doesn't hurt to call on the off chance they might be able to put someone on the phone who speaks English...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:00 PM by rdm5777 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 30, 2008, 07:07 PM »
There is a red and white Robby sticker over one corner of the outer box which makes me think it was opened before mailed out to me.

Dan, are are talking about this sticker on the MC?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 30, 2008, 07:09 PM »
DSJ - is that your very own MC?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #519 on: April 30, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Yeah thats the one but it was just placed oddly and of course i was just angry. Now that i have calmed down i assume now it was just medicoms mistake. It doesnt make it any better but it is what it is.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 30, 2008, 07:22 PM »
DSJ - is that your very own MC?

Yes, it is. It was waiting for me when I got home.  8)

In Jeff's pic, he has one one the side of a MC & one on top of another MC on thr ight & maybe part of the sticker on the middle MC.

Looking at my MC, I am 110% positive that this is a factory sealed MC. The number on the MC is C/No. 174.

Until I hear back from another party that requested a sealed box of 12, the MC will stay sealed. I want to be fair with him.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 30, 2008, 08:26 PM »
The word has been given from the other party, I am go to open them... all!  8)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2008, 08:29 PM »

WOOOHOOO!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 30, 2008, 08:31 PM »

are ya done yet? are ya done yet? heh

have fun!
Adam

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Come on DSJ.  You can't hold out on is.  What'd you get.