Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145093 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2008, 08:34 AM »
That robe looks hysterical.  Great idea.  I wonder if you trimmed it down a little bit if it would look perfect.

I don't know - his cloak was kind of overflowing like that in the movie - not a simple cape like Vader has.  I think it looks pretty sweet that way. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 20, 2008, 02:25 PM »
That robe looks hysterical.  Great idea.  I wonder if you trimmed it down a little bit if it would look perfect.

I don't know - his cloak was kind of overflowing like that in the movie - not a simple cape like Vader has.  I think it looks pretty sweet that way. 

I agree the cloak should be longer than Vader's cape, but its still a bit excessively long (my opinion  ;))

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 20, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Well, based on what Jon found (or didn't find, as is the case), it looks like you can add a 4th confirmed case pack -

6x Case 1 - Jar Jar & Aurra Sing
2x Case 2 - Only Jar Jar Binks
1x Case 3 - Only Saesee Tiin
1x Case 4 - Only Aurra Sing

*Based on what the Hong Kong ebayers are saying, I'm sure there are Jar Jar & Saesee Tiin case packs out there too.

We can add another 'Only Saesee Tiin' case to the list.  Someone over on Kubrick Nation bought a master case and only got Tiin.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 20, 2008, 06:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:21 PM by Jeff »

Offline LiK

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • OmochaDX
« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2008, 09:54 AM »
i'm underwhelmed by the chase figures in this series. i ordered 2 cases andi got aurra and jar jar (one in each case). i think i'm gonna sell jar jar to get back some money for this. maybe i'll sell aurra too...
http://omochadx.com
Reviews, Rants, Ravings and Information about Toys and More!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 22, 2008, 11:57 AM »
I got my Saesee Tiin today.  I'm very pleased to have him but as with all my chases I end up scrutinizing the details.  Mine has wobbly legs and it seems like his right leg is a little longer than his left.  Also the horns have a lot "flash" on them left over from the casting process.  However, I'm not anxious to try and fix those.

Seeing this figure in person really makes me want to get Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, and Ki Adi Mundi as Jedi Kubricks!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09 PM »
So I was looking at the Saesee Tiin chase and was wondering why Medicom decided not to put the head tattoo on the back of his head.  In every Hasbro release that there has been, the tattoo is there in some iteration.  I'm used to seeing very good attention to detail with the Kubrick figures and was surprised that they left this detail out.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 22, 2008, 07:30 PM »
My Saesee Tiin arrive today, that completes Series 8 for me.  8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Big day for deliveries, huh DSJ?

P.S.  Doesn't that lightsaber burn his hands?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 22, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Oh yes, a very big day for Kuby goodness.  ;D

Burn his hands, yeah kinda & Qui Gon's too & Maul looks pissed with both his hands holding the lightsabers.  :D

The lightsabers are very long for these Medicom cases, I don't want to break them.  ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 22, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Is Anakin holding something?  I didn't think he came with any accessories?

EDIT:  Damn, I just checked other photos and he his holding something. I think I must have thrown that away. It looks like I might have to open one of my sealed boxes to get it. That sucks.

I even remember commenting to I am Sith when we were opening them that I was surprised he didn't have an accessory.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 09:10 PM by BrentS »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 22, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Ummm, yes he did come with an accessorie. Did you not get one?

Edit, I see you figured it out. You must look very closely at the clear baggies these Kuby's come in. I had one that the accessorie fell out as it was not heat sealed at one end.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 22, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Speaking of accessories, I should have posted before- consider me the unlucky lesson-learner for the rest of you opening Aurra- the rifle strap may look like you can move it, but doing so "moves" the rifle in half. I glued it back together and since I can't see ever selling it, it doesn't matter much. But it sucked, none the less. Sucked in a bad way.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 22, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Ummm, yes he did come with an accessorie. Did you not get one?

Damn.  Well, I'm sure I didn't see an accessory with him.  All is not lost in that I've got 2 more of these guys left but they are in sealed boxes of 12.  :-\

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 23, 2008, 03:09 AM »
Oh yes, a very big day for Kuby goodness.  ;D

Burn his hands, yeah kinda & Qui Gon's too & Maul looks pissed with both his hands holding the lightsabers.  :D

The lightsabers are very long for these Medicom cases, I don't want to break them.  ;)

OK DSJ, this may sound insane, but looking at you Qui-Gon, you need to put his other foot on the peg then place the saber in his right hand so it goes across his chest and he will be holding the saber handle just fine without having to burn his hands,

CB

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:10 AM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...