Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145088 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #15 on: January 4, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Yeah, I think of Ewoks Wicket as a different Ewok also.  Maybe not Romba or any of the other vintage ones, but possibly Bob or Harry the Ewok that appeared just off camera.  Works for me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 4, 2007, 04:54 PM »
I'm also interested in seeing a hoth wave.  I haven't gone through the list of figures, but off the top of my head I'm guessing Empire is the most under-represented for figures.  Well, other then wave 1.

I also want to see some sort of a chewie and r2 one day.  I know I'll never get an early bird set, and those are two characters that leave glaring holes in the collection.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 4, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Wicket is not even close to Romba, Lumat & Warok IMO.

To me...that's close enough

To you, maybe. To me the hoods off & Romba has a belt plus Lumat & Warok have a Quiver.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: January 4, 2007, 05:07 PM »
And to me, the chances of Medicom ever making a Romba/Lumat/Warok are slim to none.  Which is why Ewoks Wicket will forver be to me "Romba".  Wompus might be a better alternative

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 4, 2007, 05:22 PM »
If Medicom does make another Ewok, they may just add the quiver & bow but then again they might do another from the Ewoks cartoon line. Dulok Scout, Dulok Shaman, King Garneesh, Logray (Cartoony) & Ugrah Lady Garneesh but doubtful IMO. But then again it's Medicom & they do seem to like to surprise us like that Indy.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Cartoony Logray would be my bet because the coloration is so different from standard Ewoks.  The Duloks would be too, being greenish and all, but I just see blue Logray fitting better.  I don't see any need for further Ewoks, of course.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 10:06 PM »
BBTS has the next box set up for pre-order.

Box set
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Is that price what you expected to see? I was thinking 40-50 tops. $12.00 each before shipping (with some of them a bit on the"yawn" side) seems pretty steep to me... :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 11:59 AM »
The last two box sets sat fairly high at the start of their release too but then dropped to the more reasonable prices around $30-40 or so.  Naturally I finally caved on the second box set just before the prices fell through the floor ::)  Piss poor timing that. 

I'd wait on the box set rather than go with BBTS's price, only because there has been no indication of limitation on this box set itself.  It's readily available to anyone that wants it in Japan so it shouldn't be a short run or anything.  I guess I'm saying I expect it to settle down once the initial rush is over.  Take that with a grain of salt as my friend in Japan already has a set on order for me, so I'm a little calmer than I might otherwise be. 

A little over a week until Medicom's announcement day.  I'm guessing we hear what's in series 8 AND the snowtrooper is part of it. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 04:27 PM »
I am waiting as well since i have a friend in japan as well  ;D but i figured i'd mention it for those who were interested.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 08:00 PM »
The new box set has a much higher retail price. People who get it direct have to pay 6000yen ($50), plus about 1000yen for delivery. The Toys'r'us set was about 3500yen IIRC,and you could just walk into the shop to buy it, which is why there were soooo many found there way onto ebay.  If the shipping isnt too high on the above link, I'd say its not a bad deal.

And I wouldnt expect a snowtrooper later down the line anymore than I'd expect a 11th series consisting of chases people missed. Maybe I should put that in the dream box-list thread :)

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 08:58 PM »
I've been thinking bot this for a while and this is how i see it...

Series 8 Cloud City*****************************************
Leia Bespin
Both Bespin Guards (A and B version)
Lobot
Ugnaught
Cloud Car Pilot
C3-PO removable limbs***** but i see it as Chewy with C3-PO on his back like the upcoming Yoda/ Luke combo
Rebel Commando Chase
Lando General Chase
General Madine Chase

Series 9 Hoth*************************************************
Leia Hoth
Luke Hoth
Hoth Rebel
Hoth Rebel Commander Chase
AT-AT Commander (Veers)
AT-ST Driver
A-Wing Pilot
Imperial Dignitary Chase
R2 Sensorscope/R2 Pop-Up Saber (two mixed as one) Chase
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:54 PM by Adrian »

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 09:07 PM »
And to me, the chances of Medicom ever making a Romba/Lumat/Warok are slim to none.

I agree those 3 seem interchangeable and easily forgetable

These two on the other hand, yes please!
Teebo

Cheif Chirpa

but you never know.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:09 PM by Adrian »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 09:21 PM »
The new box set has a much higher retail price. People who get it direct have to pay 6000yen ($50), plus about 1000yen for delivery. The Toys'r'us set was about 3500yen IIRC,and you could just walk into the shop to buy it, which is why there were soooo many found there way onto ebay.  If the shipping isnt too high on the above link, I'd say its not a bad deal.

And I wouldnt expect a snowtrooper later down the line anymore than I'd expect a 11th series consisting of chases people missed. Maybe I should put that in the dream box-list thread :)

Thanks for the info on the costs, that means this is a one set deal for me. I'm going to hope the snowtrooper is in a series though- the biker scout came out in a boxed set and in a series, so it's not unprecedented. Plus imperial troops are a natural fit to fill that 4 per or 3 per spot in the box.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 12:09 AM »

I don't at all disagree that the likelihood of a regular release snowtrooper is less likely than had it not been released in a box set, but to suggest it's about as likely as a series re-releasing all the chase figures in more than a little bit absurd.  As pointed out, we have two versions of the biker scout in fairly short order, one a box "set" the other a regular release.  Fairly rapid succession on their relative releases too.  Add to that the relative lack of other army builders available and I think Medicom has themselves in a bit of an OT quandry.  Sure, the easy way out is to start plunking clone troopers into the line (ptui) but I remain optimistic that we'll see more snowtroopers.  Medicom has shown they are pretty sharp and understand their market pretty well. 

Ah well, at worst it's just proof that no matter how cynical one thinks themselves to be, there's always someone functioning just a notch above you ;) :-*