Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 144589 times)

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Yeah, last year in January we learned about both Series 6 and the 400% Wicket.

Since there was no announcement in January, it makes me think there won't be anything SW related at the 2007 February Wonderfest...  :-\

Maybe next month...  :(

I'm sure they are just teasing us!     

I had a look through the items on the website and couldnt find any reference to wonderfestival, so I'm supposing that information will come in the next update, and through advertisements in magazines over here.

I'll have a scan through HyperHobby in the video shop when it comes out, I'd be surprised if that didnt have any information.

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 10:30 PM »
By the way,how do those folks at medicom determined the released dates of the series... :(
SERIES 1 - APR 2003
SERIES 2 - NOV 2003
SERIES 3 - OCT 2004
SERIES 4 - JUL 2005
SERIES 5 - NOV 2005
SERIES 6 - JUN 2006
SERIES 7 - NOV 2006
SERIES 8 - -------- 2007

It seems that,most of the years have 2 releases so far except 2004,probably due to the released of carded figures..r2,black pauldron sandy,droids boba, holo leia,endor boxset and TRU Boxset I presume they've lost 'INTEREST' on regular basis sets... :P sigh.....sigh...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 04:24 PM »
umm random question... where can you find these little guys. iv never seen them before but see a lot of talk about them on this site. im kinda interested. its not one of those online series are they?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 04:50 PM »
They are retailed exclusively in Japan.  Unless you count various online retailers like BBTS.com, etc.  But they are not released into North America directly.  Very few Canadian retailers carry them at all; Toys, Toys, Toys (Toronto) and maybe one online/store in Vancouver carry them, that's about it. 

HLJ.com sells them directly by the box of 12 to anyone (no membership required).  Robby.jp sells them to qualified dealers by the case at a better price (they also sell by the box I believe).  Ebay or the b/s/t boards here are your best bet.  But be aware many of the figures released have been only one to a box, so those are rather hard to come by as people tend to keep them for their sets. 

Sorry, I think Hong Kong has them as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:50 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Yeah, last year in January we learned about both Series 6 and the 400% Wicket.

Since there was no announcement in January, it makes me think there won't be anything SW related at the 2007 February Wonderfest...  :-\

Maybe next month...  :(

I'm sure they are just teasing us!     

I had a look through the items on the website and couldnt find any reference to wonderfestival, so I'm supposing that information will come in the next update, and through advertisements in magazines over here.

I'll have a scan through HyperHobby in the video shop when it comes out, I'd be surprised if that didnt have any information.

I looked and....    NOTHING! ???

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2007, 08:57 AM »
I am starting to get concerned... Still, if they have a box set coming it's not like they gave up the license this year. Hopefully some news soon  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 3, 2007, 01:16 PM »
WonderFest for Winter 2007 is on February 25th...  I'm currently hoping that the February Medicom update announces Series 8 on the 23rd and they they show them off at the show!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 4, 2007, 11:33 AM »
WonderFest for Winter 2007 is on February 25th...  I'm currently hoping that the February Medicom update announces Series 8 on the 23rd and they they show them off at the show!   :)

Seems that the whole Kub world are keeping thier fingers crossed.. ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 12:13 PM »
Just over a week......

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 10:09 AM »

Seems that the whole Kub world are keeping thier fingers crossed.. ???

*crosses fingers*
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2007, 09:40 AM »
3 days to go, let's hope.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2007, 07:43 PM »
They're about 18 hours ahead of us, so it's less than that. 

My Yakface arrived in the mail today, so since that series is now wrapped up and because I'm looking at Yak right now, I'll speculate:

Will we see more modern versions of figures creeping into the lines?
I hope not and admit I wish the Yak was a copy of the vintage line instead of the modern release.  It would certainly allow Medicom to extend the life of the OT figures in the line with more variation than appeared in the original vintage lineup.  And it's not like it hasn't happened before, the Vader had the Dagobah version down pretty well.

Will there be more PT figures?
I know some guys are anxious for them, but I really, really hope not.  That blue Royal Guard scares the crap out of me.  Sure, it's nice, but let's be realistic here, the PTs while completing the front end of the movies have a huge component in place that's pretty much nothing more than marketing.  Why did the stormtroopers only come in white when there was such a veritable rainbow of colors some 15-20 years before.  Yeah, I know, Lucas-ian revisionist history is going to have the 2010 release of the OT have all the stormtroopers in different colors, but it doesn't mean I support it.  I'm ok with EU to a small degree, but not revisionist history >:(

And speaking of EU, anyone think we might start seeing so EU based lines in the Kubrick at some point?  Or is that just Hasbro's pet fetish?  I think there's little need, but I really don't have much of a feel for how the Japanese market feels about the EU (or PT for that matter) and I think that drives the design and selection more than anything that happens elsewhere. 

I wonder....

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2007, 10:06 AM »
They're about 18 hours ahead of us, so it's less than that. 

My Yakface arrived in the mail today, so since that series is now wrapped up and because I'm looking at Yak right now, I'll speculate:

Will we see more modern versions of figures creeping into the lines?
I hope not and admit I wish the Yak was a copy of the vintage line instead of the modern release.  It would certainly allow Medicom to extend the life of the OT figures in the line with more variation than appeared in the original vintage lineup.  And it's not like it hasn't happened before, the Vader had the Dagobah version down pretty well.

Will there be more PT figures?
I know some guys are anxious for them, but I really, really hope not.  That blue Royal Guard scares the crap out of me.  Sure, it's nice, but let's be realistic here, the PTs while completing the front end of the movies have a huge component in place that's pretty much nothing more than marketing.  Why did the stormtroopers only come in white when there was such a veritable rainbow of colors some 15-20 years before.  Yeah, I know, Lucas-ian revisionist history is going to have the 2010 release of the OT have all the stormtroopers in different colors, but it doesn't mean I support it.  I'm ok with EU to a small degree, but not revisionist history >:(

And speaking of EU, anyone think we might start seeing so EU based lines in the Kubrick at some point?  Or is that just Hasbro's pet fetish?  I think there's little need, but I really don't have much of a feel for how the Japanese market feels about the EU (or PT for that matter) and I think that drives the design and selection more than anything that happens elsewhere. 

I wonder....

Agreed on all accounts. I was astonished and somewhat dismayed to see the Blue Guard, as cool of a figure as it is.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 12:41 PM »
I have to agree, but if adding a few prequel characters in the mix means the continuation of the line then i guess i am ok with it. As long as we continue to get cool things that Hasbro won't do i am ok with it. As long as the continue to pay respect to the vintage line then i'll go with the flow. So far Medicom has been on point and the most creative of the companies. They gave us animated figures, vinyl caped jawa, indiana jones and a blue snaggletooth. I think that is great and i think they will continue with this trend. I think we all knew it would happen eventually but they have not let us down yet so i am not going to worry.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 02:31 PM »
I agree Dan, these guys have been the sharpest of the bunch by a long shot and that's probably why that blue Royal Guard is so disturbing.  We all had thoughts for the chase figures that weren't prequel figures.  I can understand that it might be a creative way to save on tooling costs, and if that was the decision maker, I'm just fine with that.  If it's a harbinger of the future, not so great. 

I'm not about to up and drop the line, but a few PT figures will prevent me from ordering a full case.  I'd probably drop back to a box or perhaps even just track down a set without the chase figures.  I think a Maul could be neat but part of the draw for me to this line has been that intelligence Medicom has displayed by understanding the vintage line so well.  There's tons of companies out there doing prequel stuff but only one doing a really good homage to the vintage lineup (no disrespect to Hasbro's VOTC stuff, it's great).