Author Topic: What'cha working on?  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
What'cha working on?
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Just curious. What do you guys have in development right now?

I think I've finally gotten over my C4/UGP bindge and I'm now working on a Microwoman style arena Padme (complete with balloon clothes). I also did a small amount of sanding on my Microman Scorch so that project isn't quite dead yet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:53 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: What'cha working on?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Not a whole lot is going on for me unfortunately. I finally finished cleaning/organized my collection which has taken the better part of the last month, and yesterday was my last day of work for the summer so hopefully I will finally have some time in the next week or two before I go on vacation.

While I'm down in Denver I really try to work almost exclusively on my Stargate SGC diorama. It is too big to fit through the door of my appartment in Fort Collins (that and I would have nowhere to put it), so it is stuck down here at my parents where I only have a chance to wrok on it three months out of the year. So I'm really hoping I get a chance to get some work done on that while I'm here.

I also have a few random civilian type figures that I had just started on for the UGP but never finished. I had all the parts picked out and boiled'n'popped but I never got them together or painted them. Ihave them all together in little baggies somewhere though so I may try and get to those one of these nights.

I also was hoping to do some quick headswaps and limb shortening on a few of my DSTs to vary the army up a bit.
"This is the way."

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Let's see...

Wookiee Berserker
Microman Royal Guard
Crowd Controle Clone (with one of Straxus' own helmets)

Progress will be slow though, since my workspace has to make room, so our attic can get its makeover. After that's done, it's back to customizing!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:39 PM »
Speaking of Micromen...is it normal to pay `25 bucks for 1 of them on ebay, or is that a more recent development?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:19 PM »
I only pay $7 shipped directly from Japan. I use a seller named zira28. She currently has micromen/women/sisters for a buy it now of $6.99 plus $7 shipping each. She combines shipping. I also have a friend that does multiple business trips thru the year to Japan. He always picks me up a few.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 06:15 PM »
SA Nien Nunb
SA (or at least as close as I can get to it) Snowspeeder Pilot Luke

and some background pn characters. And of course filming and writing the pn.  8)

EDIT: Mygeeto Bridge, started yesterday.  8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 11:41 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 04:44 PM »
I am desperately trying to find some decent Imp Commando pics, I have four of them in the works now.Just waiting for a paint scheme. ;D

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Let's see...

Wookiee Berserker
Microman Royal Guard
Crowd Controle Clone (with one of Straxus' own helmets)

Progress will be slow though, since my workspace has to make room, so our attic can get its makeover. After that's done, it's back to customizing!

Cool! Looking forward to seeing the Wookie and Royal Guard finished! Great sculpting on those!
What helmet you using for the Crowd Control?
Speaking of Micromen...is it normal to pay `25 bucks for 1 of them on ebay, or is that a more recent development?
Check out smalljoes.com, they sometimes have some figures on clearance and there are some microman figures as low as $7, well at least last time I checked. Though no material force ones unfortunately. I used to get clearanced devil man micromen but they finaly sold out of them.

I am desperately trying to find some decent Imp Commando pics, I have four of them in the works now.Just waiting for a paint scheme. ;D
I got a bunch of reference pics on the way soon! I will post them in the ImperialCommandos.com thread I started here at JD. (I will also post the names of the people I am thankful for providing the reference pics.)

I too am working on some imperial commandos. I am working on some from the reference images of the late imperialcommandos site and alot of new ones. So far I am scuplted the head gear and microphones onto 10-12 different heads (some are jango clones, most are not.), started sculpting a few helmets and now I got to start prepping the bodies... Just wish I had more time.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...