Author Topic: MLB 2007  (Read 46312 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: MLB 2007
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2007, 12:14 AM »
****.  When Cleveland lost to send the series back to Boston I figured they'd be in trouble.

When they got their asses handed to them yesterday I knew they were done.  Double ****.  :(

Definitely shooting for the Rockies now that the Indians are out of it.  I'd root for anyone over Boston though (and yes, that includes the Yankees).

John

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2007, 01:51 AM »
I'm going to try my luck at getting some WS tickets tomorrow. Go Rockies! :)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2007, 02:09 AM »

Yeah, I am going to try to get tickets for a game as well tomorrow. I'm not expecting much luck, but hey, you never know!  :D
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2007, 07:50 AM »

Not going to happen.

You sure?

:o

I've never been so happy being so wrong.  Those automatic outs I was talking about actually started hitting and showing up and the pitchers actually made it to at least the fifth inning the last few games.  Now that I think about it, it's not surprising.  The Sox have been up and down all season, so it just stands to reason that the trend would continue in the playoffs.

Good luck.  I can't even get tickets to a regular season game, so I know the WS is out of the question (unless I want to take out a second mortgage).  I'll be content to sit home, watch the games in HD and get blitzed.

Go Sox!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 07:52 AM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2007, 12:24 PM »

I think it's easier to get an exclusive from GG or Sideshow than get these tickets!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2007, 02:19 PM »

I think it's easier to get an exclusive from GG or Sideshow than get these tickets!

Sure as hell seems like it so far... I've been trying for almost 2 and a half hours and haven't been able to get through yet...
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Now there's a message saying that the site is down.  Supposedly no one has been able to get tickets from what I've heard.  I think there are also people starting to line up at Coors Field.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Over 8 million hits on the Rockies site in the first hour alone... :o

Four hours online now and still no luck. On the plus side the queue page did change for me, maybe the server is getting close to working.

Now there's a message saying that the site is down.  Supposedly no one has been able to get tickets from what I've heard.  I think there are also people starting to line up at Coors Field.

That's what I heard as well. The news hasn't been able to confirm anyone who has actually been able to purchase them.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Over 8 million hits on the Rockies site in the first hour alone... :o

Four hours online now and still no luck. On the plus side the queue page did change for me, maybe the server is getting close to working.

Or not...
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Still...that's kind of a good thing as most of the tickets are still available and perhaps we still have a good chance of snagging some.

Maybe I'll see you in the Rock Pile Ryan!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26 PM »
What game are you looking for? I'm going to try for game 4, in anticipation of another sweep (knock on wood). :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be Rock Pile unless I decide to pony up some big bucks for better seats, $130 for two Rock Pile seats is already pretty expensive though.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Hmm, looks like they just announced the tickets will go back up tomorrow at noon. I hope this works out this time around. :)
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2007, 12:19 AM »
Hmm, looks like they just announced the tickets will go back up tomorrow at noon. I hope this works out this time around. :)

Time to skip another class looking for tickets... Nice avatar BTW. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2007, 07:54 AM »
Serious question.  Why did the Rockies wait until after the ALCS to put tickets up for sale?  It's not like they didn't know when they were playing, just who they'd be playing.  I'd think they would want to limit the chances of the other team's fans trying to get tickets, especially if it's the Red Sox, a team who's fans are known to travel well.  So why wait a week?  Tickets should have been for sale the day after the Rockies clinched the League Championship.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Serious question.  Why did the Rockies wait until after the ALCS to put tickets up for sale?  It's not like they didn't know when they were playing, just who they'd be playing.  I'd think they would want to limit the chances of the other team's fans trying to get tickets, especially if it's the Red Sox, a team who's fans are known to travel well.  So why wait a week?  Tickets should have been for sale the day after the Rockies clinched the League Championship.

If that is indeed the case maybe it is to try and help Rockies fans get tickets? I really think they should have had a local lottery here to let people in Colorado get first crack and then they could have still sold some online to anyone. By putting these up online only we are going to have to be dealing with scalpers that aren't even in CO buying this **** and immediately putting them on EvilBay. Not to mention we have to deal with all the frat-boy, bandwagon Boston fans. The Red Sox are easily my least favorite team in baseball (sorry Mikey ;) ).

EDIT: God damn this is such a cluster****. Supposedly tickets are selling but it going slow. I've been online for an hour now tryign to get tickets, no luck so far... :-\
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:43 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."