Author Topic: MLB 2007  (Read 46280 times)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2007
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2007, 10:52 AM »
What!? the **** happen to the Reds! They can't even beat a 4-10 team! then blow a 6-1 lead in the 8th inning! MORONS! >:( :P :-X
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Pandemonium for a Yank-Hatah

Yankees swept at Boston-first since 1990   yeSSSSS!

Tooo bad all those ARod homers couldn't even help them; he's steamrolling now!

L DukAY hammered lately! yeSSSS

DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Pandemonium for a Yank-Hatah

Yankees swept at Boston-first since 1990   yeSSSSS!

Tooo bad all those ARod homers couldn't even help them; he's steamrolling now!

L DukAY hammered lately! yeSSSS

DS

Go away.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 03:29 PM »
 >:(that's nothing The Moron Reds were swept by a 4-10 team.They looked horrible. :P :-[ :-X
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2007, 04:02 PM »
No sympathy.....I tolled through my team has looked like ass for the first couple weeks.
This weekend however, they completed their second consecutive sweep at home, and they don't look so bad now, especially the pitching rotation!

Couple that with my most hated team sucking, along with their closer with the ridiculous nickname getting lit up.. I feel all  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)s

;D
DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2007, 04:06 PM »
No sympathy.....I tolled through my team has looked like ass for the first couple weeks.
This weekend however, they completed their second consecutive sweep at home, and they don't look so bad now, especially the pitching rotation!

Couple that with my most hated team sucking, along with their closer with the ridiculous nickname getting lit up.. I feel all  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)s

;D
DS

Oh big woop.  He gave up a run scoring triple down the right field foul line where Doug Mientkiewicz and his super nifty glove that we haven't seen yet should have been playing in the first place to protect against precisely that play.

Your team doesn't even have a closer and our's has a good chance of converting the next 40 save opportunities in flawless fashion like he normally does year after year.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Your team doesn't even have a closer and our's has a good chance of converting the next 40 save opportunities in flawless fashion like he normally does year after year.

Oh yeah, well, my dad is bigger than your..dads and... ::)
-win hard and lose hard-at least you're consistent ;D ;D ;D :-*

*you are right though my team closer has converted 4 out of 4 chances, so I guess we don't have a closer

DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2007, 06:58 PM »

*you are right though my team closer has converted 4 out of 4 chances, so I guess we don't have a closer

DS

Not without drama my friend.  He gave up 2 ER in one of his 4 saves and put 2 runners on base in each of his last 2 saves.  Not exactly stellar.  And please, don't even try to compare Armando Benitez to Mariano Rivera.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2007, 10:43 PM »

DS

Not without drama my friend.  He gave up 2 ER in one of his 4 saves and put 2 runners on base in each of his last 2 saves.  Not exactly stellar.  And please, don't even try to compare Armando Benitez to Mariano Rivera.

I wouldn't dare because at the season to this point your guy is obviously better ::)
It's a world of ..what have you done for me lately, haven't you learned that yet?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Is Alex Rodriguez really on pace to hit 126 HR's 18 games into the season?

Insane.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2007, 12:39 AM »
Is Alex Rodriguez really on pace to hit 126 HR's 18 games into the season?

Insane.

He can opt out of his contract with the Yankees at the end of the year and get more money, if I'm not mistaken.  When you can, always draft a guy in a pre-contract year.  Not that I follow my own advice, but Pujols is starting to come around ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2007, 10:19 AM »

It's a world of ..what have you done for me lately, haven't you learned that yet?

In the 16 game NFL season it is.  In MLB's 162 game season it is not.  It is a game of averages.  Earned Run Average.  Batting Average.  Things tend to average out over a baseball season, managers don't crucify their players over April baseball.  April baseball is one of the biggest aberrations in any sport, but the cream does rise to the top by October.  On average  ;)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Your speaking in alot of future tongues...well at least your confident in them.

Personally for me, I think 'El Turd' will start to decline now-just a hope-filled feeling.

Meanwhile, with what Rob said..yeah, A-Rod's pace...unreal. No person, however has been able to maintain a pace like it through a season. In the past mind you- I'm not predicting the future saying he can't either-but, wow.

It's sad that all he's doing isn't helping his team lately...is he the only one playing? That's alot of runs NY pitching gave up to. . . . .TB?! Can someone tell me why NYY seems to annually struggle against this team?(I know someone is too prideful to refuse ;))

DS
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:53 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Go Giants...keep going! ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 12:05 PM »
Go Giants...keep going! ;D

They stink and they've got no shot.  They'll probably only outperform the Rockies in their division.  And Barry Zito is the posterchild for an overpaid free agent pitcher without all that much dominance or talent.