Author Topic: Transformers/Spider-Man Competition?  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers/Spider-Man Competition?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Does Hasbro still have the license for Shrek? That might be one of the problems as well.

The problem with the Spidey line is they need more articulation, hopefully the Marbel Legends S-M3 figures will    have better articulation.

Hasbro has waaaay to much crap going on right now, next year should be more calm.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Does Hasbro still have the license for Shrek?

No, some other company (that I can't remember) has that license now.  Honestly, the fact that there have  been three different action figure license holders for three different Shrek films makes me wonder just how well said toys for each film sold. 

Another factor that nobody seems to be mentioning is that with the Marvel and Star Wars licenses (especially in the case of the latter, which makes today's announcement on the main page of the stock thing even more interesting), Hasbro has to surrender a sizeable cut of their overall sales on those toys.  With Transformers, Hasbro owns the license lock, stock, and barrel, and aside from what I would assume is a smallish percentage given to DreamWorks/Paramount, Hasbro stands to make more back on the TF movie toys than they do on the Spidey or FF film toys, or the SW stuff on the shelves.  That's why I suspect that the TF movie will have an even stronger shelf presence than Spidey does: so Hasbro can literally get the most for their investment.

That said, I think the only thing that's really competing with 30AC stuff for peg and shelf space right now is the 2006 Saga stuff that inexplicably continues to ship in larger numbers than, you know, actual new products.   ::)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Does Hasbro still have the license for Shrek? That might be one of the problems as well.

The problem with the Spidey line is they need more articulation, hopefully the Marbel Legends S-M3 figures will    have better articulation.

Hasbro has waaaay to much crap going on right now, next year should be more calm.

the spiderman line has OK articulation. heck they have SA venom, harry(with an action feature i think) 2 different spidey's green goblin and i think scorpian. its a pretty good line heck venom and spideys heads even fit on clone trooper bodies :P. makes for a cool custom.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 09:11 PM »
SA Venom!!?? :o Is it exclusive or basic?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 10:45 PM »
there are two version..only difference is one is more expensive because it is limited edition with more accurate paint. the limited ed. one is a WM exclusive. not hard to find at all. its the only figure i have from this line so far. im only gonna get the SA ones though. good quality only bad thing is it does not have ball joiinted elbows or ankles but it has enough joints everywhere else to make up for it :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 10:08 PM »
The FF4 will soon be competiton too.
Next year probably won't be a calm year either because Hasbro more than likely has (or will have) the rights to Indy IV.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 10:29 PM »
That's assuming that there is a toy line for Indy IV.  There really wasn't one for Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 12:18 AM »
Yeah, but you know Lucas will want to squeeze all the money he can from the last movie. Hopefully that'll mean figures from the first 2 movies too. Specifically a Kenner packaging style Raiders line.