Author Topic: The DS Thread  (Read 19031 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The DS Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2007, 07:42 PM »
Over at the scum Darth Joseph posted a big ol Do Not Buy post!! Saying the game was not even close to Mario Kart! I think I'll skip on it then!! I mean I've unlocked everything and what not, but I'd rather wait for a better game!

I know I'll be reserving, if there's a promo, or buying it the first day!!
Pokemon Diamond
« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 07:47 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Over at the scum Darth Joseph posted a big ol Do Not Buy post!!

Well when Darth Joseph says "do not buy," you better ******' well listen!!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I loved Diddy Kong Racing on N64, so I'll be picking it up for DS. I honestly don't know why you'd buy a racing game based on "how much different it is from Mario Kart." Sure the concept os the same, but it has different vehicles, completely different levels, and completely different characters.

As for other DS games, I still need to get Star Fox: Command and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2. I don't think I've gotten a DS game since New Super Mario Bros. came out last summer.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Over at the scum Darth Joseph posted a big ol Do Not Buy post!!

The bane of the mediocre gaming industry...  Darth Joseph.  :-\  He's why Lucasarts is a shell of it's former glory.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 11:35 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2007, 12:11 AM »
I loved Diddy Kong Racing on N64, so I'll be picking it up for DS. I honestly don't know why you'd buy a racing game based on "how much different it is from Mario Kart." Sure the concept os the same, but it has different vehicles, completely different levels, and completely different characters.

I played both Kart games on the '64, and remember having a lot more fun with MK than DK.  I'm not a huge fan of the genre these days, but if I were to buy one for the DS, it'd be the one I liked the most back in the day.  If I really liked the genre, I'd probably give some serious thought to picking up both.

The bane of the mediocre gaming industry...  Darth Joseph.  :-\  He's why Lucasarts is a shell of it's former glory.

Well, him and Jim Ward, of course. . .

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2007, 09:38 AM »

The bane of the mediocre gaming industry...  Darth Joseph.  .

Well I expect the snippy remark from Matt, but Jesse, I expect a lil more from you. I mean It's no different than anyone else recommending to pass on the game. Why the attitude?
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Why the attitude?

'Cause it was funny, the way you mentioned this guy's name like anybody here would give a **** about what some random Rebelscum flunkie thought of the game.  It's a meaningless reference which doesn't hold any context for anyone here.  "Well, I was thinking of picking up Diddy Kong Racing, but I heard that Rebelscum's 'Darth Joseph' said it wasn't very good, so I guess I won't."

Just a silly little comment, that's all.

By the way, the other day, my neighbor down the street, Joe-Bob, mentioned to me in passing that Hotel Dusk was, and I quote, "really cool."  So everybody should go out and buy it, 'cause believe me, Joe-Bob knows his ****, and if he says something's really cool, then it probably is.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Well perhaps. I was just stating someone's opinion. I mean does it really matter where they post?? I mean come on, flunkie? ::) People listen to other's opinions all the time, when it comes to games, it's no different!

But oh well, if you like it, that's all that matters!
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Well perhaps. I was just stating someone's opinion. I mean does it really matter where they post?? I mean come on, flunkie? ::) People listen to other's opinions all the time, when it comes to games, it's no different!

But oh well, if you like it, that's all that matters!

Although I do appreciate the rolleyes smiley (which is quite validating, coming from someone such as yourself), can we please drop this stupid argument, so we can move onto the next one?

The Nintendo DS sucks.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2007, 04:03 PM »
Wow, Darth Joseph does know his stuff. 

What a concise argument he lays out for the viewer.  Makes sense to me, my next portable system will be a PSP.  Only because you can play it while it's connected to the wall. 

Seriously, I heard it on the radio....and the news.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2007, 04:11 PM by ruiner »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #25 on: February 7, 2007, 04:43 PM »
my next portable system will be a PSP.  Only because you can play it while it's connected to the wall.

You might wanna think twice about that:

The PSP sucks.

It's a piece of trash.  It's also a piece of garbage.  It's a fact, folks.  Look it up on Google if you don't believe me.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 7, 2007, 10:50 PM »
Who is that guy?? Sometimes given access to technology is not a good thing!! ;) What I want to know is, who actually viewed the entire 12 minutes of video?? ;D
-Vincent

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 7, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Not me!! ;D
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 8, 2007, 09:00 AM »
That smiley gives me no comfort! :)

Oh don't know if it's a good game or not, but I picked up the Viewtiful Joe game for the DS, it had a clerance sticker price of 9.99, but when it rang up, it was onl4 something! Not bad, so if you have heard good things about the game, check your Targets!
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: March 4, 2007, 11:57 PM »
A buddy of mine bought a DS Lite and Mario Kart this weekend, so I picked up Mario Kart too so we could have some WiFi matches.

Anyway, here's my Friend Code for Mario Kart:

085993-168425

Feel free to add me, if you wanna do some easy ass-kickin', since I just got the game today.  Post your Friend Codes to the thread (or PM them to me, if for some reason you don't want your FC out in the open).

And here's my FC for Clubhouse Games, too:  0816-9212-6281.  Not sure if anyone here has that one, though.

Let's have fun!