Author Topic: The DS Thread  (Read 18955 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The DS Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 04:46 PM »
. . .well that and your DS thread!

Yeah, speaking of that, hook me up with your Friend Code for Mario Kart.  I'd like to get my ass kicked sometime.

Mine's 085993-168425

Yeah sure, but unfortunately I don't have wi fi at the house anymore!! I'm moving in May, so hopefully the new place will have it!!

Right on.

But I'll pm ya the code once I get to the house!

Okay, but that brings up a question I've had since visiting the official Nintendo forums a couple weeks ago:  Why are people so protective and secretive with their Friend Codes?  It's like a cardinal sin over there to give your FC to anyone, no matter how it's distributed (forums, PMs, e-mails, etc.).  I don't get it.  What can someone do with your FC?  I mean, don't you have to add their's as well, to even get the things to work properly?  It's not like it's your phone number or address or something.  I mean, the only thing that can really happen is that you'd have more people to play with, and isn't that the point?

Anyway, I've just been wondering about that.

If anything we can set up a time to play, since there is a cafe by the house that has wifi!! Maybe we can set up a time for all JD DS owners to have a good Mario Kart race!! ;D

That'd be swell, but, you know, I think the only people here who have both a DS and Mario Kart--or the only ones who have mentioned it here--are me, you, and Hemish.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 04:47 PM »
How do you get these Friend Codes? I have a DS (the original model) and Mario Kart. And a wireless connection at home. I'll look to see if my DS can have a FC.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 04:53 PM »
IIRC, your Friend Codes are generated through the particular WiFi games, and only after you've connected to the Nintendo WiFi Connection.

So, get onto the WFC with Mario Kart, and then you should be able to see your FC in one of the menus in the game.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Well I know you don't like talking about em, but most everyone has posted their friend code at the scum. So I don't know why the forums over at Nintendo are like that! Me, it's in my nature!! ;D LOL!! But you know come to think of it, doesn't your friend code change, when you change where you get your wifi?? I could have sworn it it did?? Do you know Matt if it does??

Well if Hemish, you and I are the only ones, that's enough for an online Mario Kart game!! ;D We'll have to pick a time sometime this weekend!! Oh and quick question, do you slide???
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Right before I read your post I found out how to do it.

Mine's 300742-892274 if anyone cares. The only online games I have are Mario Kart and Tetris DS.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 05:33 PM »
But you know come to think of it, doesn't your friend code change, when you change where you get your wifi?? I could have sworn it it did?? Do you know Matt if it does??

Don't know for sure, but it sounds like it:

"Friend codes" are generated from an identifier unique to a copy of a game and the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID of a DS system. Using a different copy of a game, or loading the same copy in a different system, generates a different Friend code.

I would take that to mean that if you get a new or different WiFi connection, then that would generate a new FC, but I could be wrong.

More at Wikipedia

Well if Hemish, you and I are the only ones, that's enough for an online Mario Kart game!! ;D We'll have to pick a time sometime this weekend!!

Sure, that'd be fun.  Just shoot me a PM or post in here.

Oh and quick question, do you slide???

Only around corners.

Mine's 300742-892274 if anyone cares.

Cool; just added you.  Add me and we can play sometime.

The only online games I have are Mario Kart and Tetris DS.

How's Tetris?  A buddy of mine just picked that up, and really likes it.  I think I'm either gonna grab that or Metroid Prime Hunters next.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Lady Jaye, is the cafe you mentioned Paneras? They have free WiFi there.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Mine's 300742-892274 if anyone cares.

Cool; just added you.  Add me and we can play sometime.

Awesome.

The only online games I have are Mario Kart and Tetris DS.

How's Tetris?  A buddy of mine just picked that up, and really likes it.  I think I'm either gonna grab that or Metroid Prime Hunters next.

Tetris is lots of fun. There are several different game modes and each one incorporates a different Nintendo game into it. For example, when you play Standard mode, as you play you can watch an NES style Mario hop on Koopas and Goombas in the background. I'd recommend it if you're a big fan of Tetris, otherwise buying it or not is your decision.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Lady Jaye, is the cafe you mentioned Paneras? They have free WiFi there.

Kevin

Oh no ****, they have wi fi?? Wow, didn't know that!! But no, just a cafe around the corner from my apt. I can't wait for Pokemon Diamond, wi fi battles around the world!!! :D Ok, funny thing, I've started packing up my stuff in boxes, including my games. I just left 1 in the system, and 2 in the lil carrying pack that I got from the Castlevania gift pack. I'll find Mario Kart and see if we can set up a time for Saturday or Sunday. What's a good day for you guys???
-Vincent

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 1, 2007, 03:07 PM »
So has anyone that is planning to buy Pokemon Diamond or Pearl heard about if the rumors were true about getting a HTF or no available in the game Pokemon if you buy both games??? I see pretty much every place has the the Ppokemon stylus that corresponds to either game, but no word on the Pokemon itself!!

Oh and where's the cheapest place to pick up the games??
-Vincent

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 07:13 PM »
I got a Nintendo DS for my birthday (Sunday) so I'm buying Pokemon Pearl and something else tomorrow.

Does anyone know about downloading the demo games from the Wal*Mart download center? Do they stay on your system when you leave or are you supposed to stand there and play your game demo?

Kevin

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Those download stations are all over the place, not just Wal-Mart.  Target, Best Buy, the smaller game stores like EB Games, etc.

The downloads will stay on your DS until you power it off. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Thanks. I think I'll give the demos a check out today when I go to pick up Pokemon Pearl and possibly Spider-Man 3. I'm not sold on that game yet. Has anyone here played it? The all Stylus navigation and control looks a touch confusing for a simple folk like myself.

Kevin

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 11:06 PM »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25 AM »
I have to say that it is interesting but looks a little awkward. Not sure how well that is going to work out.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"