Author Topic: MECCANO to TRILOGO: The Book.  (Read 3675 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
MECCANO to TRILOGO: The Book.
« on: January 8, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Gotta plug my good bud Stephane here.  ;D

MECCANO to TRILOGO: French to European Vintage SW Action Figures by Stephane Faucourt.

A little copy & paste &...

From (french) Meccano to (european) Trilogo: This book is dedicated to Star Wars action figure toys, from the elusive Meccano line, by the French licensee in 1978, to the European Trilogo line that was available until 1986.

It features the most extensive coverage ever published about both lines with the whole collections presented for the FIRST time, information, photography and printed material.

More than 500 illustrated pictures within 144 full color pages.

I just received this amazing book from over the pond, this book is just awesome. Nicely laid out, lots of pictures, checklists & so forth. Well worth every pennie & a great addition to SW collecting. If you want to order a copie they are 25 Euros or about $32. US plus shipping. Click the link below & get on before they are gone as these are limited to 350 copies.

If you order a copy, ask Stephane to personally autograph one.  ;)

You will not be disappointed, this book rocks!  :o :)

MECCANO to TRILOGO: The Site

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: MECCANO to TRILOGO: The Book.
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2007, 11:05 PM »
I saw that book being discussed over at 'Scum and was considering ordering it.  I imagine there's a LOT I could learn from it!

How much did you pay for shipping?  I noticed that Legends has it for sale as well for a higher price ($50CDN), but shipping should be a lot less.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2007, 11:05 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2007, 11:20 PM »
Shipping on a single book, no idea. I We had 6 books for a bulk rate, the total cost was $298.50 CDN so roughly $20. CDN to ship. Legends is pretty good for shipping costs, the book has a bit of weight to it so they might be the way to go.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2007, 02:35 PM »
On his site, the shipping rates are as follows:

1 book = 16.0 EUR (US$20)
2 books = 18.5 EUR (US$23)
3-9 books = 32.0 EUR (US$40)

I've procrastinated getting this book just because of the shipping (well, my cheapness is actually more to blame). I wonder how much the total with shipping from Legends would be. Probably very comparable to the $52 from his site.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:15 PM »
I have to agree, shipping is the problem. I would probably pick it up but dont want to pay that much for shipping. I guess i am cheap too.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Like Jesse mentioned, Legends up here in Canada has the book instock for $50. Canadian so about $42.65 US. Send them an e-mail & ask them what shipping will be to the US. Asking is free.  ;)