Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300146 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #345 on: June 9, 2009, 09:57 AM »
Worked out a deal with Morgbug to acquire his Carded Series 1 figures.  Also picked up a loose young Boba Fett from the recent 2-pack.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 9, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Just picked up an Aliens powerloader set for £16.46/$26.52 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220423409484

That's a nice deal.  Looks like he has more of them if anyone else wants them...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 9, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Wow, I didn't realize those Shadow Guards were getting so cheap... might be time to track down another one so I have an opener too.

I asked the seller if he's got any other Kubies to sell, so I will let you know if he specifically has any more of these if youw ant to get in on that price and maybe even combine shipping.   ;)

No dice - he doesn't have any more shadow guards or any other Kubies for sale.   :(  I did put in a plug for us all that if he comes across more,there is a large group of interested collectors here who might be willing to buy outside of Ebay to save everyone some money.  I'll post to the group if I ever hear anything back, but not counting on it. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Not the best time to be buying figures with all of the new releases out there, but I couldn't pass this one up.  I picked up a Series 6 General Veers chase figure this morning and already have confirmation that it's been shipped.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2009, 03:13 PM »
Did you pick it up off ebay?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Not the best time to be buying figures with all of the new releases out there, but I couldn't pass this one up.  I picked up a Series 6 General Veers chase figure this morning and already have confirmation that it's been shipped.

Two in one day!?   :o

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2009, 03:29 PM »
Did you pick it up off ebay?

Nope, I actually found it on the Brians Toys site.  Just happened to stumble across it this morning.

Nope, this is the only one I bought today.  I hope I didn't mistakenly post that I picked up another chase somewhere.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2009, 03:33 PM »

Nope, this is the only one I bought today.  I hope I didn't mistakenly post that I picked up another chase somewhere.

Actually, Jay just posted that he bought one off of Brian's Toys as well.  I'm surprised that they had two - any chance that they have more?  I checked the site, but didn't see any reference for him.   :'(

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2009, 03:37 PM »
I bet that we were both notified via email that this was back in stock and you were faster on the draw and your order filled first as I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I have a bad feeling about this....  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2009, 03:42 PM »
The e-mails from them seem to have gotten around, nope not me. Had that on my notify list from back then, very surprised they got some in & at good prices. Especially from them.  

BTW, nice score!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:45 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I bet that we were both notified via email that this was back in stock and you were faster on the draw and your order filled first as I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I have a bad feeling about this....  :-\

Actually, I was just searching the site this morning and came across it.  Blind **** luck I guess...

Anyway, I was getting a weird error when I was looking up my order history so I decided to give them a call.  I spoke to someone at the store who then looked up the order and confirmed that it was on its way.  I still have yet to get an e-mail confirmation on the order and my CC hasn't been charged yet either.  We should know in a few days if they actually had two in stock or not since they are only shipping from WI.

Actually, Jay just posted that he bought one off of Brian's Toys as well.  I'm surprised that they had two - any chance that they have more?  I checked the site, but didn't see any reference for him.   :'(

I didn't realize he had posted something in the MN threads about his purchase. I need to remember to check in on you guys from time to time to see what's going on... ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2009, 04:26 PM »

I didn't realize he had posted something in the MN threads about his purchase. I need to remember to check in on you guys from time to time to see what's going on... ;)

Its like they have their own secret thread or something :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Sweet!  I finally got my TRU 5-pack crossed off the list.

$52 shipped is even better than I was hoping for.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:40 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Nice score.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Nice score.

Thanks!  Did you hear back on your Veers?