Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300871 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #585 on: January 15, 2010, 10:13 PM »
My Jango Fett / Boba Fett boxed set arrived today in minty condition.  Thanks again Jerry!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 20, 2010, 11:47 PM »
Nabbed my Sacul and Jar Jar in the mail yesterday as well.  Thanks again Jer!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 21, 2010, 11:36 PM »
I also need the vinyl Jawa, blue coat Snaggletooth, old Anakin and Tion Medon.

One more down.  I was able to pick up the Series 7 Anakin chase from Jerry's ebay auctions.  And then there were four...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 23, 2010, 07:31 AM »
Big parcel of Kubricks arrived yesterday. 2004 - 5pc boxset, Scout Trooper with bike, 3PO-R2 2 pack, carded figs: chewie, holo yoda, Han carbonite and animated R2. That's the carded collection complete! Only need 13 more kubricks to complete my collection!!! Can barely afford to eat though!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Nice scores guys!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Picked up the vinyl Jawa yesterday. Series 3 finished  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 28, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Picked up the vinyl Jawa yesterday. Series 3 finished  ;D

Nice addition! Ebay purchase or otherwise?

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 28, 2010, 10:55 PM »
My brother grabed it for me from a comic/toy store. They dont deal in kubricks normally so someone probably traded it in.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 29, 2010, 04:52 PM »
My brother grabed it for me from a comic/toy store. They dont deal in kubricks normally so someone probably traded it in.

Wow, that's a nice find to grab from someone who doesn't normally carry them.  Congrats!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2010, 05:01 AM »
Got the Rebo Band set today in Tokyo. I wasn't really even looking for it, but I've wanted one for a long time and with the Jabba wave coming up I really wanted to get my hands on one. It was the equivalent of $150, which seemed reasonably good considering how much it's been going for these days, so I jumped on it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 31, 2010, 03:08 PM »
I picked up a Saesee Tiin off Ebay today for $77 ($70 total after Ebay and Bing rebates).  Only problem is that he doesn't come with his lightsaber.   :-\  Does anyone who has one of these have a reference for how similar his saber might be to others?  I think it's green, so I'm wondering if Grievous or Jedi Luke or Qui Gon have sabers that are fairly similar.  I couldn't find a good reference pic on the interweb, but I rarely see this figure offered up anywhere and decided to jump on it while I could.

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 31, 2010, 03:53 PM »
thats weird i've just grabbed a sasee tinn off ebay for that much without a lightsaber, won it on the bidding war this afternoon... coincidence?!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2010, 05:02 PM »
Not to freak you guys out, but I'd be wondering about these being real or not.  Sounds like castoff figures maybe without their accessories?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Does anyone who has one of these have a reference for how similar his saber might be to others? 

DSJ has a very good picture of it in the Seris 8 thread, so I copied it here:

My Saesee Tiin arrive today, that completes Series 8 for me.  8)

As you can tell, there isn't another lightsaber that I'm aware of from the other series that has a hilt that is all black and that long.  You might be able to get away with painting the green Grievous saber hilt black, but I doubt the hilt will be long enough to pass as the real thing.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2010, 05:11 PM »
thats weird i've just grabbed a sasee tinn off ebay for that much without a lightsaber, won it on the bidding war this afternoon... coincidence?!

No coincidence - I outbid you in the final seconds just before you outbid me.  Sorry about that as it just worked out to you paying a few bucks more.   :-\  The same guy emailed me with a second chance offer Buy-It-Now price of $65 + $12 shipping.  That actually worked better for me, because BIN deals quailify for the Bing discount of 8%.   ;D  Kudos to you on getting one as well!

Not to freak you guys out, but I'd be wondering about these being real or not.  Sounds like castoff figures maybe without their accessories?

You mean factory rejects?  I hope not, but I bought with Paypal, so should be protected if it turns out to be a crap item.  The guy has 1100+  Ebay feedback and sells a ton of Medicom stuff, so hopefully the figs are in good shape.  I'm bummed about the missing lightsaber, but when am I going to have a shot at Saesee Tiin for $70 shipped?  Besides, Dale dared me to finish off my missing Kubes by the end of the year and I've only got about ten more to go.   ;)