Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 299368 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #855 on: April 8, 2013, 10:01 AM »
I'm not aware (or if I was, I forgot) of the dirty/clean legs speeder bike. Can someone post pictures or point me towards them. I'm curious.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 9, 2013, 01:38 AM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 10, 2013, 08:00 AM »
I'm not aware (or if I was, I forgot) of the dirty/clean legs speeder bike.

I think the difference you are looking for Brent is that the Series 7 Biker Scout has clean legs and the speederbike set Biker Scout has the dirty legs.  I don't remember there being a clean legs speedbike set scout.  But I could be wrong...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 10, 2013, 08:38 AM »
The rest of the armor on the Speederbike Scout also appears to have some battle wear, versus the ultra clean basic figure.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2013, 08:00 AM »
just picked up

Carded Solo Carbonite
Carded Silver Darth Vader
Carded C3 PO Removable limbs
Carded Holo Darth Maul
Carded Obi Wan Gray Hair
Chase Indiana Jones
Jabbas Backdrop

all fro 420.00. I think thats not too bad.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2013, 02:31 PM »
That seems like a pretty nice deal to me- way to go!

The rest of the armor on the Speederbike Scout also appears to have some battle wear, versus the ultra clean basic figure.

There is a green tinted spot or wash on nearly all the white armor pieces- faint on the chest, helmet, back and shoulders. Darker by the wrists and codpiece. The kneescaps even have brown painted streaks. The shoes look muddy, but of course they didn't do it to the holster so it is bright white against the brownish leg.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17 AM »
Picked up some more carded figures. Chewbacca, obi wan, han solo. Finally opened some of the box sets, so 501st and hooded maul are finally out.  It is sad looking through the old threads and seeing how long it has been since series dx4- more than a year....

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 19, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Nice grabs  Dan.  Are they much cheaper now or still holding their value?  If you ever come across another Dirty Biker please keep me in mind!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 19, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Nice grabs  Dan.  Are they much cheaper now or still holding their value?  If you ever come across another Dirty Biker please keep me in mind!

The carded figures ran $30-35 each shipped, so I think they have been dropping some (although there aren't alot of opportunities to get them).

While I think the chances of Medicom making a carded Death Sqaud commander are about zero, they are so close to having the original 12 carded I wanted to have the others just in case. All they need to do is DSC and a regular leia. While some aren't the SW card (C-3PO, and I like the vintage-esque Vader even if he is on the ESB card), it is a good looking group of figures.

I would prefer to see the dx3 tusken on the card instead of the series 2 verson, but I can live with it.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 3, 2013, 10:34 AM »
I picked up a BXH 400% Boba Fett for $29.99. No gun, but everyone needs another Fett at that price!

No Justin, I will not divulge where i found it....  >:D

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 3, 2013, 11:44 AM »
my secret SWDX S04 imperial officer arrived today minus the box and bonus part

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 3, 2013, 01:58 PM »
I picked up a BXH 400% Boba Fett for $29.99. No gun, but everyone needs another Fett at that price!

No Justin, I will not divulge where i found it....  >:D

Boooo.  No room for 400% Kubes in my collection anyway.   ;)

Still jealous of that Biker Scout score - I can't find the dirty speeder version anywhere.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 7, 2013, 12:03 PM »
Hey everyone. Haven't posted in a while, but I've been checking in and keeping tabs on Medicom's latest offerings. Pretty disappointing stuff, although if you're a carded collector I guess they're not too shabby. Hopefully they're just trying to keep the ball rolling until they're able to do a new wave of kubs...Maybe to coincide with the release of Episode 7??

I won an auction for the DX1 Boba Fett ROTJ chase, which was pretty much the last tough to get chase I needed...my collection is almost complete! **Emperor laugh**
« Last Edit: July 7, 2013, 12:05 PM by MikeT »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 7, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Nice score Mike!  It feels good to knock off some of those last few chases.  I'm just trying to track down a Biker Scout with with Speeder and then I'm done (pending anything new of course).

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 8, 2013, 09:06 PM »
There's a bit of a theme happening here in the last few posts, I just BIN'ed the Limited Edition 2007 Box Set for $200 USD. Of course it had to happen right after the Aussie dollar takes a slide.

It's been that holy grail piece for a while and with there not being any other kubrick action I can afford to splash out $200. The 2008 and 2009 box sets have been going for some 'reasonable' prices comparative to what they used to sell for.

One small problem this purchase has created is I already own the Droids C-3PO and A-Wing Pilot that I purchased loose back in the day for about $40 each. I'm not in any hurry to get rid of them but if someone wants them let me know.

Apart from a few uber rare and expensive chases that I'll never own I think that's it for Star Wars kubricks.   
« Last Edit: July 8, 2013, 09:32 PM by space monkey »