Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 299283 times)

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2008, 03:29 AM »
thats what i thought with the price, but for some reason nobody wanted it.... so i'm one happy bunny as you can imagine!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2008, 10:33 PM »
My Zam came in the mail today.

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 2, 2008, 03:23 AM »
just won the two speeder bike sets off ebay.... although payed less for the luke and leia one at i think $96... hmmm prices at the minute seem all over the place!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #258 on: September 2, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Got my TC-14 today...  8)

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 2, 2008, 11:40 PM »
Very nice Jayson.  Any issues with the figure since you bought it loose?  I know that some of us have had some issues with some of the loose collector's club figures in the past.  Just wanted to know if you are seeing the same with the figure you bought.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 3, 2008, 12:07 AM »
just won the two speeder bike sets off ebay.... although payed less for the luke and leia one at i think $96... hmmm prices at the minute seem all over the place!

I think the prices you paid are great, being a holiday weekend could have been a factor as in not many people being around during the auction end. Congrats.  :)

TC-14 looks great Jayson, nice addition.  :)

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 3, 2008, 05:20 AM »
I finally get the time to register for this kubrick forum and tell you my recent kurbrick purchase I have made. Or should I say a disaster

Got and paid $105.00 for a Carded Blue Uzay on ebay and this is how I got it

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 3, 2008, 05:34 AM »
Welcome to JD kaysui0248.  :)

Oh my, not good at all.  :-\

I looked at the auction you won, a little eBay research.  ;)  You should be able to get the funds back through Paypal. Did you take the insurance? If not it, it still not as shown in the auction. Did you send the seller an e-mail on this matter? Was the Blue Stars shipped in a box or an envelope? Sure one heck of a card crease.  :-\

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 3, 2008, 06:05 AM »
Hi there DSJ. Have contacted the ebay seller and filed a paypal claim. His/her reply back was "I feel so sorry to hear that. I will not take responsible for item damage Unless the extra insurance fee is paid.you didn't pay for insurance fee and you naver asked me about the insurance fee.so i cannot refund you. you should ask to the postman". Ok fair enough I did not ask and pay for that little bit of extra insurance

But turns out on the postage label the amount paid was 3,400 Korean Won (which is a bout $3.00 USD on xe.com). Seller charged me $16.00 USD for shipping to the UK and this is how it arrived. A paper envelope used and 2 bits of bubble wrap, wrapped round carded  kubrick

Front & back view of envelope and when I opened it

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #264 on: September 3, 2008, 06:25 AM »
Very nice Jayson.  Any issues with the figure since you bought it loose?  I know that some of us have had some issues with some of the loose collector's club figures in the past.  Just wanted to know if you are seeing the same with the figure you bought.

No issues. I was a little apprehensive at first but I question him of a few other loose figures from the set, like did they include there accessories and what not, and things seemed to check out. I paid under $40 for  it with a few bucks in shipping so I think I did alright. Of course this means I have to try and track down the others  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 3, 2008, 06:35 AM »
Holy crap! That is what I feared, a bubble envelope.  ::)

Should have been sent in a box, to many horror stories of cared figures sent in an envelope. I have see the results on vintage SW figures and it's not pretty.  :'(

Registered air mail with signature, it may have cost that much. Sometimes the label is the cost but being registered & with signature would be above that and not show on the postage label.

Even without insurance, it's still his own damn fault IMHO that it got damaged sending it like that. Hopefully Paypal will come thru.

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 3, 2008, 07:55 AM »
"Holy crap! That is what I feared, a bubble envelope."

DSJ just for your info no way was a bubble envelope used. Like I said before just a standard paper envelope with some bubble wrap for carded figure. I know, I can't believe what some people do, just to cut overheads. I understand the the world economy is not that great with all the words about credit crunch!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: September 3, 2008, 12:01 PM »
What was the seller's eBay name?  I'd like to know so I can avoid that guy in the future if that is how he ships stuff...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 3, 2008, 01:41 PM »

Was called qpdjqmflr01 but changed his/her name to nenwet01. Profile says a registered New Zealand ebayer but when I got my busted-up blue uzay carded kubrick it was sent from Korea

Jeff, "I'd like to know so I can avoid that guy in the future if that is how he ships stuff..." it could be a one off but still bloody hell what a way to send it!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 3, 2008, 04:10 PM »
You can block a bidder/seller with this link.

Managing Bidders and Buyers (Block Buyers or Cancel Bids)

kaysui0248, when you used Paypal were the funds in your account or drawn from your bank? If you paid via credit card you can bypass Paypal & call your credit card company and request a charge back. CC companys over rule Paypal.  ;D