Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300396 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #570 on: December 31, 2009, 01:18 PM »
Received my Luke/Leia Speederbike Set and 2008 Medicom Collector's Boxed Set.  That wraps up all the Medicom Boxed Sets for me.  I wasn't sure I'd ever track all of those sets down.

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!  Those are some nice acquisitions.  Did you land them off Ebay?

Nope, like you, I got them from forum member bigj22's for sale thread!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 4, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Had my 3PO/R2 Kubrick and Vader/Stormie Be@rbrick sets delivered today.  Also picked up an extra Series 4 Emperor.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 5, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Had my 3PO/R2 Kubrick and Vader/Stormie Be@rbrick sets delivered today.  Also picked up an extra Series 4 Emperor.

Are you going to use the Emperor for a custom or just going to display a second one differently?

I've been looking at the Bearbricks hear and there, but honestly I don't see the appeal on those guys. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 5, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Are you going to use the Emperor for a custom or just going to display a second one differently?

I have two already; one displayed with the cane and the other displayed with the lightning in his hands.  I was planning on using this one strictly for the lightning.  I've wanted to have a Series 9 Dooku with lightning since it was released.  If you need the figure, let me know...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 5, 2010, 12:21 PM »

I have two already; one displayed with the cane and the other displayed with the lightning in his hands.  I was planning on using this one strictly for the lightning.  I've wanted to have a Series 9 Dooku with lightning since it was released.  If you need the figure, let me know...

Thanks for the offer, but I'm strapped for space as it is.  I redid my display over the weekend and used up every single box (and still haven't unpacked the Rebo band).   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 5, 2010, 04:20 PM »
My 3PO and R2 finally arrived. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51 PM »
Picked up the Jango/Boba 2-pack from forum member bigj22 and the J-slot Boba Fett chase figure from ebay.  Down to 1 box set and 5 chase figures to complete my collection...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Picked up the Jango/Boba 2-pack from forum member bigj22 and the J-slot Boba Fett chase figure from ebay.  Down to 1 box set and 5 chase figures to complete my collection...

Yakface?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Yakface?

That's one of them.  I also need the vinyl Jawa, blue coat Snaggletooth, old Anakin and Tion Medon.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I have a Yak  :-X

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Two new additions to the collection today:

Jorg Sacul; and
Black Pauldron Sandtrooper.

Two steps closer to completing my collection!!!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Two new additions to the collection today:

Jorg Sacul; and
Black Pauldron Sandtrooper.

Two steps closer to completing my collection!!!

Nice score on Sacul!  I have been eyeing that one, but haven't found it for a price I like yet.  Did you get it off the Bay?

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Nope. I bought them off bigj22.

If you are looking for a loose Sacul he just put one up on ebay at a very good price. I'd be surprised if it lasted long. I was torn between the loose and the carded as I will ultimately be opening the figure. Decided to go for the carded in the end as I tought it a steal at $200.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Thanks for the tip!  I picked up the loose Sacul and Jar Jar as well.  I would have bought them off Ebay had I known they would be that low!  Jar Jar is one I had been avoiding, but I have all of the other "common chases," so it's really nice to check that off the list.  I figured Sacul would be one of the last ones I'd add to my collection, so great to find him as well.   ;D

By the way, I already bought a big batch of figs from Jerry and they were in great shape.  Don't hesitate to buy from him if you need any of the goodies he has up for sale!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:32 PM by JediJman »

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Glad to help.

I have another batch of stuff coming from Jerry also. Once that arrives I'm very close to completing my collection. All I'm missing is Series 9, the Sith speeder, the Jango/Boba 2 pack and Saesee Tiin (which seems to be one of the most elusive figures).

I hope to be up to date by the time the Deluxe wave comes out.