Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300162 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #675 on: June 10, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Well, if you change your mind again or want to make a few bucks, I'd be interested in some of what you picked up.  Nice score!

By the way, how long does it take to get registered at KN?  I submitted a request several days ago and STILL have not had my registration go through.  I might be interested in the Lost figures that guy has up for sale if anyone can PM him on my behalf. 

In related news, I broke down during the drought and bought 3 Lost Kubes.  I found an auction for Jack, Sayid, and Kate for $20 shipped, so I cracked.   ::)  Got them today though and they are amazing.  I didn't realize they came with cool little accessories (Gun, Walkie Talkie, and Hand-cuffs respectively). 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 11, 2010, 02:41 AM »
Another Blue Snag!  Did you get him off the Bay?

I did and for a price I was happy with although slightly more than I would like to have paid.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 13, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Just picked up the carded Parco Sandtrooper this afternoon.  I think I got a steal too at $77 shipped.  I'm just hoping it comes in as good a shape as it looks on-line...

BTW, for anyone still looking for the Medicom Collector's Club 5-pack that has the Snowtrooper, Droids 3PO, etc., the same seller I bought this figure off of has a set with a BIN of $75.  Also seems like a steal for those figures...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 13, 2010, 08:44 PM »
pmd u for the info to buy that set.

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 13, 2010, 09:19 PM »
nevermind, I found it under completed auctions. wow someone got a screaming deal.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 30, 2010, 04:26 PM »
SCORE!  I picked up a few full sets on Ebay recently and they arrived in the mail yesterday.  I spent a little over $400, but landed the full set of 9 from waves 3 and 5.  I have most of these, but the group buy nets me:
- VC Jawa,
- Blue Snaggletooth,
- Ponda Baba.

I also have two full basic sets & common chases to recoup some of my money along with a really nice looking Logray.  Only about 9 more Kubes to go (excluding deluxe of course  :-\).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 30, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Congratulations Justin!  I was watching that Series 3 auction and had the same intention as you (buy the set for the one figure I needed).  Glad I didn't get into a bidding war with you, and the price you paid for that Series with the 3 chases was really good.  Good luck with the additional sales...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 1, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Picked up the Series 10 Tion Medon chase figure from someone over at KN.  Just down to the Series 3 Jawa (DLX1 chases aside).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 1, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Congratulations Justin!  I was watching that Series 3 auction and had the same intention as you (buy the set for the one figure I needed).  Glad I didn't get into a bidding war with you, and the price you paid for that Series with the 3 chases was really good.  Good luck with the additional sales...

Actually, I wasn't going to be around, so I put in $205 about 4 hours beforehand.  I was shocked to get back later that night and find that I won it!  Very glad you decided not to bid as well.   ;)

Nice score on the Tion - that is one I still need as well.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 6, 2010, 12:50 PM »
Picked up my first 400% Boba Fett over the weekend (ROTJ gauntlets).  Paid a lot less than I thought I was going to ever pay for one of these figures.  Two more to go...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 15, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Picked up x5 Hasbro Scouts and x1 Brick Scout at our MN meeting last night.....Really diggin the Kubrick version over Hasbros for some reason.  Lando and Spirt Obi didn't really do anything for me, but this?  Very neat.  Sure hope I don't get sucked into these things.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 15, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Picked up x5 Hasbro Scouts and x1 Brick Scout at our MN meeting last night.....Really diggin the Kubrick version over Hasbros for some reason.  Lando and Spirt Obi didn't really do anything for me, but this?  Very neat.  Sure hope I don't get sucked into these things.   :-\

I've got lots of extras Mike - get 'em before they're gone!

Speaking of which, anyone need a Logray?  I have a spare Logray (legit), along with complete 7pc sets of Series 3 (includes Carbonite Han Chase) and Series 5 (includes Han Endor Chase).  Any interested parties can shoot me a PM, otherwise I'll start posting offers elsewhere or resort to the Bay.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 17, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Got my Star Wars Deluxe Wave 1 Box this week.  Definitely liking Bib and Amanaman, but wish that they had blasters or staffs included.   :-\  The rest of the figures are cool, but not overly exciting if you already have alternate versions.  I was happy to see that Chewie is not a straight repaint of prior releases.  Jabba is very cool and a definite must have.

Speaking of must haves, I completed my LOST Kubrick collection recently.  If you are a fan of LOST & Kubricks, you need these.  I was on the fence about them for a long time, but they are really amazing likenesses of the figures and extremely well done.  Take a lookskie:

Desmond and Ben are the rare chases - I nabbed Des and 4 others for $120 on KN, picked up the other three via Ebay for about $20.  I'm okay excluding Ben from the rest of the castaways, though I might grab him someday if I can find him on the cheap.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:39 PM by JediJman »

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #688 on: July 18, 2010, 03:37 AM »
Cool stuff. Don't you have R2's tray on backwards?

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 18, 2010, 01:16 PM »
I ended up buying the chase Bib and Boba Fett for DX series 1. I paid a little more than I wanted to but got them out of the way. I would like to get the diorama someday but not willing to pay more than $40. I also ordered some extra older Kubricks to put up in my office. I got a Pilot Luke, Ackbar, TIE pilot, and Iceman Kubricks on the way.