Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 299284 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #900 on: March 11, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Gotta love the Yak-face. I'm still hoping there is something left in the kubrick bucket at medicom- someday...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 29, 2014, 09:53 AM »
picked up a sealed box of dx4 at bbts for $151. Just felt like opening up some kubricks, and who knows, maybe there will be a chase?

I saw a vinyl jawa on the bay with a BIN of $100, and he is open to offers. If anyone is thinking of filling that gap, it isn't a bad price range-

I confess I've been going back through the kubrick threads reminiscing. It probably led to the box purchase.  :-\

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 21, 2015, 10:45 PM »
Over the weekend I picked up a few ebay scores.

I had an old ebay 'followed search' for R-3PO and one popped up for £6.99 + shipping. I've already got one from DX 2 but because it is a 1:12 I though why not, it's pretty cheap and it's one of my favourite kubricks.

I looked to see what else the seller had in the way of kubricks to combine shipping and they also had both A and B Cantina band members with instruments as a pair for £9.99 and the white pauldron sandtrooper chase from the same series for £7.99. I never made these particular kubricks my priority in the past because they can get a little bit pricey and are a bit harder to come by but at this price I pounced.

In USD terms:

R-3PO = $11.10
Sandtrooper = $12.70
Cantina Band = $15.90

Plus about £8 shipping. They seller is a UK comic dealer and may not normally deal in kubricks and hence not know prices and rarity.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:46 PM by space monkey »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00 PM »
That or the market price is dropping after several years with nothing new and waning collector interest. 

Either way, nice scores on some of the harder to find figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tubbysota

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 26, 2016, 02:52 PM »
After not having bought a Kubrick in years, I've been on a bit of a spree lately.  Some of the guys on here helped me get some of my stuff back in the day, so I figured I would update.  Acquired all of the commons for series 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 in the past couple of months, as well as Aurra Sing, Yak Face, Blue Snaggle Tooth, Shaak Tii & Old Anakin.  That brings me up to a complete set of commons for series 1-10, along with those chases.  Will now be chasing down the secrets and eventually move into the DX lines and other boxsets.  It has been a slow burn, but the bottoming out of price on these has helped expedite the process.  Now just for the even less available ones.  Ha.  Cheers!

Also, a big thanks to Spookedhippie for some recent deals that enabled me to move along with the collection.  It was much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:20 PM by tubbysota »

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 1, 2016, 03:06 AM »
wow, great job. I'm still missing Aurra Sing

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 18, 2016, 08:56 AM »
Met up with a friend who had just returned to the States after a three month rotation in Japan for his job.  While he was there I asked if he could find some of the remaining 'bricks I needed.  Although he wasn't able to find the ones I was looking for, he did manage to find the Medicom store so he bought me what they had in stock - General Grievous, Darth Vader, DX Luke, the Boba Fett Collection figures and the carded Emperor's Royal Guard.  No chase figures to report (didn't think there would be), but pretty cool to open up some Kubricks again!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #907 on: April 18, 2016, 10:03 AM »
pretty cool to open up some Kubricks again!

Your post just reminds me how bummed I am that we didn't get a TFA series.  Would have been so perfect: Basic 6 = Finn, Rey, Poe, BB-8, FO Stormie, Kylo; Chases = Han (Rey box) and 'Ben' (Kylo Box); Super-Rare Chase = Phasma (FO Stormie box)

*sigh*  :(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:05 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 18, 2016, 10:05 AM »
You'd probably swap Phasma with an Stormtrooper with Phasma being a chase.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #909 on: April 18, 2016, 10:12 AM »
You'd probably swap Phasma with an Stormtrooper with Phasma being a chase.

You must have been posting while I was editing my post. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Just shows great minds think alike.  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 18, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Just shows great minds think alike.  ;)

And so do you two!  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 18, 2016, 08:59 PM »

Your post just reminds me how bummed I am that we didn't get a TFA series.  Would have been so perfect: Basic 6 = Finn, Rey, Poe, BB-8, FO Stormie, Kylo; Chases = Han (Rey box) and 'Ben' (Kylo Box); Super-Rare Chase = Phasma (FO Stormie box)

*sigh*  :(

My son was sitting at our island this morning looking at the Boba Fett figures and he said, 'Dad, why didn't they make any TFA figures?  It would be really cool to have a Kylo Ren!'

Do you hear that Medicom, my 11 year old wants a Kylo Ren figure (and maybe his father too)!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 18, 2016, 10:22 PM »
Maybe?!  ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #914 on: April 19, 2016, 12:33 AM »
Your post just reminds me how bummed I am that we didn't get a TFA series. 

Or Clone Wars or Rebels :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Would have been so perfect: Basic 6 = Finn, Rey, Poe, BB-8, FO Stormie, Kylo; Chases = Han (Rey box) and 'Ben' (Kylo Box); Super-Rare Chase = Phasma (FO Stormie box)

God, I want this

also FN-2187 (Finn box), Snowtrooper (FO stormie box), C-3PO (BB-8 box), Poe in Resistance Outfit (Poe box)

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:37 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird