Author Topic: Harry Potter Figures  (Read 7516 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Harry Potter Figures
« on: January 9, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Just happened to see some pics over at TNI of a couple of HP figures coming out this year from a company called Cards, Inc.  Apparently they are the group master toy licensee for the Harry Potter property throughout all of Europe.  There are pics of the Harry and Dumbledore figures HERE, if anyone is interested.  I don't know if these are available here as well, or if another company is producing them, or even if anything is being produced.  I'm not overly familiar with past lines, but I thought that Mattel used to do a toy line for HP, but there wasn't anything out for the last movie (at least as far as I was aware of).  Perhaps NECA or someone does a line/lines, and I'm not familiar with it.  Anyways, just thought I would pass it along.  I was surprised there wasn't a mass market line at retail for the HP movies, it seems like it would be pretty popular with kids and maybe even collectors.  Maybe the Mattel line(s) tanked though.  I really like the books and movies, but my wife would not be pleased if I was collecting "toys" from them :).  Just thought I'd pass the link along, and see what everyone has heard regarding action figures for these movies.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter Figures
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2007, 11:34 AM »
NECA announced a few months back that they have obtained the license for the HP movies. After seeing these Cards INC figures, i'm guessing the license is only good here in the US. These figures are pretty good (I like what they did with Harry) but i'm curious to see what NECA has up their sleeves...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2007, 01:04 PM »
I like the figures, very close to the actual actors, but I would like to see the first Dumbledore.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Thanks for the info Madcow.  I actually read yesterday that the first previews of NECA's Harry Potter stuff was supposed to be in the latest ToyFare (released yesterday I believe).  I've also read hints that they might be making a 3 3/4" line, although I'm not sure if that is true or not.  I haven't seen the pics released online yet though (of NECA's stuff).

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:47 AM »
NECA series 1 as revealed in Diamond Previews:

Harry Potter (Tri-Wizard Cup Uniform)
Dark Lord Voldemort
Dementor
Death Eater #1 (Normal)
Death Eater #2 (Skull Face)

They're up for pre-order at EE:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC49100AA
"Harry Potter Action Figure Set. Can't attend the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Settle for these Action Figures instead! From the series of wizardry and magic comes the line of 7-inch tall Harry Potter Action Figures! The set of 5 pieces includes the following figures: 1x Harry Potter, 1x Voldemort, 1x Dementor, 1x Death Eater (Version 1), and 1x Death Eater (Version 2) (Styles subject to change)."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:28 PM »
The first wave from NECA can be seen in the new issue of ToyFare.  It looks really cool!  The Death Eaters look awesome, and it seems like finally someone has made a good likeness of Harry in action figure form.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:52 AM »
The ToyFare picsof NECA's figures are online now as well, if anyone is interested.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 02:37 AM »
NECA is releasing figures from the current Harry Potter movies. They look awesome.

Check it out here
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:38 AM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Hopefully they aren't too expensive, I may get all of them! But if anything I so want the Death Eaters!! They look awesome!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Nicely detailed figures. Hope they catch on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 10:22 AM »
I was just reading this article covering the UK Toy Fair and the UK's Cards Inc. line of Harry Potter toys coming up this year.  Although we won't have them here in the states, and I certainly don't need something else to collect anyways, the line itself sounds pretty cool.  Details in the article if interested, but there is mention of a large "Great Hall" playset, as well as smaller playsets of the Gryffindor common room and the Room of Remembrance.  Apparnetly these can be combined, and over the life of the line, you'll be able to "build" Hogwarts.  Something we've always hoped for in the SW line.  Sounds like it could be pretty cool, if it all works out.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 12:51 AM »
The Harry Potter figures NECA will be putting out are freakin' *incredible*.  They had packaged versions of the first series (Harry, Death Eaters, Dementor and Voldemort) as well as 2-up prototypes of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Sirius (all from Order of the Phoenix) as well as Snape, Hagrid and some other oddball dude that looks like he has a unicycle shoved up his pie hole.  :)  One thing I'm really looking forward to is the Riddell Grave site...its base attaches to Harry's and Voldemort's bases in order to make a diorama.  Pretty nice.

Some of the pics turned out lousy (as was typical thanks to my shoddy camera), but here's what I got:

http://toytraderz.com/eventgallery/v/toyfair2007/neca/

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 10:27 AM »
I was just reading through a newsletter from BigBadToyStore, and I guess I didn't realize that NECA is also going to be releasing their Harry Potter figures in the 3 3/4" Scale.  Like I've said before, I don't need something else to collect, but it would be kind of neat to have a collection of these in that scale.  Oh well, there's enough stuff coming out this year the way it is :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 02:49 PM »
TheGD.com has some pics up previewing more of the Harry Potter 3 3/4" line coming from Cards, Inc.  These look pretty cool, but from what I understand that they are U.K. only.  Probably just as well, because if they were released here, I might have trouble not picking up at least a few of them.  Not necessarily sculpting on NECA's quality, but they look good and are more toys than statues.

Edit: You can also see the pics at Cards Inc.'s Official Site.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:52 PM by Brian »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 02:52 PM »
They're certainly a bit more posable, but I think the NECA sculpts are much better by far.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback