Author Topic: Kubricks: Wishes and Wet Dreams  (Read 26252 times)

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Kubricks: Wishes and Wet Dreams
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03 PM »
after seing what lego did for the clone wars i'd love to get some kub versions

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 10:30 PM »
Sorry to say, but I'm basically down to OT or Droids stuff now I think.  Clone wars I'll pass on and same would go for any prequel stuff beyond series 10.  A Droids box set I'd love to see.  I'd also love to see them re-release the snowtrooper in a series, but they sure are nasty about that sort of stuff.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37 PM »
I think I'd be down for a Clone Wars series.  :)

Depending on how the S10 chases shake out, there could be some good figures left for a CW series - Ahsoka, Clone Armor Obi-Wan, Rex, Cody, Asajj, Plo Koon, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 12:18 AM »
How about this...  a 400% rancor with a 100% Malakili set. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 03:34 AM »
Still would like to see the Jabba the Hutt box set & a cartoony Droids series box set.  ;D

Where's my Vlix dammit!  >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 08:27 AM »
How about this...  a 400% rancor with a 100% Malakili set. :)

Yes!

Still would like to see the Jabba the Hutt box set & a cartoony Droids series box set.  ;D

Where's my Vlix dammit!  >:(

AND yes!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 11:58 AM »
I would like to be able to find Kubricks in the States or even have a fair shot online at exclusives without the astounding ebay markup. I'd pay a little mark up but not the kind that goes on for a 5 box set now adays.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 12:09 PM »
I would like to be able to find Kubricks in the States or even have a fair shot online at exclusives without the astounding ebay markup. I'd pay a little mark up but not the kind that goes on for a 5 box set now adays.

Amen to that!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 03:41 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way but wouldn't that pretty much kill the interest in these then? Part of the fun is that not everyone has these because they are a relatively small market product.  Lego or Hasbro quite easily fill the North American market niche for these at mass retail pricing, so why would Tomy bother?  They seem disinterested in that level of production and frankly I'm ok with it.  Yes, I've had some good luck, but I've bought a lot of stuff off ebay as well. 

The Rancor/Malikili set would be great, as would a Jabba palace box set.  I'd assumed Vlix would be in the Droids boxed set I asked for. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 10:06 PM »
With the Clone Wars series about to go into full swing, I wonder if the next Kuby series might be of that theme. Any one else interested in a CW line of 'bricks?

I'd be all over this depending on who they make.  I've avoided most of the prequel stuff, but the Clone Wars could be really cool.  I'd love to see a wave something like this:

- Anakin
 - ARC Trooper
 - Ahsoka
 - General Obi-Wan in Clone Armor
 - Durge
 - Ventress
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Whats on your most wanted list
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 09:39 PM »
Hello
I have been a long time lurker in the Kubrick's section on the JD forums, its the best place I have found for info on the little guys in north America. I try to collect only the OT figures. I have some carded figs, and most boxes. I thought it might be fun to start a thread to see what holes collectors are looking to fill in their collections.

My most wanted are

Logray
VC Jawa
Indiana
Tarkin
Imperial commander
2007 box set

And I am super stoked for the first deluxe series
 :D

« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 07:31 PM by gravetrooper »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Re: Whats on your most wanted list
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Hey GT!

Welcome to the forums and the unofficial site of the most obsessive Kubrick fans around!  What has been the primary source of your collection?  Do you have connections overseas or are you just picking up what you can on Ebay?  Be sure to share some pics with us if you can.

As for the Kubie's Most Wanted List, mine would include several of the ones you listed.  I've been lucky with a few chases, but the ones I'd most like to track down at this point are General Veers, Zam Wessel, and Yakface.  For unproduced Kubies, my top five would probably consist of these guys:

1.) Hammerhead
2.) Hoth Rebel Soldier
3.) Kit Fisto
4.) Weequay Skiff Guard
5.) Durge

Maybe Ree-Yees as an alternate as well as long as I'm making a wish list.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 3, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Hi Jman

Sorry to say that I have got all of my Kubrick items of eBay. I don't have any special connections to help get the little buggers over to North America any easeyer. As for pics they would just be of a few card board boxes. I am in the middle of a major home reno at the moment. I will have a display of my stuff in the down stairs movie room, but that will be the last project at the end of the reno.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 02:20 PM »
After seeing the new Lego Wampa, I really would like one of these in the Kubrick line as a chase or as a buildable figure through the new deluxe line.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:21 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 03:42 PM »
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'd love to see a Clone Wars wave.  They could do something amazing with characters like Cad Bane or Ahsoka.  Even a clone ARC trooper Kubie would be pretty sweet.