Author Topic: 24  (Read 72521 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11 AM »
My problem with the Chinese supposedly killing Audrey, the fact that they still have her, and Palmer in the next ep saying to Jack he can't afford an international incident with the Chinese is that it already is an international incident. It's not like Audrey is an ordinary citizen. She worked for her dad who was Sec of Defense. IIRC, her daddy is still alive but no where to be found in all this. Not unless the gov't wrote her off as going rogue when she left to find Jack. I guess we'll find out next week how the writers work this out...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Audrey can't be "the price."  Audrey "died" long enough ago for it to be public knowledge (his sister-in-law was the one who told Jack, no?), and long enough for autopsy photos to make it back to the USA.  Weren't there newspaper clippings as well?  The terrorist activity had only been going on a short time when the show started.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Audrey can't be "the price."  Audrey "died" long enough ago for it to be public knowledge (his sister-in-law was the one who told Jack, no?), and long enough for autopsy photos to make it back to the USA.  Weren't there newspaper clippings as well?  The terrorist activity had only been going on a short time when the show started.

I think Chloe said it was 2 months before the start of this day.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Ok, last night's episode was FREAKING AWESOME.  Best episode this season, and one of the best any any season I think.  It did so much for Day 6.  Just what 24 is known for... I didn't see the turn of events coming at all. 

Thank you Jack Bauer for making my week.

:P

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2007, 06:55 PM »
I gotta agree, last night's episode was fantastic!! Wowey wow wow.

The whole bluff by the President was fantastic. I just gained a whole new respect for the man, especially his willingness to sacrifice himself till the situation is resolved! I mean he knows is Daniel's in charge, all hell will break loose!!

efranks, I was like no ******* way when their truck got hit, but when Jack and Doyle were downed, I knew something was up! What a masterful plan by CTU, too bad the General tipped them off, hopefully he gets what's coming to him!!

Jack is a one man killing machine, no backup, no hopes of backup, but he knew what had to be done!! Taking out the guards one napped neck at a time, and then one bullet at a time, leaving him one on one with the mastermind!! That hit with the wrench definitely made me flinch, ouch!

And finally, Audrey Raines is back, and the final season takes a whole new direction, almost like a new season!! I can't wait for Jack to unleash hell on the Chinese!!

On a side note, what's up with Milo, me thinks he is a controlling person, and will end up hitting Nadia! Oh and speaking of Naida, way to go on catching the General's warning, too bad it didn't help the agents!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2007, 02:00 AM »
What do you think the Chinese want Jack to do?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2007, 04:32 PM »
In the preview, they want some component....I can only guess it's some part of the two suitcase nukes.

I do have to give the show some credit...they gave Jack about 15 seconds to relax...the most in just about any season, except for season 1 where he ate something.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Another WOW episode! Kind of see-sawish.

-Jack's gone rogue again. I like that he told Doyle that he had a hard decision to kill his friend (Curtis) earlier in the day because C got in the way of Jack's job and would hesitate to do it to him.

-Palmer collapsing during the address was predictable, especially since VP Daniels was just going to serve his resignation notice.

Well, there's 7 more episodes left, I wonder what else is going to happen with rescuing Audrey... maybe Jack goes after Papa Bauer, too?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2007, 11:36 PM »
AWESOME.  I really didn't think that Palmer would have another "episode" again, but he did.  The only cheesy thing was that it was on live TV. 

Bauer.... wow.  Chloe... wow.

Can't wait for next week.  Kick ass. 

24 is BACK.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 2, 2007, 05:57 PM »
I thought this week's episode was pretty good.  I'm looking forward to seeing Jack get out of CTU soon and going after Cheng Zhi... and I'm waiting for Jack's dad to emerge back into this season.

VP Daniels is really turning into one hell of a character on the show, I'm glad he's in the spotlight right now.  His scenes are just awesome... Powers Booth has such a commanding presence on the screen... I'm going to have to watch Tombstone again soon.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 2, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Yep, good episode.

Can't believe Heller told Jack to stay away from Audrey... she isn't 15. Chloe is all heartbroke now that Morris told her it was over.  :'( Hopefully Morris sticks around. I like his character.

I'm kind of shocked that there hasn't been any mention of ex-Pres. Logan's death/murder by the media, VP Daniels, Pres. Palmer... whoever. Yes, there is terrorist acts going on, but the death of a president is big news!!

I also think that Jack's dad will have to come back around... I mean he's a bad guy, killed his own son, betrayed Jack and was in on killing all Jack's friends. His time is coming due!!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #176 on: May 7, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Poor Milo, we hardly knew ye
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Yeah, I'll bet Buchannan won't be so pissed that his wife fired him now.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #178 on: May 8, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Hmmm.. Bill lets Fayed loose, and is "conveniently" fired during the siege on CTU. Bill Buchanan's the mole!!!

;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Lamest ending ever!!

Everything was good until Jack hit Sec. Heller's place...that just totally brought everything way down.. Audrey is a veggiee...big deal.  It kinda looked like Jack was going to jump over the cliff - and I'm kinda wishing he did after the piss poor way they ended this series.

One thing I really liked though was the split screen with Jack & his father - It kinda looked like they felt each other's presense as in Jedi.

It's pretty obvious that the Chineese will be back for the next day though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN