Author Topic: 24  (Read 72863 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2010, 05:59 PM »
So....What, there's 1 episode tonight and a two-hour finale next Monday?  I haven't really been watching faithfully this season, but have tuned in from time to time.  Will be interesting to see what pans out so I may tune in to watch the final few episodes.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Holy **** last night was good!  I couldn't believe that they didn't show Jack go up the elevator but the aftermath blew my mind.

And the assault on the car?  Pure genius.  These last few episodes have been firing on all cylinders.  No matter what happened earlier in the season, I'm going to say that this season looks like it's going out on a high note.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Holy **** last night was good!  I couldn't believe that they didn't show Jack go up the elevator but the aftermath blew my mind.

And the assault on the car?  Pure genius.  These last few episodes have been firing on all cylinders.  No matter what happened earlier in the season, I'm going to say that this season looks like it's going out on a high note.

E...

I agree, this has been the most enjoyable that 24 has been in a long time. I can't wait for Logan to be exposed (again) for the ******bag he is.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Why haven't I been visiting this thread more often?  ???

I guess at some point I got tired of talking about TV and started to prefer just watching it. (Blame LOST)

I'm a 24 fanatic since Day 1, never missed an episode live.

Last season felt more exciting to me somehow, but a lot of that was due to their layoff in the wake of the writer's strike. Plus it was just good to see Tony again, implausible as it was.

This year? Meh. The threat level just doesn't seem terribly ominous. When the stakes aren't as high, it's hard to replicate the same level of urgency I guess. There have been a few great scenes though. Executing Starbuck has to rank in this year's Top TV moments.

Plus we got DB Sweeney and Michael Madsen this year...awesome.

Any guesses as to how it all ends next week? Figure Jack has to live if they are really serious about transitioning to films. Not sure what would really constitute a surprise ending at this point...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Any guesses as to how it all ends next week? Figure Jack has to live if they are really serious about transitioning to films. Not sure what would really constitute a surprise ending at this point...

Jack kills kills Logan and Taylor, appoints Aaron Pierce as the next president?  ;-)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2010, 02:10 PM »
Has Pierce even been in this season?  Always rooted for that guy.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I didn't watch this season... everything just seemed to be getting too repetitive.  But I figured I'd watch the last few hours and see Jack walk into the sunset.  Pretty decent episode last night.  I didn't have any problems getting caught up with what was going on.  Kind of a cop-out to show Jack's wake of destruction at the embassy rather than him actually doing it.  But it looks like things are shaping up for a decent finale.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 19, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Has Pierce even been in this season?  Always rooted for that guy.

No, I don't believe he has been in this season.

E...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 19, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Pierce is getting busy with Logan's ex. Or was until she died I think.

I actually thought it was more powerful showing the aftermath than the actual mayhem at the Russian Embassy.

I'll miss this show. With this out of the way and Heroes mercifully put out of its misery, my Monday nights are now free next year.  ;D

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 19, 2010, 03:19 PM »
That'll just free you up to watch Chuck.

E...

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2010, 11:30 AM »
Better yet, start watching the CBS comedies. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2010, 03:33 PM »
I appreciate Chuck and I'm sure it's a good show, but I'm not inclined to jump in at this point. That thing is living on borrowed time anyway.

I did watch HIMYM once upon a time, but the $%@#& writers ruined it for me and I had to stop watching. One of the only shows I have ever consciously quit watching because I was so aggravated. "Slapsgiving" was awesome though.

24 has ruled my Mondays for as long as I can remember...going to be different.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Had a backlog of 24 on the DVR.  We finally had some time so we watched the last three hours back-to-back-to-back.  Jack's taken revenget to a new level in the last few hours.  Really looking forward to tonight's finale.  I'll be sad when its all over.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 24, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Sounds like Jack is going to go midevil on Chloe tonight...at least it sounded that way.  Will definitely be an interesting finale.  I'm sure they'll have to leave it open at the end for the movie.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #374 on: May 24, 2010, 10:09 PM »
Wow that was probably the best 2 hours of 24 ever. President Turkey Neck got off light. Pillar, not so much. It'll be interesting to see how this transitions to the movie.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird