Author Topic: 24  (Read 72970 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #90 on: March 5, 2007, 04:44 PM »
I have to admit so far this isn't my favorite season (I'd kind of like a different plot line in this season, maybe dealing with Jack trying to get out of China, that could have been pretty cool) but I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

I doubt that Palmer is dead.  Also I want to see what Jack does to that Russian guy.  I'm hoping that they make that the bulk of tonight's episode.

:P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 5, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Prison Break has totally been overshadowing everything on 24 IMO.  I get so pumped up after that show, then it's time for an hour let down.  I'm thinking I might just bail on this season compeletly and wait for the DVD release.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 6, 2007, 03:36 AM »
I have to admit so far this isn't my favorite season (I'd kind of like a different plot line in this season, maybe dealing with Jack trying to get out of China, that could have been pretty cool) but I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

I agree.  The only parts I like watching right now are when they involve Jack.  All the other President/Tom Lennox stuff is boring me.  Give me Jack and some action.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #93 on: March 6, 2007, 06:50 AM »
Don't give up yet, next week has the triumphant return of Agent Pierce! My guess is that Bill Buchanan "recruits" Pierce to aid in the rescue of Jack from the Russian Embassy.

Nice touch last night though with Bauer trimming the Russians fingernails for him!  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 6, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Wow, Jack's stuck in another embassy... ::)

Groundbreaking.

I think I'm going to bail on this season - the same thing happened last year around this time.

Long live AD!

:'(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 6, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Actually I really liked last evening's episode, I thought it was just what the season needed.

The VP (wasn't he Curly Bill in Tombstone?) is awesome, he has the kickarse demeanor that has been absent from the White House.  I love it and his reaction to when he found out Jack had taken a hostage in the Russian embassy was great.

Also I really liked how Lennox turned in the agents who were behind the assassination attempt.  Awesome stuff and I have a new respect for the character now.

I also like the embassy stuff, last time Jack got out quickly in the Chinese embassy, this time he's in a different situation with getting caught.  So I thought that was a good play by the writers.

Agent Pierce is awesome.  I don't know if he'll get recruited or not to go and try and get Jack out, but I think next week is going to be an important episode.

Consider me totally back into this season after what happened last night.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 6, 2007, 01:54 PM »

The VP (wasn't he Curly Bill in Tombstone?) is awesome,

Yes, he was.

Powers Boothe (what a kick ass name) also stars in Deadwood on HBO. 

http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/cast/character/cytolliver.shtml
« Last Edit: March 6, 2007, 01:54 PM by ruiner »

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #97 on: March 9, 2007, 04:58 PM »
i forsee the 24 America starting ww3, its just about to get crazy on that show again. which has been lacking since Palmer's days.

i mean every presdent since him only cares about America and kisses the ass of every ambassador in sight.

about the episode, i was extremely happy to see the office story pushed to the background, I'm so sick of that morris guy and why can;t Chloe get killed or at least quit making that look. i mean they killed off tony & Michelle for Chloe to take centerstage?

but aside from this season i really don't get how there going to make two more days and a movie? this show is great, but i can admit that it's nearing the voyager status.

on a side note for future seasons, i'm thinking they should start jumping backwards in the story.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 9, 2007, 05:38 PM »
and why can;t Chloe get killed or at least quit making that look. i mean they killed off tony & Michelle for Chloe to take centerstage?

That made me laugh....Chloe just wouldn't be the character she is without that smirk.  I saw her once on a late night talk show and her personallity mirrors the character that she plays - seriously.  I've always liked her just because of that look and the fact that she can be a little bitch.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #99 on: March 9, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I'd take a run at her.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2007, 02:19 AM »
I'd take a run at her.  ;)

That goes without saying.  What with her always talking about "opening ports" and finding "backdoor access." 

That's my kind of girl.

E...

What?  Get yer heads outta the gutter!   :P
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Interesting episode... Suvarov allows CTU to go in on the Russian Consulate to go after Markov (though it looks like they killed him). Jack was kind of expendable but they saved him. The return of Aaron and Martha, who breaks down and stabs Charles... so is the former President going to die? I think he'll survive and learn his lesson to stay away from the ex-psycho wife.

I almost forgot about Ricky Schroeder being on...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2007, 10:19 PM »
So now Martha and Aaron are an item, and Martha freaks out (that's what happened right?  I looked away for a split second) and stabs Charles in the whatever, and now he's going to probably die in the ambulance?

It's like 90210 with international terrorism.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I just wanted to ask if anyone else is getting an "Evil Atticus Finch" vibe from Vice President Daniels.  I'm really unfamiliar with most of Powers Boothe's stuff, but it just seems like he's channeling Gregory Peck here, but with a dash of nasty, for good measure.  He looks like him, he sounds like him, he has the same kind of authoritative presence. . .  Is it just me?

Anyway, solid episode.  Things seem to be ramping up a little as we reach the midway point of the season, which is good.  I'm still not hooked on it the way a lot of you guys are, but you never know. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52 AM »
I just want to know what happened to Rich Schroder.  He looks like he's about 50, dude's only a year older than I am. 

Last night's episode was good but about half-way through, when I'm usually pissed that there's only 20 more minutes, I couldn't believe how much time was left.  It was kind of a slow episode.  Still, that's twice as fast as a normal show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"