Author Topic: 24  (Read 72823 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 24
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2007, 02:43 PM »
I know at least Chewie is with me in taking great comfort that Hillary will never be President.  You can take that to to bank.

I find much greater comfort in knowing that our next president, whoever it may be, will be worlds better than the ****head currently occupying that office.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I dunno.  I could see BushCo declaring the presence of WMD in Iran, whipping the nation into a terrified, jingoist frenzy, and then telling the Repugs they've got to nominate Cheney so as not to change horse in mid-gallop or whatever, and the American public buying it...again.

Cheney/Rumsfield '08, anyone?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Oh Christ, here we go.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I dunno.  I could see BushCo declaring the presence of WMD in Iran, whipping the nation into a terrified, jingoist frenzy, and then telling the Repugs they've got to nominate Cheney so as not to change horse in mid-gallop or whatever, and the American public buying it...again.

Cheney/Rumsfield '08, anyone?

Throw gay marriage into the mix, and you can send me my "Dick and Don in '08" bumper sticker!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2007, 03:25 PM »
I agree 100% that I didn't like there being two presidents from the same family, but then again, we're on our second president already from the Bush family, and there's a chance it will happen with the Clintons.  So it's not unplausible. 

I know at least Chewie is with me in taking great comfort that Hillary will never be President.  You can take that to to bank.

This is obviously a threat against our future Madam President.  I've alerted Homeland Security and the Secret Service to your post.

And next time don't start political ****.  You know better.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2007, 04:50 PM »
My best friend is a secret service agent and detailed Mrs. Clinton a couple months ago in DC... I'd love to go into his thoughts about her with what he's seen and heard, but I know this isn't the place for it.  Plus I don't want to compromise national security.   8)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to next season of 24. I hope that it's a fresh plot line this year, the way last season ended it seemed to leave things open for a new start.  I'm wondering how they'll portray a female president, a lot of people seem to have drawn a line in the sand on where they stand on that issue (or at least on certain women if they were elected).  I have a feeling that however this season (7) is accepted by viewers will determine if they go past season 8 or not.

I'm hoping to see Michael Novik back in the mix in some sort of capacity -

For some reason that crusty old white man is my second favorite character on the show. 

Also they should try and bring back Buchanan too, I'm guessing they will -

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I'd love to go into his thoughts about her with what he's seen and heard, but I know this isn't the place for it.

I'm sure you could find a secret service agent with 'interesting' things to say about every detail from the service's inception until now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2007, 10:47 PM »

And next time don't start political ****.  You know better.

Yeah right.  Actually the producers of "24" started the political ****.  You can't deny that this latest stunt is just a giant Hillary campaign ad.  This is the only purpose for their move - an attempt to make a female in the Oval Office normal.  Not that Bill didn't already have his share of females in the Oval Office.  Heheheh. 

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Yeah right.  Actually the producers of "24" started the political ****.

The producers of 24 did not start political **** at Jedidefender.com.   >:(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:55 PM by Rob »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2007, 07:26 AM »
Of course, there was also Andrew Johnson and Lyndon Johnson, his son; and perhaps the most famous presidential family of all--the Roosevelts--from which two of our best presidents came:  Teddy and his little boy, Frank.

I hope you are joking...Andrew Johnson was dead before LBJ was born and Teddy and FDR were only distant cousins.  FDR did marry Teddy's niece (who was also his distant cousin).

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I hope you are joking...

No, I'm very, very serious about all this. 

Sorry, but I don't buy into the campaign of misinformation that's been perpetrated on the unsuspecting American public for the last couple of hundred years.  American people always joke about the incestuous nature of the British royal family, but if they only knew how much worse it was in their own country, surely they would revolt.  So that's why The Powers That Be have gone to such great length over the years to keep things under wraps.

For example, FDR was, without a doubt, TR's bastard son from an out-of-wedlock relationship he had maintained with a Boston prostitute.  If news of this had gotten out, surely it would have caused irreparable harm to TR's burgeoning career in the New York state legislature, so it was decided that the bastard child Franklin would be sent to live with TR's distant relatives upstate.

Years later, as FDR was developing quite the political career of his own, his lineage and relationship to Theodore, whose recent death some historians believe Franklin may have had a hand in, started to come into question.  To stifle this, FDR's people came up with a plan:  Poliomyelitis, better known as polio.  FDR "mysteriously" contracted the disease while vacationing in Canada.  And their ruse was successful on two fronts.  Not only were all of the "FDR is the bastard child of TR" rumors effectively and immediately quashed, as surely this crippled, decrepit man could not have come from the loins of such an active and vivacious man as TR had been, but FDR and his people used his "disease" to play on the sympathies of the American voters, who voted him into office just a decade later.  And FDR kept up the polio act, whenever in the public eye, up until his death, but as White House insiders would tell you (if they were still alive), in secret, FDR was, just like his real father, quite the sportsman, enjoying basketball and bowling at nearly every opportunity.

The Andrew Johnson/Lyndon Johnson connection (or "Johnson & Johnson," as it's come to be known in historian circles) is a much-less sordid tale than that of the Roosevelts, but no less interesting.  Yes, it's true that Andrew Johnson died over thirty years before Lyndon Johnson was born.  That's common knowledge.  Irrefutable.  What most people don't know (and what most historians won't tell you) is that Andrew Johnson was indeed the biological father of Lyndon.  How can that be possible, you ask?  Simple.  After Andrew Johnson died in 1875, his body was sent to a local mortuary, where a young mortician on an apprenticeship was getting his first crack at a "real live body."  Unobserved by his mentor, and slightly intoxicated and delusional from the moonshine he had been making in the funeral home's bathtub, the young apprentice decided he would try out a few of his radical new "embalming techniques," one of which included obtaining a sperm sample from the deceased. 

The rest of the story is far too complicated and boring to go into great detail on here, but, rest assured, that little did the budding apprentice know at the time that his bizarre experiments that night would later lead to what is now considered to be the first, albeit unofficial and undocumented, successful case of artificial insemination in humans. 

Now, how that little seed eventually grew up to be president--in much the same way his father did--well, that's a story that's best left for another time.  However, with Lady Bird Johnson's recent passing, don't be too surprised to see the bodies of both former presidents exhumed in the near future for extensive DNA sampling, to finally set this nearly-unbelievable tale straight.

By the way, don't look for any of this stuff in the history books, 'cause it's not there.  But maybe one day, the truth will come out, to vindicate the true historians, and to shut the naysayers up for good.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2007, 11:11 AM »

I find much greater comfort in knowing that our next president, whoever it may be, will be worlds better than the ****head currently occupying that office.

Agreed. I'd take Hillary any day over the inept, illegal man holding office currently.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Well, I don't want another Bush OR Clinton in the White House anytime soon.  I want a fresh candidate... and while every part of my soul bleeds conservatism, I'm not a Clinton basher.  Bush hasn't handled the immigration thing like I would like to see which has been my biggest problem with him.  But the man is still the commander in chief for over another year and had a good majority in the last election; like it or not.  That's how it is.  And don't overlook the fact that Congress actually has a much lower approval rating than President Bush does.

Who knows, the people at 24 might take the stance that Dressel stated in that they are pushing for a female president and have her be a very strong commander in chief, OR they could go the exact opposite direction with it and portray her as inept in dealing with terrorism, which is the defining issue on the show.  How they play this out could be one of the most controversial moves that they've made, and it could be politically motivated... but I think it's par of their plan to get their ratings back up.

And oh yeah, thanks for the history lesson Matt.  What blog did you pull that from?   8)

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I can't believe this is happening. :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2007, 01:25 PM »
After last season, having the Presidency or the White house involved at all next season doesn't entice me to watch with as much enthusiasm as I might have had without it.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird