Author Topic: RANK THE SERIES!  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
RANK THE SERIES!
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:50 AM »
I was looking at DSJ;s pics of series 7, and thought "that is a good series, despite old jell-o man."

So I decided to look for a place to rank the series (feel free to add box-sets in as you like)

1- Series 4   3 Baddies and a Luke Bespin? And piles of stormtroopers? I likey, and wish I had been ordering mastercases back then
2- Series 1   Bossk is the cutest damn brick in my collection. I like the paper/cloth on Zuckuss too
3- Series 2   Sandtrooper, classic Ben and Han, and the band. Very nice.
4- Series 7   I know the gamorrean is a little round for some, but I like the detail and quality on this set. That scout trooper is awesome. As time goes by and these things aren't lying around everywhere, he is going to be sought after. And Yakface, wow. I almost ranked this one above series 2, because of better chase figures.
5- Series 3   Lando and the AT-AT driver are great, as is 3PO. the ewoks and jawas still in abundance drop it down to 5
6- Max Rebo box set.  Medicom does what Hasbro can't- gives us a display environment with the figures
7- Early Bird Set   I probably rank it a little lower than I expected. Chewie Rocks out loud, Luke is luke, and Leia just never seems to turn out quite perfect. R2 is nice, but he is hard to interpret in to blocks.
8-  Luke and Leia Endor    A nice set, and leia's flesh tone is about the best it gets.
9-   Series 6   The rebel fleet trooper beats all of Hasbro's combined, and the droids and pilots are well done, but nothing screams in this set for me. The chase figures are nice, but they are just old men.
10- Series 5   They did nice work on Ackbar, Yoda is pretty good, as is the gunner. Luke Jedi with the cloak was a nice touch. Ponda Baba and Blue snaggletooth were great chase figures, but oeverall I thought this the weakest of the bunch.

I guess I was left thinking series 7 was a bit of a rebound after 5 and 6. What do you think?

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: RANK THE SERIES!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 09:32 AM »
hmm... tricky.

I know my favourite is series 2, closely followed by series 7.

Early bird is way up there with series 7.

Maybe the weakest for me was series 3, with carbonite Han, Lando and an ewok.  Only the At-At driver was essential for me there, and I guess c3po to complete the 'gang'

I think my favourites are linked to my level of anticipation for certain figures (leiah and the scout in 7, At At driver in 3) and for the incredible freshness of collecting Kubricks in the first couple.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 09:57 AM »
In terms of quality and detail Series 1 is my favorite followed by the past Series 7. As far as character selection, I like series 3 and 4...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Series 2 is still my favorite set. Indy was the icing on the cake!
Adam

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 08:01 PM »
I'll only go by series sets (and omit the boxed sets):

1. Series 2
2. Series 1
3. Series 4
4. Series 7
5. Series 3
6. Series 5
7. Series 6

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 05:06 AM »
I'm still new in collecting Kuby's but for other  Star Wars figures it's been a long long time ago....My favourite choice are still on:
Series 1 - I just love Bounty Hunters ..

Offline Raltaran

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 02:38 PM »
1 - series 1
2 - series 7
3 - series 2
4 - series 4
5 - series 5
6 - series 6
7 - series 3
"All right look, there's only one return, okay, and it ain't 'of the King,' it's 'of the Jedi.'"
―Randal Graves, Clerks II