Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60757 times)

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I want to say I saw a price for McLuke of $12.95 and possibly $14.95 for the McDroids. I've been looking around to try & find where I saw that, but no dice yet. I hope it's posted soon. I need to see if I have to PayPal additional funds to my friends who went to C4.

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2007, 04:52 PM »
anotheR Site is reporting the luke will be 14.95 and the mcdroids will be 19.95

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2007, 04:58 PM »
$15 and $20?

That is insane.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2007, 05:03 PM »
I hope the McDroids aren't that high. I really wish I could remember where I saw those prices. I want to say I saw them @ starwars.com, but I'll be damned if I can find them.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Oh crap, I should have just asked for 1 set of each instead of 2. 

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2007, 07:04 PM »
Poddie, do you not have any friends attending the convention?
 I've read alot of negativity from you here on these boards but I missed where you specifically asked someone for help. Did I miss it? Did you ask anyone???

Keep in mind while complaining....

1. it's too early to freak
2. Those folks that are 'so fortunate' (and other comments I read) to attend and get all the figs..blah,blah
    --keep in mind they pay outrageous entry fees to attend and then still have to pay for a fig there!
       Not to mention travel considerations ect. Keep THAT in mind if someone helps your poor, tiring soul
       out here with an exclusive- especially when you don't have to pay an entry fee, travel ect to get it.
       Just think how lucky you would be then.

Please consider those things before anymore further crying :P

DS :'(

Nope, I have no friends attending C4.  No I did not post a pestering message asking people I don't even know to pick up a toy for me.  And I shouldn't HAVE to.  The whole thing is bullsh*t.

Believe me, I completely understand that they are paying a lot of money to go to C4 and have the opportunity to again pay a lot of money for these exclusives.  Again, that's kind of the point.  It should not be a matter of paying $35+ each to a scalper or spending $2,000+ in travel, expenses, and time (and that's a low estimate if you count missed work).  It's just the ultimate finger from Hasbro to the fans that can't afford/take the time to go.  Well, ok... they could have done worse, but they would really have to try.

And I don't think that should be a justification for them... "I deserve to have an exclusive no one else can get because I have spent all this money".  That just seems incredibly selfish to me.  If the reason you love something so much is that you know that others can't have it then you need to reconsider how you live your life.  Not pointing a finger at anyone in particular here, but I have seen some posts that follow this logic from time to time.

I am married and have a very demanding job.  My wife likes Star Wars but frankly the idea of going to C4 for a vacation would not be her optimal vacation.  She would do it... but again, she shouldn't have to.

And now TNI has a rumor that San Diego will have an Obi/Yoda Concept fig exclusive.  Oh joy.

As I have stated before, I used to be relatively positive about Hasbro, trying to see their side of whatever they are doing and give them the benefit of the doubt.  Balancing cost vs profit, kid vs collector, etc is always a compromise and they do the best they can.  But I just don't see any way that this works out other than me and countless others getting screwed.  I just hope they got one hell of a payday. 

This wouldn't seem anywhere near as bad if I didn't feel like I had been setup like a pansy.  "Hey look at all the cool concept figures we are going to release in 2007 for the 30th anniversary?  Aren't they cool?  Aren't you just dying to have them??  months pass... Hey, here's the first wave for preorder!  Work towards completing your collection today!  month pases... Hey, here's wave two!  Look at Boba, ain't he cool???  months pass...  why don't you go ahead and preorder wave 3... time passes... Oh BTW you don't have a chance in hell of completing this collection!  We're not going to sell 2 of the figures to you because you're not one of the cool kids who can pay us a crap-load of money!" etc

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Oh crap, I should have just asked for 1 set of each instead of 2. 

I'll take your other sets if I don't get one,.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2007, 07:32 PM »
No, no price confirmed yet.  I'm expecting $20 plus $4 for the star case.  Inflation, y'know.

$15 and $20?

That is insane.

What?  You thought I was kidding?  Nuh-uh.

C3 Vader was $15 plus $3 for the star case.  I figured a price increase was definitely in order considering we're a few years down the line.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised the Luke is that cheap. 

I'll await official word on pricing, but what Scum is reporting isn't out of line at all with what I was expecting.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2007, 07:38 PM »
CIII Vader was $12 plus $3 for the Star Case.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Plus the Star Case had the C3 logo stamped in it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2007, 09:23 PM »
anotheR Site is reporting the luke will be 14.95 and the mcdroids will be 19.95

Let the ass rape begin!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2007, 10:01 PM »
CIII Vader was $12 plus $3 for the Star Case.

Hmm, are you certain?  Maybe I'm thinking of the post-C3 price on the website.  Either way, even if I'm wrong the McQ Luke is $1 more a few years later.  They'll justify the droids as a two pack, so the price is "fair". 

Just went back and checked, Rob's right $15 + $3, not $18, that was the total price.  Still, I ain't surprised. :-X
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:06 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Confirmed that the Droids are $20 even plus tax. Didn't catch the pice of the Luke.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Yikes.  I guess I expected them to be in the $15 range, but just adding it up makes it worse.  Maybe I should rethink the "2 of each" of the McQuarrie figures, if just these two (three figures/two packages) will cost me $70.  Eek.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2007, 03:25 PM »
For those wanting this figure and weren't able to make it to C4 its on HTS for $15 right now.
I remember my dream now.