Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 61336 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2007, 03:05 PM »
More BAD news, I guess they were going to place the extra inventory at Hasbro.com ( I dont know if they sent some aside for the Hasbroshop or what) but I asked the lady working the Hasbo booth, and she told me they most likey would be soldout at the end of Monday.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Oh, this is some bull****!!!

"Two HasbroToyShop reps at C4 told me this afternoon that they were going to be suspending all online orders placed for the McQuarrie Luke figures, if the 25% off coupon code was used. According to them, this was an egregious error to have not blocked that coupon code for this item, as it shouldn't apply to convention exclusives. They said they would contact everyone via e-mail to let them know the McLukes would actually cost $14.99, like at C4, and to see if they wanted to keep their orders at that price (and presumably with regular shipping costs added back too). Sorry folks!"
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I dont mind paying the full price, i just hope they honor the free shipping. They should give us soemthing for their mistake.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2007, 09:27 AM »
They're not going to do anything for us, evenflow.  But what they are going to do is temporarily suspend our order and hold it hostage for another $12 - 15, while they waste resources emailing hundreds or thousands of people that already finalized their orders and got confirmation numbers.

They're really going to wait for each individual customer to respond to an email?  I have trouble believing that.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind having to pay full price either, if we could still get the free shipping.  I mean, its their mistake, not ours.  Many/most times, if something is priced incorrectly at a retail store, they'll give you the price that is on it - since it is their mistake.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind having to pay full price either, if we could still get the free shipping.  I mean, its their mistake, not ours.  Many/most times, if something is priced incorrectly at a retail store, they'll give you the price that is on it - since it is their mistake.

Yeah, but in this case you already paid, left the store, and were getting into your car in the parking lot when the store employee ran outside to catch you.

It just doesn't seem right.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Oh and by the way the coupon code is now expired incase you were going to use it on something else instead but opted to spend your money on Luke.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Could be worse, you could have missed out altogether.

But yeah, it's not good business to honor something and then take it away.

They should at least give you the option of cancelling your order - but who would want to do that?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Just an interesting side story here, there are already 225 McQuarrie Lukes and 125 McQuarrie droids on eBay so quickly after the convention.  Who is scalping these toys?  That's right, namely the collectors.  With a few opportunistic scalpers who showed up to the show for that one purpose i'm sure.  But mostly collectors.

But getting back to HTS's treachery about our Lukes...

No justice no peace!!

;D

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2007, 10:00 AM »
So I take you peeps are back east? Well in two years its the west coast peeps that will screaming when they can not get their hands on the exclusives.  I have 3 lukes and 2 C3PO I want to have two complete sets of the Mc'concepts. The third Luke I dont know what im going to do with that one yet.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2007, 10:12 AM »
They're not going to do anything for us, evenflow.  But what they are going to do is temporarily suspend our order and hold it hostage for another $12 - 15, while they waste resources emailing hundreds or thousands of people that already finalized their orders and got confirmation numbers.

They're really going to wait for each individual customer to respond to an email?  I have trouble believing that.  I'll believe it when I see it.

As someone who went out of his way to secure help from attendees and paid an arm and a leg for these, there's a small part of me that is glad tons of people aren't getting them that easily and for 25% less with no tax either.

The rest of me thinks it was Hasbro's error and they need to suck up the monetary loss.  Sorry guys.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:14 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18 AM »
So I take you peeps are back east? Well in two years its the west coast peeps that will screaming when they can not get their hands on the exclusives.  I have 3 lukes and 2 C3PO I want to have two complete sets of the Mc'concepts. The third Luke I dont know what im going to do with that one yet.

East/West geography has really got nothing to do with this issue.  This is a Hasbrotoyshop.com issue.

The issue is that we followed the rules of the coupon code, went to their site, paid for the merchandise and arranged the shipping, got the confirmation number - and now HTS.com is suspending our orders, days later, because they decided that they want to charge us more than we paid at the checkout counter.

Changing the rules and conditions after the fact (after the purchase) is going to get me riled up every time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:19 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Changing the rules and conditions after the fact (after the purchase) is going to get me riled up every time.

Yeah, I can see them suspending Luke until the coupon expires today (like it appears they did), but to go backwards and change existing orders like they are allegedly doing is pretty crappy customer service.  >:(

It does seem like a lot of effort to go though... I guess for now I'll just hope it was a HasbroToyShop rep talking out of his ass until we get confirmation that orders are indeed being altered.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2007, 12:03 PM »
By law, I think they have to honor the coupon and swallow the loss. Does anyone have legal knoweledge on this?
How many people were able to order and agreed because of the coupon. You cannot sell something agree to pay then change the price after the order. We should as a whole really bitch to get this reversed if they do contact us. I bought other items bacause of the deal, they can go **** themselves if they try to change it after all the cash we spend.
Starwarsshop.com honored the $5 off on the Lucas set after they made an error. Hasbro is accountable not us. Do give out coupons if you cannot honor them. >:(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Has anyone received an email about this yet? It's only 11 AM Central right now, but I was curious.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk