Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60762 times)

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2007, 03:32 AM »
If Hasbro does not announce general availability of both the Luke and 3PO/R2 figures soon they can simply kiss my $1,000+ per year collecting their lines goodbye.

These figures are pivotal to the collection of McQuarrie figures and I am going to be right pissed if they don't make these available (on single cards to match the other Concept figs and in reasonable quantities, no single day availability on a website that barely works and then is immediately sold out) to people who cannot attend C4.

I feel extremely misled by Hasbro with these... I had planned on having an AFA certified collection of the concept figs as well as loose ones to display.  But these figs could easily top $80+ if they are not available elsewhere.

I absolutely abhor the Gentle Giant/Sideshow "unattainable product makes all our product seem more valuable and hotter" attitude.  I am a collector and I like to be able to complete my collection.  I have no desire to feel empowered by possessing action figures that are only valuable to me because others cannot have them.  It's just sickening.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2007, 05:09 AM »
I can't stand it... the year I go it's a repacked vader with a talking base, the year I can't it's 3 new figures.   Argh.

No kidding. Argh indeed.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2007, 05:25 AM »
Funny thing this exclusive, Luke for C4 & they split the McQuarrie Luke & Vader up. Can ya smell a McQuarrie Vader for SDCC.  :-\

I can smell side by side artwork for Vader and Luke, on the cardbacks, for added display for the MOC collectors.

McVader is already set for the 30AC basic line (in the Jabba's Palace wave, of all places).

So I'm not sure what you guys are smelling. :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:29 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2007, 05:41 AM »
All I smell is ass surrounding some of the exclusive decisions we get out of RI.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11 AM »
I find it humorous that the best looking of the McQuarrie figures are the exclusive ones. I have not been impressed with any until these two popped up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18 AM »
If Hasbro does not announce general availability of both the Luke and 3PO/R2 figures soon they can simply kiss my $1,000+ per year collecting their lines goodbye.

These figures are pivotal to the collection of McQuarrie figures and I am going to be right pissed if they don't make these available (on single cards to match the other Concept figs and in reasonable quantities, no single day availability on a website that barely works and then is immediately sold out) to people who cannot attend C4.

I feel extremely misled by Hasbro with these... I had planned on having an AFA certified collection of the concept figs as well as loose ones to display.  But these figs could easily top $80+ if they are not available elsewhere.

I totally understand what you're saying. It's like Hasbro figures the general public isn't going to know about these 2 new figures that continue with the spirit of the TAC line and most don't care about concept figures anyway (except the diehards from whom they can squeeze another large $ amount). It would have been better to have an exclusive figure that's not directly related to the current line... but that would make sense, wouldn't it?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52 AM »
All I smell is ass surrounding some of the exclusive decisions we get out of RI.

Jesse, you scare me sometimes.  I was going to post exactly the same line before I went to sleep last night but just passed out before I could achieve that.

Scary  :o
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2007, 09:11 AM »
This figure really looks great, and I hope that I can get a hold of a couple of them.  Like others have mentioned, I really hope that both of these (3PO/R2 and Luke) are available at HasbroToyShop or SWShop, and not in a "blink and you miss them" fashion.  These are essential to the McQuarrie lineup, and I really hope they are available to everyone that can't make it to the show.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2007, 09:13 AM »
There's really not much else I can say that hasn't already been mentioned by other users.

A.)  These figures kick ass
B.)  They are too nice to be 'show only' exclusives
C.)  The McQuarrie figures are turning out to be my favorites from the TAC line

I'm afraid this may be a ploy by LFL (or whoever profits the most from the CIV) to get people to go.  I get the feeling that these will only be available at the show itself.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2007, 09:34 AM »
An awful lot of work put into these exclusives this time around. It's hard to image that these would only be available at the conevntion, Hasbro should well know the outcry's of foul that they would get based on past experience.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Sweet merciful crap, talk about exclusives overload - Two exclusive Hasbro offerings, three exclusive Sideshow offerings, five exclusive Gentle Giant offerings.  It's just getting ridiculous now...   ::)

I like Luke and everything, but I guess I'm just getting more and more annoyed about getting milked another $30-40 plus shipping for another pair of $7 convention figures.   :-\ 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2007, 11:11 AM »
I think these McQuarrie's are the coolest ideas Hasbro has ever had. I want to collect them all.

AND I WILL...

These had better be available on SWS or HTS. Even if they arent, Im still gonna do everything in my power to get my paws on these.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2007, 11:33 AM »
The article says the coins are VENUE exclusive, so maybe the figure isn't.  Better not be.  Grr.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Now that I think of it, I have a theory (I hope it's true)...

Wasn't Hasbro's response when questioned about a Concept Luke (because of the obviously mistakenly put up Luke cardback when they released the 3PO info) that Luke would be a the standard Concept figure in Wave 5?

Maybe these are both standard figures that will be released to retail and with normal cardbacks and coins in later waves?  Maybe the exclusive truly is just that covention goers get them early and with a special card and coin back?

Because it's either that or Hasbro flat-out lied to cover up this exclusive.  They obviously intended this to be available as a C4 exclusive from the start (judging by the picture being release with 3PO), so maybe they also have intended it for normal wave 4 as well..

That would be ideal in my opinion... then I could just completely ignore these and have them truly match the other released concept figs.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2007, 11:38 AM »
The article says the coins are VENUE exclusive, so maybe the figure isn't.  Better not be.  Grr.

Oops, looks like Spuffy beat me to it.

I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't just clear this up and explain what the real deal is.