Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 61016 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2007, 12:33 PM »
Same for me, they say MCLuke ships 6/11 I am awaiting the news.....I will cancel if they back out.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Just hit my email box:

Dear Customer:

Recently you purchased a "Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure with Collector Coin" using the Hasbro Friends & Family promotion code.  As advertised, this item was not eligible for use with that promotion.

To remedy this situation, we will remove the discount from this item, apply any additional shipping charges that may apply, and ship your order on June 11, 2007. 

If this remedy is not acceptable please call our customer service center at 1-800-408-0052 by June 9, 2007 to cancel your order.  If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you have agreed to the changes noted.  We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please do not reply back to this e-mail message as this e-mail address is used for outbound messages only.

>:(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:20 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2007, 04:22 PM »
I just got the same e-mail.  That's disappointing - although not surprising.  Heck, I would have been happy if they would have just kept the free shipping for what was their error.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Recently you purchased a "Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure with Collector Coin" using the Hasbro Friends & Family promotion code.  As advertised, this item was not eligible for use with that promotion.

Anyone remember seeing that advertised??

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2007, 04:28 PM »
That's lame  >:(

Maybe they'll still honor some of the discount if enough of us call and bitch.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2007, 04:31 PM »

Anyone remember seeing that advertised??

From Hasbro: dated 5/17/07

1. Shop on www.HasbroToyShop.com and add items to your cart.
2. Enter promo code: FNFSPR7 in the grey box on the payment/shipping page.
3. Click the "Adjust My Price" button to show your savings and then click "Continue" to complete the check out.

25% off and free standard shipping is only valid at the web site toward currently availabe product. Some exclusions apply (such as Star Wars Celebration IV action figures). Discount is pre-tax. Offer expires 5/28/07 at 11:59pm (et). Cannot be combined with other coupons or offers. May not be used to purchase gift cards.

The inability for the IT dept at HTS.com to deactivate the Promo Code option for this/these items, shouldn't be retroactively enforced.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:35 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Wow, so it was advertised.  I'm very surprised.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Please do not reply back to this e-mail message as this e-mail address is used for outbound messages only.

I find that line funny -

Here is the address the e-mail came from:
customerservice@hasbrotoyshop.com

And here is the blurb from the website...

There are 3 simple ways to contact our Customer Service Center:
•   E-mail: CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com
•   Phone: 1-800-408-0052 (6 AM - 11 PM EST)
•   U.S. mail:
    HasbroToyShop.com
    P.O. Box 69070
    Harrisburg PA 17106-9070

Sure looks like the same e-mail to me...  guess they didn't want to get hundreds of angry replies. :P

Ah, I sent them back an angry reply anyway - guess we will see if it really is for outbound message only.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I also received the message.

Jeff, what did you say to them?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2007, 05:19 PM »
**** them! I am really going to bitch and cancel them! I spend thousands literally on Hasbro Star Wars figures and they are going to be cheap because their IT ****** up. Total BS!
WHEN I ORDERED I DID NOT SEE THAT DISCLAIMER. The web guy probaly added it after the fact once they caught the error so his ass would not get canned.

We should stand together and bitch cancel to get this turned around, dont give in to the darkside and have your wills broken! Who is with me?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:35 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I'm kind of on the fence with this thing. On one hand, if the exclusion is on the site in plain view then it's the customer's fault for not looking/reading. On the other hand though if there is an exclusion of any kind whatsoever, it should be item description page well before you get to the check out. In the interest of good customer relations for an already dicey situation, I think they should stick to the code (so to speak). What portion of the page was the exclusion on? I didn't see one when I ordered the figure stands. I used the code for those & haven't gotten any emails saying it wouldn't be honored.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2007, 05:35 PM »
I think they're trying to appease to the C4 attendees.  Quite frankly, I think the least we can do is let this one slide - how do you think the C4 attendess feel? 

They travel all the way to the show, wait in line for hours on end to pay $15 for a figure that we all got shipped to our cozy homes for $11.25...shipped free of charge?

Everyone makes mistakes - be grateful that you got one for the 'going' price.  Whoever's in charge of IT probably feels ****** enough already.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2007, 05:37 PM »
All the whining(huge posts from 1 person hogging too many threads) that has been relatively extinguished
since Hasbro's offering these toys on line LIKE MEMBERS TOLD THE WHINER they would has now been replaced by this recent discount gaffe.

Now, many folks seem upset about this-a legitimate gripe at that.

:)

DS

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Hasbro is the one who should let this slide, they made the mistake they should take responsibility. People today never do that - take responsibility.  The notion of its not fair to C4 attendees, I have to disagree with due respect. They got to go to the show, not all of us can afford to fly, stay at a hotel and all the expenses with going. And so what, we caught a break with leftovers and orders went through WITH coupon. Its very tacky and very cheap to slap us in the face like this.

Hasbro is making big bucks from us they can give us something back. and if the C4 attendees cry about it we can tell them to get their panties out of a bunch and ease up. Life is not always fair but when we clicked the commit order button thats a deal they should honor it! They are breaking the deal.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46 PM »
I think they're trying to appease to the C4 attendees.  Quite frankly, I think the least we can do is let this one slide - how do you think the C4 attendess feel? 
They travel all the way to the show, wait in line for hours on end to pay $15 for a figure that we all got shipped to our cozy homes for $11.25...shipped free of charge?

How does a c4 attendee feel? What, I should say burn in hell and pay the full price to folks possibly wanting a discount? ...because I had to pay entry fees? Honestly?

Actually, I have my figures in hand and no longer care about further gaffes by Hasgro on these. If folks can get it cheaper, great-good for them-anytime to take advantage do it!-but I really don't care either way. My ticket to my first ever Celebration was for the experience of it, actually. Getting toys there was a side story-I'm glad I went too because I had a great time with my little brother and son.

At least I never waitied in a line more than 30 minutes and only 2 lines at that- the rest of the time I enjoyed the celebration!

DS

DS