Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60786 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Well, I'm going to keep my order anyhow because it's still an okay deal.  It's just when they sold the Lukes to us originally it was a great deal.  Great before, good now.

I just think they suck and I'll make sure I write them so they know it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Well, I'm going to keep my order anyhow because it's still an okay deal.  It's just when they sold the Lukes to us originally it was a great deal.  Great before, good now.

I just think they suck and I'll make sure I write them so they know it.
I agree Hasbro made the "mistake" and since most of us if not all of us have bought $$$$$ from them over the years..a few bucks..but I think they did it appease the CIV attendes

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2007, 12:25 AM »
Yeah, I can see that.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2007, 09:40 AM »
I'm impressed that Toyrocket is offering the exclusive for retail. Very classy.

As a C4 attendee, I can't say I'm saddened to hear about the coupon code not being honored.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Here's my response from Hasbrotoyshop....oh well, I tried  :-\

Dear Customer,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your point of view on the fact that the Friends and Family discount did not apply when ordering the Luke Skywalker figure which was sold at Celebration IV. This item was specifically excluded from the discount program in order to ensure fair and equitable treatment to the consumers who attended the show and paid the full price. Therefore, when weighing out the pros and cons of honoring this as a one time exception in order to retain your business, we feel that we must stand by our original decision to exclude this figure from the promotional offer

The excerpt below in from the "Friends and Family" promotional email that was sent to our Consumers:

25% off and free standard shipping offers may only be redeemed through the
HasbroToyShop.com website toward the purchase of products currently available
and purchased on HasbroToyShop.com. Offer excludes Star Wars Celebration IV
exclusive action figures. Discount applies to pre-tax amount. Offer expires 5/28/07 at
11:59 PM (ET). This offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. May not
be used to purchase gift cards. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid only while supplies
last. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire without notice due to error,
fraud or other unforeseen circumstances. Void where prohibited.
Subject to terms and conditions of use.
© 2007 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Sincerely,

HasbroToyShop.com Customer Service Center

Amanda
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2007, 06:11 PM »

As a C4 attendee, I can't say I'm saddened to hear about the coupon code not being honored.

As a non-C4 attendee, I can't say I'm saddened that I didn't have to spend a cent on travel, lodging, a day pass, or wait in line for God knows how long, when I could have had the thing shipped to my door for the same price you paid.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Friends and Family Discount?  That's rich.  With friends like this...

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Well, I called and cancelled today.  I was nice about it though  :-*.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2007, 07:44 PM »
This line is hilarious:Offer may expire without notice due to error, fraud or other unforeseen circumstances.
They can make the offer go away whenever it benefits them, but as if you read in there it doesn't say anything about the can go back on this offer once used if it was their error. Only thing they have is this:Offer excludes Star Wars Celebration IV exclusive action figures. But again the offer worked when it shouldn't have and they waited over 4 days to notify me that they made a mistake. How long did they wait to contact you about this BS? I would have different views on this if they would have contacted me right away. Also I wonder if that was put in after all this. Does anyone have the original e-mail they sent stated all this from the "Friends and Family" promotional offer? Frankly they could have changed the offer without us even knowing as this was an offer that was e-mail and then posted on the site. It doesn't take much to change something to cover their ass on a site. Then they can jack you around all they want. This to was an after thought from Hasbro: This item was specifically excluded from the discount program in order to ensure fair and equitable treatment to the consumers who attended the show and paid the full price. Or the offer would have never worked in check out. Plus what about fair and equitable treatment for the one that got screwed on this, because of their mistake?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2007, 08:42 PM »

As a non-C4 attendee, I can't say I'm saddened that I didn't have to spend a cent on travel, lodging, a day pass, or wait in line for God knows how long, when I could have had the thing shipped to my door
 for the same price you paid.
Ya but there was more to CIV then just the figures. I had a really godo time.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Ok i think Hasbro should have given us free shippingh for their mistake, but i dont see why everyone is so upset. It seems as if the disclaimer was there, we just didnt notice it. Normally i all for us getting stuff cheaper, but there is no reason why it should be less for those of us who did not go to celebration iv.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Ok i think Hasbro should have given us free shippingh for their mistake, but i dont see why everyone is so upset. It seems as if the disclaimer was there, we just didnt notice it. Normally i all for us getting stuff cheaper, but there is no reason why it should be less for those of us who did not go to celebration iv.

This isn't about getting the the item cheaper, as least with me. It is about Principle. For one the disclaimer was not posted anywhere in the item discription or posted during checkout. It should have been as well as them making the changes so the code would not work even it you tried. On top of all this they came back after 3-4 days and stated that there was a mistake (theirs), but you (the customer) have to stick it, just in their mumbo jumbo. Great and even good customer service would let this go, and correct the problem the next time. Any other website or store would not put this on the customer as Hasbro is with us. Someone had a good analogy of this with saying:

it's like buying some item and leaving the store and as you are getting in your car the store management stops you and said there is our mistake and you can not have that item for what you have paid.

Everything would be different with me at least, if they would have had everything the way it should have been with the disclaimer posted in item discription & checkout and the code locked out from checkout or at least they should have contacted the customers right away and not after 3-4 days. With the way they are handling this it's all about Principle now.

Maybe they are trying to save face with all the C4 attendees, but I would be more concerned in saving face with customer service as the % of customers that were at C4 are not even close to the % that didn't go. The numbers add up too with 1 bad experience is pass to 10 people which in turn those 10 tell 10 each and so forth. With the web the way it is, I bet you can find somewhere someone posted their unhappy experience with Hasbor about this.

The thing I can't understand is the C4 attendees complaining about the discount that others got on-line. As it was not our fault that we were able to get a better price do to a Hasbro mistake. You wouldn't hear the on-line group complaining if the roll was reversed, just my 2 cents.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2007, 10:54 PM »
I'm with Hasbro on this one, the discount was really a case of "too good to be true".  It would be nice if they would knock off the shipping, but I don't blame them for reneging on the orders too much.  As far as it goes, I'm just glad they offered the figure online (and quickly), period.  $15 + shipping is way better than the $40 + shipping on eBay.

I'm still pissed about it being exclusive, costing twice what a normal fig does, their deceptiveness about when it might be placed online, etc, blah, blah, blah, but I can't fault them for charging the same price as the con.  I also hope they will get many many more to satisfy the demand for those who missed it.

It's also nice to see that ToyRocket got enough of the R2/3PO that it seems everyone has a chance at it.  But on the flip side it certainly seems like an accident... that they simply didn't sell as well as expected and so they dumped them.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2007, 11:59 PM »
Who knows, maybe selling to Toyrocket was the plan all along.  That way Gen Con (or whoever was the retailer) was in a win/win situation.  Toyrocket could either sell out  fast and make off well, or have these for years, and still make a profit.

The best part of this is all of the auctions on ebay that are getting no action.  I hope people who bought these just to resell them choke on them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #254 on: June 1, 2007, 12:03 AM »
I'd say I agree with Roron Corob's notion on it...  It's not about the "cheaper" aspect, but the principle of good business...  This was bad business on Hasbro's part.  I think it did put a sour taste in some collector's mouths on dealing with their online service...  For me, it won't affect me ultimately I don't think.  I didn't order a lot from them anyway unless I could get a deal or was forced to do so (IE: Exclusives).  This is, from my perspective, bad business on Hasbro's part because it was ultimately THEIR mistake.  They didn't have the failsafes in place to stop the code from working on this product.

I think the fair compromise ultimately would've been simply free shipping as you noted Evenflow.  I think completely fair way of handling it though, would've been honoring their mistake by following through with the orders as they were....  But I'd have preferred the compromise over nothing.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77