Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138143 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 2, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Don't like them myself. I think it's possible that this figure might be meant to sit on a speeder bike. 

Funny you should mention that.  I think Pawlus knows something the rest of us don't....for the time being.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #121 on: February 2, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Funny you should mention that.  I think Pawlus knows something the rest of us don't....for the time being.

Two quick points:

A.  The Adam doing the Galactic Blogger is Adam May, not Adam Pawlus.

B.  Adam Pawlus always knows something the rest of us don't--for the time being, for the time past, and for the time future.  He is, without question, the top authority on the hobby, and if you don't believe me, just ask him.  He'll tell you.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 3, 2007, 12:50 AM »
I'm going off of memory here, JJ, but I seem to recall a reference pic of IG-88 standing one stair level below the other bounty hunters (presumably so the wires that control his movement are off-camera), so while his height may have appeared comparable, he should technically be at least a stair step taller.

Edit: I should just find the pic ahead of time  :P.  Check out his height compared to the others, and consider that he's also a step below the main floor too.

« Last Edit: February 3, 2007, 12:56 AM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 3, 2007, 01:38 AM »

Probably the best character for a height comparison in this image is Dengar, because he's only a foot or two closer to camera than IG-88.  The other Bounty Hunters are signifigantly closer so it would make it hard to compare their heights.  It looks like the top of Dengar's head should be about even with IG-88's shoulder if they were all standing on the same level.  I hope the figure is pretty tall as a result.  IG-88 looks almost Wookiee tall.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 3, 2007, 01:55 AM »
They better make him size accurate then.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: February 3, 2007, 02:23 AM »
Holy hell he should be a bit taller there, shouldn't he?  Thanks Daigo-Bah, that helped a lot man...  Also fun to note how short Boba Fett is...  There were some gripes on Fett's height from the VOTC figure, but looking at that show and comparable to Dengar (who seems in line with everyone else as far as height goes), Fett is noticeably shorter than Dengar (even with a helmet on for goodness sake). 

Little short for a Stormtrooper?  You'd be medically defined as a dwarf if you were I think, if they're clones of this guy I'm looking at. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 3, 2007, 10:45 AM »
^^^^^   Hey theres nothing wrong with short people. ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 3, 2007, 11:45 AM »

Don't like them myself. I think it's possible that this figure might be meant to sit on a speeder bike. 

I'd be disappointed if that was the case. Ball jointed hips would have done the job with better aesthetics.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 3, 2007, 12:08 PM »

Two quick points:

A.  The Adam doing the Galactic Blogger is Adam May, not Adam Pawlus.

No ****?  I did not know that.  I thought he was using some kind of nickname or something.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 6, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Well. This thread is..... way OT. ::)
So how 'bout those knees on Leia? POTF 2 looking or what!?

Here's something that's off-topic for you:

Do you ever plan on adding anything interesting or original to any given conversation around here, ever?  Or is it just gonna be more of the same-old, regurgitated, one-or-two-line "me too" type of posts from here on out?
Me too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: February 6, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Yeah there's two adams over yonder...  May's a whole other person.  You'll notice now that their writing styles are pretty different from each other probably. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 8, 2007, 03:29 PM »
I was thinking about these upcoming figures again today, and I was curious - how many of you buy multiples of the VOTC/VTSC/V30AC figures, even aside from troop/army building figures?  For the most part, the vintage line has always been my favorite part of my collection, and the assortment I look forward to the most each year now.  Although I didn't have the funds (or foresight) to do it with the initial 12 figures, I picked up extras of several of last year's assortment (including a few on clearance), and thought about doing it this year.  Now, with my attempt to cut back significantly on spending, I'm starting to wonder how many I really need.  I have a seperate shelf that I display the vintage figures on their own, but as I mentioned, last time I picked up an extra of each to keep carded, as well as an extra of each to put in my "regular" basic figure display cabinet (not to mention a few more of "army builders" like the Scout and Tusken).  So, with the 5 released last year I had at least three of each, in some cases more.

I'm now thinking that I can't do this anymore, and at $10 a figure (unless they clearance) it doesn't make sense for me personally to do this.  I'm thinking this year, and from now on, I might just pick up two of each (more for army builders) one to display loose and one to keep carded.  Then if there are clearances or re-releases down the road (like this year's Saga Legends VOTC Fett) I can get any extras I might want.  Now, I'm not normally a carded collector - at all.  The only things I really have are some Han and Chewies, and then the VOTC/VTSC carded figures.  I only have three from the initial run carded, but hope to get the rest eventually, and those figures will just be my "carded display".  Anyways, long story short, I was curious if any of you buy extras of the "vintage" figures - even outside of army builders.  And, if so, why do you buy extras and do you wait for clearance/re-releases? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: February 8, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I buy extras usually Brian, but I try to get them cheap...  One way I managed that was people looking for an extra Lucas figure this year seemed more than willing to sell me whole sets for half off.  That's $5 a figure so it really worked out.

I also ran into dealers at the Toy Show in December here who were selling figures for $5 as well, and one loaded me up with Tuskens.  No Scouts but Tuskens were nice since I'd not seen many for a lesser price and wanted to army build them as well.

I'm sort of hoping there's some figure promo with the vintage this year but it seems that isn't happening unless it's a well kept secret.  For $10 a figure though, I think this line SHOULD offer a mail-in offer every year to be honest...  It sort of helps ease that price slightly.  At least I know that's how I view this past year's to the 2004 line.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 8, 2007, 06:15 PM »
Well. This thread is..... way OT. ::)
So how 'bout those knees on Leia? POTF 2 looking or what!?

Definitely.  I thought the same thing, kinda reminds me of the 1995 Han Solo with the far apart legs for no apparent reason.  Don't like them myself. I think it's possible that this figure might be meant to sit on a speeder bike.  Also, we need to see more pics, it might prove to be not as bad as a sculpt as it seems in this one shot.
The VTSC Scout can sit on the bike with out cut knees. I can take that as an excuse for the wide- leg stance, but not the knees! Besides the knees IMHO the figure is great!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2007, 05:27 PM »
As per our Toy Fair coverage...

2007 is the year of the coin.  Instead of a lame figure you mail-away for coins, I'd assume to complete the booklet, but either way that's cool to me...  At least it's something that eases the $10 pricepoint a bit. 

I kind of thought this might be the route they went this year...  I was hopeful of some mail-in promo.