Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138432 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47 AM »

Apparantly there's some confusion, despite it being stated quite clearly in our reports from Toy Fair this year, over the Hoth Han coming with 2 heads...  Someone may want to let them know to read the story before jumping to conclusions.

Where's the 3rd site tie-in to this mass of confusion?  Apparantly reading an article at GH that Pawlus wrote, everyone seemingly misread what he wrote since when I read the article Adam just noted that the figure doesn't have a "flip-up hood" feature....  And Adam's basing his thoughts/opinions on not seeing a second sculpted head at the time he wrote it I assume... 

It's amazing how people are just making **** up, or just looking at photos and not reading, and then you have a thread of speculating and debating that's causing other people to just get confused on the matter.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me. :-X

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. It's just parr for the course when you have the younger crowd who not used to fact checking or research yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2007, 11:35 AM »
There shouldn't be any confusion here... it's very very simple - extra hood-up head, maybe, if approval is granted in time.  If not, no extra hood-up head.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2007, 03:04 PM »
It just CANNOT come out missing that extra head now...  I rather that head almost!  And what the hell does LFL have to approve anyway?! ::)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2007, 05:50 PM »
It just CANNOT come out missing that extra head now...  I rather that head almost!  And what the hell does LFL have to approve anyway?! ::)

They're a little miffed that the coat is brown, so they won't approve the hood unless it's blue.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2007, 10:48 PM »

They're a little miffed that the coat is brown, so they won't approve the hood unless it's blue.

Now that was damn funny.  :D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Someone told me something funny about the Hoth Han Vintage thread at that otheR Site recently, and I guess it's spiraling out of control as people are not reading stories, or not reading them correctly, between three separate sites.   ::)

Apparantly there's some confusion, despite it being stated quite clearly in our reports from Toy Fair this year, over the Hoth Han coming with 2 heads...  Someone may want to let them know to read the story before jumping to conclusions.

As stated on the front page here, the Hoth Han may, or may not come with 2 heads, that's completely unknown, but the 2nd head that was displayed with Han (that our staffers got photos of) was REMOVED by Darryl DePriest due to the head not being yet approved by Lucasfilm, and he said it was not to be out yet.  We just got the photos of it as it hadn't been removed yet and we were the only site photographing that area at that time.

So far, my roughest of guesses, I'd assume it's NOT coming with Han in the vintage assortment this year...  A unique release some time down the road?  It could be a running change...  Anything really.  Either way you slice it though, the head was NOT LFL approved, and nobody right now knows if it's coming or not in the line, we just know it got pulled from the showroom floor.

Where's the 3rd site tie-in to this mass of confusion?  Apparantly reading an article at GH that Pawlus wrote, everyone seemingly misread what he wrote since when I read the article Adam just noted that the figure doesn't have a "flip-up hood" feature....  And Adam's basing his thoughts/opinions on not seeing a second sculpted head at the time he wrote it I assume... 

It's amazing how people are just making **** up, or just looking at photos and not reading, and then you have a thread of speculating and debating that's causing other people to just get confused on the matter.

Okay, I gotta raise my hand here and take some responsibility for this. I had misread JD's report and started spreading erroneous information about the Han coming with two heads. :-[ I did set the record straight though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2007, 03:59 AM »
Nah it wasn't your fault Anton...  There was a lot of rampant "Oh man it comes with 2 heads" stuff long before you said anything.  I think you fell into the trap laid by others, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2007, 08:29 AM »
Mmmm Anton I don't think that technically qualifies as the apology that you owe all of us.  I think I speak for everyone when I say that we went through hours of anxiety, heartache, agony and torment because of your actions.

Saying you're taking "some of the responsibility" isn't really going to satiate the bloodthirst that most of us have for revenge at this time.  You're going to have to say "I'm sorry."

Oh, and PM those of us who you caused the most distress and misery for our shipping addresses so you can compensate us with a free set of 30 AC Vintage, including as many variants of Han Hoth that are released.  Blue.  Brown.  Hood up.  Hood down.  Silly goggle hat of no apparent film origin.  All of 'em.

It's only then we'll find it in our heavy hearts to forgive you.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I'm sorry, I was wrong, It'll never happen again...

;D

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2007, 10:53 AM »
Dressel, I don't think that will be enough.  I think Anton will have to physically sculpt the hood-up version, mass produce it, and send it out free to everyone that actually looked at the pic.  :P :P :P
Greg Reeves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2007, 03:29 AM »
Anton's every 11 year old's scapegoat.   :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2007, 09:31 AM »
So.... how 'bout those vintage figures?  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2007, 01:23 AM »
They're spiffy man...  spiffy.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2007, 07:45 AM »
All this anxiety over a little head- you'd think there was a president involved!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:56 AM by Bob Dylan SW fan »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I'm going to look at the pics again- these are just stellar.  I'm sure the Bossk will pegwarm like Greedo did, but I can't wait to get one anyway.  I HOPE next year Ponda Baba is one of the choices; he's also just a single purchase rather than a multiple army builder purchase, but the nostalgia factor alone makes this a must!
Greg Reeves