Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138483 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I'd like to see how the guy has decorated his parent's garage..I mean his "apartment"....

I'd sell my certificates online, IF I couldn't find anybody on the the boards to give them to.  Fortunately that has yet to be a problem.

I like this year that they sticker just says "Figure"...last years madness of selling Xwing Luke stickers with the coupon and Biker Scout stickers (before Hasbro changed the rules) was funny.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 28, 2007, 01:14 AM »
Reply from seller:

"Hello, Other redemption certs sold for $10.00 more than we are asking. As you know I can ask any price I wish for any certain item. Because it might not actually cost that much doesnt mean I cant ask that much. What about the bids on $2.00 items that go for much more than that. You might not like this but it is not your problem. Back off if you dont like it and just dont bid or buy if you dont like the price. I personally could care less what you think. I have had several people ask me when I was selling the vintage figures included, if I would sell them just the certificate for the same price I was asking for the figures. Your disappointment does not upset me in the least, just dont buy from me. "

What an *******.

I wouldn't mind seeing the message that you sent him first that triggered the reply.

You got it.  This was the message:

"Hello.

I just wanted to ask what it is that makes you think it's okay to try to charge $69.99 for the stickers from the vintage figures. Maybe it was an error? But the only thing I can see here is someone trying to take advantage of someone else by convincing maybe an uninformed person that this is something special and worthy of that much money. You and I both know that for $69.99 you can buy all the toys, and get the stickers for free. So what it looks like, is like you're trying to find someone to make a mistake so you can get your set for free.

Stuff like that makes me sick. I hope there's a reasonable explanation for the price you're asking or that maybe it was supposed to say 9.99 or something like that. If not, I'll just say that it is always troublesome to see this type of thing happen."

And after his reply, I sent this last message:

"You're absolutely right, you can ask for whatever inane dollar amount you want.

Here's to hoping no one is gullible enough to be taken advantage of by you.

Have a nice day."

I'd also love to see redemption certificate auctions that ended at $79.99 or higher.  Surely no one is dumb enough to pay that much for these?  Maybe last time around when you couldn't find a Biker Scout, but this time they're all as good as the others.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 01:15 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #452 on: May 28, 2007, 02:03 AM »
He's a needledick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 29, 2007, 11:52 AM »
In case anyone cares or needs the set, HTS.com has all six figures for $59.99.

Not a bad deal when you consider the price of gas and tax.

www.hasbrotoyshop.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 29, 2007, 12:57 PM »
OH and FYI the Discount code DID work...now whether or not they honor it...

Came out to $120.00 for 2 sets (the same number of figures in a case).  Then add shipping and Tax?  Tax?  I didn't know they charged tax if I was out of state....

Now..let the Snowtrooper search begin in earnest..(or where ever they may be found)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Edit:  Rob had to call and help me with Math....the code did NOT work

I just saw that I got them for $120 for 2 Sets which was $20 cheaper than an online dealer I pre-ordered from.....

OOPS Sorry...it is Fuzzy Math....for my next trick...I conquer exchange rates....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 01:21 PM by Paul »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 29, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Discount code did NOT work - $120/12 = $10.00 each.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 29, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Geez, they're not even selling them individually.  I'm gonna pass on the set of 6 for now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 29, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I can understand why they're moving away from individual figure listings - take a look at what's 'out of stock' right now.

They're sitting on hundreds of half empty cases because everyone cherry picked the army builders and McQ's.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 29, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I can understand why they're moving away from individual figure listings - take a look at what's 'out of stock' right now.

They're sitting on hundreds of half empty cases because everyone cherry picked the army builders and McQ's.

I'm sure I'm going to get Leia, Luke and Han at clearance prices at either Target or Walmart.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2007, 04:23 AM »
Wow...  Do you realize that IG-88 has nothing short of EIGHTEEN points of articulation?  Add to that 4 accessories (that interact), and a myriad of separately sculpted pieces that are added to the figure's body to "complete" him...  Wow.  VOTC Chewbacca just got pWnEd! I think.  He ain't perfect, and this ain't my final review on him, but god damn, this is figure complexity...  I'm seriously in some kind of action figure awe on this one.

I have a Snowie open too, great, but I'm still floored by IG-88's simply incredible design...  It may be the first figure I fully feel was worth the inflated "Vintage" assortment price, at least to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2007, 09:20 AM »
That sounds great, Jesse!  I was concerned about the wide stance, but I noticed someone had put him on a figure stand and his legs were straight.
So far, I've only found one Leia and one Han Hoth.  I've already drilled out a hooded Han head and test fit it, and it'll work great; I just need to find a second one.  Here is a pic of the Leia in my ROTJ meeting diorama:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I'm really glad that, once again, Target held everything for a stocking date. I walked in Sunday morning the 27th and found absolutely nothing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 1, 2007, 09:04 AM »
Got shipping notification from Newforce. Should be here by the 7th.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #463 on: June 1, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Got shipping notification from Newforce.

Me too.  Can't wait to crack into these!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #464 on: June 1, 2007, 10:53 AM »
WAL-MART IS CARRYING THESE FOR $10 TARGET $12!
I am very sorry I bought so many at Target could have had extras...oh well.
Wal-Mart had tons of these yesterday along with the Fathers day pack.

(This may anger some but I am playing devils advocate) In regards to the jerky seller, he does have the right to sell stuff however he pleases he is a free man. While I do not agree with his prices and would never buy from him he was verbally attacked. Who are we to infringe our views on him and tell him he is wrong. He did not break any laws, he is taking advantage of capitolism and timing. He was provoked in his response, thus I feel he was in the right on this one in that regard.

How would you feel if someone told you how to sell or do things out of the blue? Its imposing on their choice.
At JD, the members who sell and trade are top notch and do so by ethics to help other members. People on ebay do not go by that. Disagree or agree, they have that right to do so and that should be respected whether you like it or not.

Just my humble opinion but I feel you were wrong Rob. Your intentions were right but you attacked the guy, and yes he overpriced but its his choice.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/