Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138472 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #465 on: June 1, 2007, 11:57 AM »
JJ,

What does the holster on IG 88's back hold?  I can't get the E-11 into it, but a DH-17 fit just fine....

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 1, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Jackofthetradez it was the same last year, no big surprise.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 12:08 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 1, 2007, 03:01 PM »
I hit Target as they were working on resetting the action figure aisle today, and was able to pick up some VTSC figures.  They had the entire wave there, but at $12 a pop, I just picked up 2x Snowtroopers and 1x Hoth Han Solo.  I received a set last week from BBTS (to leave carded most likely), and I thought I could pick up the rest of the wave loose when they show elsewhere for $9.99 (or if Target lowers their price).
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 03:02 PM by Brian »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #468 on: June 1, 2007, 03:02 PM »
I agree with the right to do it JACK, completely...  That's just America.  I don't feel bad that Rob sent him a letter though that was less than flattering.  At the very least it was a nuisance to him, so I got my jollies off of that. :)

On a completely other note though, I am 99% sure the holster is made for the E-11 there paul, but it just isn't made well to hold it.  I think with a slight bit of careful dremeling I can get it to hold the E-11 as it should...  I think it's just a factory error.  One of the only flaws on the figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 1, 2007, 03:18 PM »
There's a big difference between capitalism and deception.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 1, 2007, 03:38 PM »
(This may anger some but I am playing devils advocate) In regards to the jerky seller, he does have the right to sell stuff however he pleases he is a free man. While I do not agree with his prices and would never buy from him he was verbally attacked. Who are we to infringe our views on him and tell him he is wrong. He did not break any laws, he is taking advantage of capitolism and timing. He was provoked in his response, thus I feel he was in the right on this one in that regard.

How would you feel if someone told you how to sell or do things out of the blue? Its imposing on their choice.
At JD, the members who sell and trade are top notch and do so by ethics to help other members. People on ebay do not go by that. Disagree or agree, they have that right to do so and that should be respected whether you like it or not.

Just my humble opinion but I feel you were wrong Rob. Your intentions were right but you attacked the guy, and yes he overpriced but its his choice.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and in part I agree with your sentiments, but in this case I feel that the seller was trying to make his money back on the Vintage wave by getting rid of the stickers.  If he'd charged $30 it would have been something different.  But anyone who knows better knows that those 6 stickers can be had in stores for less than that price and then you'd have the stickers, AND the toys.  If someone was going to buy that auction, they'd have to shell out $69.99 plus shipping for the certificate and stickers, then another $4.95.

So I made the small leap that this guy was hoping someone who was uninformed would come along, see the word vintage, thing it was a big deal and grossly overpay for them - so he could get his toys for free.

So I was annoyed.  Even if it his inalienable right to charge $5,000.00 for them if he wants to.

Here's another less severe example that illustrates my $30 comment above - it's a scenario I'm almost OK with.  This guy is asking $34.99 and is shipping for free. 

Link

While I still think that's too much, conceivably there could be a person out there who wanted the coins and not the figures - if they do this they'd actually save $20.00 or so.  At $69.99, they get ripped off either way because for even less money they could have the toys and the coins.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 03:42 PM by Rob »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 1, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Sorry Rob but that seller does have a point, that it is his right to sell anything for any price he wants to get for it, and although it is kind of deceitful, its just the way things work. Basically, he's wrong but he has a right to be wrong.

...still...

...WHAT AN A$$H :o LE!!! Hed better not get that seventy bucks, doesnt seem to deserve it whatsoever. Arent human beings just DIC#S!?!

...still...

...I hate to say this, but if I had just a pinch less morality in me, Id probably take a shot at doing something like what that seller did.  :-X

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 1, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Rob-

You were looking for auctions that ended 79.99 or higher? Well here's one that's close.

70.00 plus shipping

I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 1, 2007, 05:46 PM »
The one I was originally looking at was a $69.99 BIN - that one you posted is even worse.

Thankfully it seems that no one has been uninformed enough to fall for it.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 05:48 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 1, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Sorry Rob but that seller does have a point, that it is his right to sell anything for any price he wants to get for it, and although it is kind of deceitful, its just the way things work. Basically, he's wrong but he has a right to be wrong.

And I've conceded as much - no doubt it is their right to charge any idiotic, dishonest amount they want.

...still...

...WHAT AN A$$H :o LE!!! Hed better not get that seventy bucks, doesnt seem to deserve it whatsoever. Arent human beings just DIC#S!?!

...still...

Correct again.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 1, 2007, 06:11 PM »
The one I was originally looking at was a $69.99 BIN - that one you posted is even worse.

Thankfully it seems that no one has been uninformed enough to fall for it.

If you look in the link to the 4 offers, you'll see one person was guillble enough to fall for it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #476 on: June 1, 2007, 08:33 PM »
So I made the small leap that this guy was hoping someone who was uninformed would come along, see the word vintage, thing it was a big deal and grossly overpay for them - so he could get his toys for free.
So I was annoyed.  Even if it his inalienable right to charge $5,000.00 for them if he wants to.

Rob your intentions are honorable and well respected and above all else, well placed. I really am with you on that one. There is that fine line, thats all I wanted to point out. This guy could be hard up for cash, most likely he is just a creepy guy living in his mom's attic. :)

To Rob's credit maybe we should start a thread of for rip off sellers on ebay and elsewhere to warn others from being taken advantage of. That way we do that community service while "respecting" their choices. I would add Brian's toys first on the list. That cat is way overpriced - on everything!

The sad thing is I hit 4 stores today (3 Targets and 1 TRU) and the VOTC was everywhere and in abundance. As Yoda instructed - Patience!
I found 3 Wave 3 Stormies and 2 Vaders with none of the other characters in sight. Very weird.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 08:35 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #477 on: June 2, 2007, 02:05 AM »
In vintage goodness news, I went to my WM where I pillaged 2 cases the other day...  Having a renewed budget I was meandering the aisles and all the figures I left from the pillaged cases were just lying around on a shelf.  Not one vinty figure had sold since Wednesday night...

So I bought a set and am gonna open 'em here when I get a moment.  Cannot wait.  My NFC order shipped too so I have a case on the way, but I'll have a nice loose set already here for inspection...  They have to pass my rigorous "posing" on my desk for a little while. ;)  Not playing mind you, this is all legit product testing...  *ahem*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 2, 2007, 10:16 AM »
;)  Not playing mind you, this is all legit product testing...  *ahem*

Your secret is safe with us.  ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 2, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Checked 4 different stores yesterday, and found nothing.  I know it's a matter of time, but geez it seems like everybody has pegs overflowing with vintage except for me  ::)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke