Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 139086 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #480 on: June 2, 2007, 02:05 PM »
Sent my Vintage Coin Redemption order in today.  ;D And I did with out really destroying the plastic clamshell. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #481 on: June 2, 2007, 04:38 PM »
I think mine's somewhat a fluke DB...

I pillaged 2 cases the other night, and I think the stockers didn't want to put them out yet because of resets at that store...  Getting ready for Transformers movie it seemed to me.

Anyway, the figures were out but not on a peg, just sitting out, and the pre-pack display they had come shipped in was apparantly tossed out... 

My store's kind of isolated but there is apparantly a slight scalper problem there (or so I've been told by employees).  So I dunno if it was just nobody visiting or what but the whole two cases I left were still there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 2, 2007, 05:56 PM »
I think mine's somewhat a fluke DB...

I pillaged 2 cases the other night, and I think the stockers didn't want to put them out yet because of resets at that store...  Getting ready for Transformers movie it seemed to me.

Anyway, the figures were out but not on a peg, just sitting out, and the pre-pack display they had come shipped in was apparantly tossed out... 

My store's kind of isolated but there is apparantly a slight scalper problem there (or so I've been told by employees).  So I dunno if it was just nobody visiting or what but the whole two cases I left were still there.
Well you are lucky if its only a "slight" scalper problem.  I really pisssed of a local scalper when he found out that I found wave 3 at "his" store ( heheh I made sure he found out from me) he asked me why I was bragging about all the stuff I found. ROLF, I had to keep myself from jumping up and down knowing that I got to him, at last.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 2, 2007, 10:22 PM »
Saw Luke, Han, and Leia at TRU today and snagged them. They were $10 each, in case anyone was wondering.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 2, 2007, 11:25 PM »
   I picked up two of the Snow Troopers and IG-88 this morning at Target. The $11.99 price is definately worth paying for those two figures. I wasn't so sure about the other four characters for that much money.
   The Snow Trooper is a very nice figure. I like the bulkiness of the armor and helmet and I enjoy the super articulation. The cloth skirt is a very nice touch, and it's something that would've been nice on the Galactic Marine figure. The only downsides I've found with this figure is the lack of a bigger gun for this "ground assault" trooper and not being able to get a good firing pose out of him.
   IG-88 is definately one of my favorite figures, and the best Empire Strikes Back figure made so far. The level of detail is amazing on this figure. The knife and pistol are nice additions, and the articulation is really good for this character. My problems: the pistol does not fit in the holster and I feel like I'm going to break this guy at one of his joints.
   Overall, these Vintage remake figures seem better than last year's figures and I cannot wait to pick up the other four figures in the series.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 3, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Luke and Leia are sub par, IMO. Han isn't far behind, though I like the hatless version. (Finally)

Bossk, IG-88 and the Snowtrooper are awesome figs. We finally have the ultimate Bossk. IG-88 is VERY close to being the ultimate and if never done new again, I can accept this version as such. The snowtrooper is a thing of art.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 3, 2007, 12:15 AM »
I saw everything except the Snowtrooper.  I left the items on the pegs mainly because I just spent $35 for the C4 exclusive and the $12 tag made me shy away today.  Had a snowtrooper been there I'd have nabbed that because those will be tough to find for a few months I assume.  Anyway, the others looked pretty good.  Han's head was kind of strange...the paint or something?  Eh, I was tired though so could have just been me.  It was nice to finally see them sitting on the pegs. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 3, 2007, 12:29 AM »
It was definately not you, Darth Broem. I noticed that all of the Han Solos at a local Target had a wierd paint job on their heads.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 3, 2007, 02:31 AM »
found all these tonight at wally, picked up the lone snow trooper figuring he'll be hard to find later on. Snowy, ig-88 and bossk looked awesome, luke is not bad at all - better than moisture vapa luke, hoth han is ok and endor leia is ok. I'll definatley get ig-88 because my son and I both like him and maybe another snowy IF I ever see one. And probably bossk too.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 3, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Yeah, now I am mad at myself for not picking up IG-88.  Oh well.  I think he'll show up again before the end of the month...especially at those prices.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 3, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I still haven't seen any of these outside of a Target.  I've been cheaping out hoping to save the 1.99 each by getting them elsewhere... and nada.  Half of the Wal-Marts near me have reset and the plan-o-gram is taped up on the aisle and there doesn't even seem to be a spot for vintage figures.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 3, 2007, 04:24 PM »
I found all of these at Target today except for snowtrooper. I dont know if Im gonna open them, Hoth Han in particular looks like a great figure in person, but Bespin Luke...not so much.

There were one of each (zero of snowtrooper  :'( ) except for Bossk, there were three of him.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #492 on: June 4, 2007, 01:15 AM »
The cases I pillaged at WM had these in pre-pack displays, Rob...  So I'm assuming by that, that these are an endcap or island display item that can "float" from store to store, like the coin folder/Vader is, or the Tins have become (at least in my area).  They wouldn't show on plan-o-grams then I don't think.

The figures from the pillaged cases have wound up, out of the display, on an endcap with other SW stuff like the folders and whatnot.  No designated spot for them with a tag though.  Seems they weren't to be out yet, or that's my best guess from what I've seen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 4, 2007, 01:24 AM »
Interesting.  I wonder how many Wal-Marts I stopped at this weekend actually had them on an endcap somewhere that I didn't check.   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #494 on: June 4, 2007, 01:38 AM »
If your area is like mine at all, none...  I think the cases really aren't to be out yet, at least by my estimations up here.  I think my pillaging the cases I did was a no-no and they frustratedly put out what I didn't buy...  But yeah there's no tag for it and ours went through the Transformer resets this week too.