Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 139006 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #555 on: July 14, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I still have yet to see these on Clearance at Targets. There are three arond here I hit fiarly frequently and I don't see much of anything. The Wal-Marts around here got one shippment of 6-8 cases in that sold out almost instantly. Since then I haven't even really seen them there. They do however still have at least 30 Endor Hans, and 30 Greedos at full price though...
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 16, 2007, 09:19 AM »
These haven't hit clearance here yet that I've seen.  I'm pretty happy with what I have so far, but I'd probably pick up a few extras for the right price.  Its funny for how well done and anticipated these figures are (myself included), they really seem to end up hitting clearance a lot lately.  Of course, Target is pretty swift with their clearances it seem - which I guess is good, since Wal-Mart and TRU seem to be content to sit on product for years sometimes.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 16, 2007, 02:37 PM »
They're on clearance around here, starting at $8 and change.  Haven't seen any Snowtroopers, but one Target has plenty of everything else.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 16, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I saw these Saturday at Target on clearance and managed to snag 5 snowtroopers and 1 each of the remaining figs. I told myself after the last run that I wasn't going to pick this up first thing and wait for a clearance. I kept thinking I'd run into a set on clearance and sure enough I did.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 16, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Saw these on clearance yesterday (all but the Snowtrooper). Kinda wish I had waited but oh well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 21, 2007, 01:25 AM »
I took a few pics of another Luke I have in a running on Cloud City pose  :grin:.  Note that the belt is pulled down somewhat, and his blaster is snugly in his hand.  I did alter the saber a bit, by cutting off the blade, super-gluing it to his belt, and I even painted the little red button and more black on the grips!

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 21, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Looks like the coins are starting to arrive on doorsteps. I know that the checks for both of my sets have been cashed, so it shouldn't be long for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 21, 2007, 06:11 PM »
My came today in the MAIL! ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 23, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Rumor has it that the vintage line is off Targets upcoming plan-o-gram.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 23, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I guess that makes sense, with them being on clearance in a number of places already (although not here yet).  I will say, at least from what I've seen locally so far, that these were produced in smaller numbers than last year's wave.  I can't say there is more than 5-10 vintage figures in any store around here, and most of them only have a few.  I haven't seen a Snowtrooper or IG-88 at retail in some time, its usually Han and Leia, sometimes accompanied by Luke or Bossk.  Sort of a short-lived line this year, if Target takes it out for the next reset (in August?).  That doesn't mean that TRU or Wal-Mart will do the same though I guess, but many seem to have gotten their fill outside of Snowtroopers at this point.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 23, 2007, 01:11 PM »
I caught these for the first time last week in Chicago (Target @ South Loop), but did not purchase them. No Snowtroopers whatsoe'er = No Good whatsoe'er.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 23, 2007, 01:19 PM »
So did Hasbro tell the truth when they said the vintage figures were being produced in lower numbers this time around?  Plenty of US locations are seeing clearance prices while some are pretty sparse and they don't seem to have been super abundant anywhere.  They've barely hit at all in Canada (and the only retailer to really carry them, TRU, is deeply scarred by all the previous wave they still have sitting around). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23 PM »
I'd say unless they ship more it's true Brent, I know our WalMarts got a mass quantity only once; they sold out quick with no reship. Target's strategy is different though they stock smaller amounts at a time and of course, they will put anything on clearance after a few months..it's their way. Keep in mind too, that Target had the highest initial price on these (before they clearanced them) which would help explain them still having some quantity to clear out.  I remember last year though there was another surge reshipment of these around August/September that caused even WM to clearance them.

So unless more are shipped what Hasbro is saying could be true.     

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2007, 02:25 PM »
I know for a fact I mailed off for my coinage ealier than a lot of folks that got theirs mailed out, yet they've already received coins and I haven't....getting worried :(.

DS   

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #569 on: July 23, 2007, 02:42 PM »
I am waiting for Target to drop their price even further that 8.86 before I pick up some custom fodder. Everyone but Snowtrooper are on hand. I bought 11 and wish I picked up more. I found 2 on clearance but that was it. I think this will get another round of ship to TRU & Wal-Mart. Hasbro said they were shipping cases with 6 Snowtroopers this may be their round 2 ship. Target has a tendency to order then drop lines and companies are left to scramble to sell what the forecast was. we may yet see more of these....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/