Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138425 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2007, 01:49 PM »
The only weak bit on these Vinty figs is Bespin Luke's chest/jacket proportions.  To accomodate what looks like a ball socket waist (Like pilot Obi-Wan) they had to end his jacket very high.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2007, 02:54 PM »
The only weak bit on these Vinty figs is Bespin Luke's chest/jacket proportions. 

And the fact that the likeness on both the Luke and Leia is of poor quality.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2007, 04:33 PM »
I'm really only interested in IG-88, bounty hunters are very cool characters. I might get bossk but i can't see enough difference between this one and the saga collection one I got 2 years ago. I might also get  bespin luke because looks pretty good to me.
I only got the biker scout and sandperson last year but since my son got the dagobah swamp x-wing for christmas, I wish I could find the x-wing pilot luke for a decent price to go in it.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2007, 08:24 PM »
The only weak bit on these Vinty figs is Bespin Luke's chest/jacket proportions. 

And the fact that the likeness on both the Luke and Leia is of poor quality.
You are looking at hard copies.  I would expect final product to be spot on

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2007, 08:36 PM »
The loose images you guys are seeing are definately Prototypes.  We were told the figures would resemble the pacakaged figures more than the Protos....

The carded Luke looked 10 times better, I promise.

The carded IG88 and Leia were in an area outside the Star Wars booth that had a wicked sun glare when we were taking photos. 

Leia's head is a bit odd and we did not get to see it very well.

On the snowtrooper helmet, the prototype definately had a removable helmet, but I could not tell on the carded version.  No idea what it looked like under there as we did not get a chance to take them off.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2007, 08:38 PM »
oops that was me posting that guys, Rob was uploading more images from my lap top so he was signed in...sorry.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2007, 01:14 AM »
Imposter!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2007, 03:36 AM »
I still can't get over this line for next year...  A perfect Hoth Han like that, especially if both heads get delivered, is really something I've wanted for a long time.  I never did care for the Saga figure...  But add to that Bespin Luke who I also never liked nearly as much as most people did (both sucked due to the action feature and pre-posed sculpting).  That's overload for me really...  The whole weekend's been overload in some ways.

Hasbro didn't do shabby this Toy Fair, I'm honestly shocked since they were really left without a lot to show us.  The stuff we'd seen images of already on the front page here was still exciting to see "in person" and detail now though. 

I never thought to get you guys to ask about IG-88's articulation count...  I'm still perplexed on that, but thinking it's SA actually, and that's just amazing if it's pulled off to be functional and sturdy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Hasbro's rep (I believe it was DePriest) did tell our folks in the field that the Snowtrooper's skirt is NOT final, including the carded sample, and that they too were going to do a higher cut as you suggested Spuffy. 

Removable helmet on the Snowtrooper, or no?  Thoughts?

That's good to hear that they're going to work on the skirt piece. 

That helmet absolutely comes off.   :)

Same here. I just caught this comment and I'm very pleased.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2007, 10:48 AM »
 :-\

Am I the only one that doesn't want the helmet to come off?  I'm not that big a fan of revisionist history, so I'd prefer not seeing Jango's head, yet again.  Yeah, I know, I can just leave it on. 

Was there any word (or has there been in past, I can't recall) of a second wave for 2007?  I know there's been discussion of what will likely be seen in the line (bounty hunters, army builders, iconic characters) but I'm still jonesing for my Jawa (seems unlikely given the regular version that's pretty nice) and the Death Squad Commander to round out the original twelve.  I'm not at all griping about the regular release Jawa, it looks superb.  But I am disappointed as it may indicate we won't see it in this lineup and on this cardback.  Personally, I just don't get it.  It's weird that a company like Medicom understands history and the vintage line better than the company that's charged with taking care of the figures.  Obviously this sub-line is geared more towards the collector, so why ignore certain parts of it? 

I guess if there is a second set for '07 I'd expect/hope to see the following:
Jawa
Death Squad Commander
Hoth Luke
Dengar
4-LOM (or is it Zuckuss)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2007, 10:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure there's only one wave per year from here on out. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2007, 11:03 AM »
I think all of these look pretty nice, and I'm glad to see the probable changes in the Snowtrooper as well.  Having the pouches on the outside alone improves the look of the figure quite a bit.  The Hoth Han is the one I'm looking forward to the most, I wasn't ever totally happy with the Saga version either.  Hopefully we'll get that extra "hood up" head, but its still a good figure regardless.  I look forward to this little sub-line the most every year, and this looks like a great lineup overall.  Now if I can just restrain myself from buying too many extras at $10 each :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2007, 11:18 AM »
I still want to know if there'll be a short packed chase figure of blue coat Han?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2007, 02:56 AM »
Someone told me something funny about the Hoth Han Vintage thread at that otheR Site recently, and I guess it's spiraling out of control as people are not reading stories, or not reading them correctly, between three separate sites.   ::)

Apparantly there's some confusion, despite it being stated quite clearly in our reports from Toy Fair this year, over the Hoth Han coming with 2 heads...  Someone may want to let them know to read the story before jumping to conclusions.

As stated on the front page here, the Hoth Han may, or may not come with 2 heads, that's completely unknown, but the 2nd head that was displayed with Han (that our staffers got photos of) was REMOVED by Darryl DePriest due to the head not being yet approved by Lucasfilm, and he said it was not to be out yet.  We just got the photos of it as it hadn't been removed yet and we were the only site photographing that area at that time.

So far, my roughest of guesses, I'd assume it's NOT coming with Han in the vintage assortment this year...  A unique release some time down the road?  It could be a running change...  Anything really.  Either way you slice it though, the head was NOT LFL approved, and nobody right now knows if it's coming or not in the line, we just know it got pulled from the showroom floor.

Where's the 3rd site tie-in to this mass of confusion?  Apparantly reading an article at GH that Pawlus wrote, everyone seemingly misread what he wrote since when I read the article Adam just noted that the figure doesn't have a "flip-up hood" feature....  And Adam's basing his thoughts/opinions on not seeing a second sculpted head at the time he wrote it I assume... 

It's amazing how people are just making **** up, or just looking at photos and not reading, and then you have a thread of speculating and debating that's causing other people to just get confused on the matter.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Here is a bit more of a detail on that...I am downloading the pics from my personal camera right now...up till now all the photos we've seen here at JD are from Rob.  He is an awesome photographer and a bit of a perfectionist in that regard....

As I was looking, my very first picture is of Han Hoth (my favorite figure)...the first 3 I have of him are with the hood....by the time I finished shooting the Vintage line for a group shot, the hood was gone since it was during this shooting that we encountered D. Depriest and he gave us the info/shagged the head.

To clear up some other confusion I have seen around the web....the goggles did not look removable.  They may have been glued down or something, but did not at the time look like they could be moved from the down or up position.  We will see if my pictures (although fuzzy) can lend some clarity to the matter.

If somebody else is going to get credit for my reporting, can they also pay my hotel bill here in NY?  Seems fair right?