Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138424 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I think he's a lock.  Aside from the Jawa, I don't see them doing much less from SW in the VOTC style.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2007, 01:32 AM »
I got a nice email from John Dunivant the other day...  Almost missed it, as it went to my SPAM but I saved it.

He photoshopped our exclusive story on the 2nd Hoth Han Solo headsculpt so it was on the Hoth Han Solo body.  He also moved the goggles around as he felt they looked removable, which there is something about them that looks removable.

Clicky to check it out.

Very cool looking though...  I really do hope we get BOTH headsculpts with Han.  That's somewhat asking a bit but for $10 I think they have room to work in this line.  The price is high no matter how great the figures are.  2nd headsculpts though, that kicks butt.

Keep in mind this photo is DOCTORED, and not real...  It's just meant to show you what the 2nd headsculpt would look like on the figure.  Very cool indeed.  There will be the inevitable "wow there's a second head coming!?" posts I'm sure but I think I covered that this isn't an official photo and the head's still not known to be packed with the figure or not...  It's just cool to speculate, and thanks to John for the fine photoshopping he did. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2007, 08:12 AM »
That hood sculpt looks awesome, i really hope they include both. It would be a great if they included both but i think if it gets approved maybe it will be a running change.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2007, 10:04 AM »
I think they can do it.  Dagobah Luke had one at a lower price point in the OTC line.  Would be nice if they did. 

Of course the question being begged to be asked is whether they'll do the blue jacket version AND the blue jacket with a second head sculpt.  I really do smell a chase figure on the blue jacket. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I think they can do it, too.  Especially at $10 a pop, there's no real excuse not to.  And it looks great.  Excellent photoshopping.   :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I love that look.

And here's why...when I got my first Hoth Han "back in the day" that is what he looked like. (except of course the more stylish Blue Coat).

I would almost prefer this as the primary head and the hood down cap off version as the secondary.  Just out of homage to the Vintage days and also so he would match his Cardback...but that is just me...and I collect loose figures so he would only be on his card from the peg to the car....

This  and Snowtrooper are going to be 2 of my top 5 figures this year (at least in anticipation factor)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2007, 09:51 PM »
I really hope it gets a green light. That's an awesome sculpt. But I also want a good non-hood Hoth Han too.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2007, 11:50 PM »
I am all about the hooded version.  That appeals to me the very most.  However, yes it would be nice to have the non-headed version as well.  I am sure Hasbro will either have 2 heads or a variant as somepoint.  They are keen to us diehards on the whole blue/brown coat debate and now this I am sure. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2007, 01:18 AM »
If both heads are released, I've got good incentive to buy multiples...  I'd love Han displayed with both heads on my shelf for sure.  One to stand with Riekean and the tactical board, one to stand with my Hoth Chewie...  Maybe a third with the helmet on to put around the "Hangar" figures like power droid and hoth pilot figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I just have to say that the photoshop work is impeccable.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2007, 04:02 PM »
However, yes it would be nice to have the non-headed version as well. 

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Oooops!  I meant the non-hooded version.  LOL! 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2007, 07:36 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted and since it is chock full o'tidbits regarding the Vintage figures, I thought I'd repost here as well...

- no blue coat V30AC Hoth Han this time around
- LFL squashed the extra "Hood Up" head for now :(
- Figures will be coming in June 2007
- production size is more in line with 2004 Vintage figures, not 2006 Vintage figures (aka you should see less pegwarming on these)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2007, 08:27 PM »
No blue coat sucks (but they'll do him later apparently - like when they repack him for less money) and the no hood is disappointing.  The figure works without it, but I hope they revisit this in the future.  Why wouldn't LF approve it?  Weird.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30 PM »
The news about the hood is disappointing, but what I'm more scared about is the availability of the new figures. I saw an abundance of ANH figs and ESB Lando and C-3PO, but I never saw any of the other figures at retail and had to order everything online. Hopefully I'll be able to find them in stores this time.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks