Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 140129 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2007, 09:37 PM »
Yup, Hasbro said coins are the thing in 2007...  which is cool I guess.  I'd dig a figure that was something everyone would be happy to get mailed to them (IE: Not Lucas's head on anything).  Coins are cooler than the Lucas Trooper to me though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2007, 10:04 PM »
I think they should also go ahead and repack VOTC Stormtroopers into the shipments, with ANH cards too. 

Not sure I follow the logic on that one...

$7 - 30AC #20 Stormtrooper (VOTC mold w/removable helmet)
$11 - VOTC Stormtrooper re-release

IMHO, it seems like a bad idea to re-release the VOTC carded version when there will be an arguably better, cheaper version of the same figure sculpt already on the pegs at the same time. 

Folks can't be that upset over the removable helmet that they'd want to waste $4 buying the VOTC version and skipping the 30AC version... then again I've seen stranger things happen.   ;)

Actually I can't stand the looks of the removable helmet.  It looks... "poofy" to me.  I'll still get some I'm sure, and hope they look good in person.  Right now my favorite Stormtrooper is the Battle Pack version by far.  Maybe it's the "newness" of it all, but I'm temped to part with my entire VOTC army now.

Anyways, I think that $10 or so range for a figure is ridiculous, and but think that a Stormtrooper would outsell Leia and company any day of the week.  Seen it happen many times... and have thought that when last year when most of the VSTC figures were always warming pegs that had they had VOTC Stormies on the pegs again, I would have bought them... Just from a business standpoint I think it makes sense. 

But don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheaper figures Jeff.  And I know you are too!   8)

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2007, 01:21 AM »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2007, 01:43 AM »
Nice and crisp.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to have the hat on Han very much. Also, the more I look at that Snowtrooper, the less the skirt is bothering me. Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to see it fixed, but having the pouches on the outside goes a long way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2007, 02:22 AM »
I'm surprised to see them labelled as The Saga Collection since we're into The 30th Anniversary Collection Now.  However, maybe they decided the styling of the TSC logo fit better with the vintage card, which is a reasonable decision.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Also, the more I look at that Snowtrooper, the less the skirt is bothering me.

And the more I look at Han, the more that hat (and not having a blue-coat variation) is bothering me.

Also, I'm a little worried about Luke's face, it seems pretty ugly from those pics.

Leia looks better than ever, I'm sure I'm getting a couple of her.

IG-88 is super, best one of this vintage wave by far.

Bossk looks great too.

Snowtrooper...not so much. The awful skirt is just too much, I actually would rather have had it made in plastic.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2007, 02:37 PM »
The hat on Han is goofy.  The Snowtrooper skirt is goofy.  The font on the character names on the cards seems off - a little big compared to the actual vintage cards, but otherwise, these are excellent.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2007, 04:25 PM »
Might get Leia. Not sure.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2007, 06:01 PM »
So far only half the wave looks good to me, the BHs, and the trooper. Han might depend on the in-store look over.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2007, 06:30 PM »
The hat on Han may be another case of Hasbro doing a poor job of presentation.  The hat probably fits much lower on his face, but they may just have it sitting higher so you can see more of his face (specifically his eyes).  I imagine once the hat is pulled down tighter it will look a lot better.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2007, 07:52 PM »
There's a very similar hat that came with the POTJ "Snowbi-Wan" Kenobi back in the day.  That one sat pretty well on his head as I recall.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2007, 12:30 AM »
These are the same figures we saw at Toy Fair...identical.

I am going to make the not so bold prediction that the final product will not look like this.

Bespin Luke's face looks tons better in person.

I noticed the "Saga" label at Toy Fair, but did not ask about whether it was mock up packaging or not.  I would wager it is. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2007, 03:19 AM »
I'm still kinda pissed that these didn't come on the POTF cards with the coins included.  This should have been a no brainer on Hasbro's part - especially with the TAC cards.  I think it's BS that I have to violate 6 of these things to get 7 pieces of worthless "metal" coins.

....Just bitching from a carded collector's POV....... :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Or you could find someone who opens and doesn't want the coins.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2007, 03:13 PM »
I'm still kinda pissed that these didn't come on the POTF cards with the coins included.  This should have been a no brainer on Hasbro's part

Agreed.  This would have been the perfect year to do it--but they would have had to go with different figures to do so.  Out of these, only Leia Poncho was officially released on the POTF cardback.  However, there were POTF proof cards made for four of the remaining five (Han Hoth being the sole exception).
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."