Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138427 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 1, 2007, 10:12 PM »
ill pick her up from the clearance bin.

Of all the Vintage 'VTAC,' this is the only one I think of like that. The rest of them will be bought the instant I see them! I am still amazed at the level of detail with these, especially Ig-88 and Bossk.

Why do you think that? It's a super figure. It's a much-needed update, a decent likeness, great accessories, superior articulation and on a vintage repro card from the final 17 (i think), what could possibly be wrong with it? I just want to know.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 1, 2007, 10:19 PM »
ill pick her up from the clearance bin.

Of all the Vintage 'VTAC,' this is the only one I think of like that. The rest of them will be bought the instant I see them! I am still amazed at the level of detail with these, especially Ig-88 and Bossk.

Why do you think that? It's a super figure. It's a much-needed update, a decent likeness, great accessories, superior articulation and on a vintage repro card from the final 17 (i think), what could possibly be wrong with it? I just want to know.

how do you know it has "superior articualtion" if all the pics we have seen have been with the poncho on? " i just want to know."

the ankles are painted differently from the boots. the face looks othing like her. the knees look horrible.and if it is the same ponch as lukes it will be annoying. just because we needed a new one doesnt mean this one is amazing. if it has to do with accessories and likeness i think IG-88 beats out anyone in this line. even bossk looks better(of course that is my biased opinion on one of my favored characters :) )

and what does the card have to do with anything? if you open the figure it is just trash.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #287 on: April 1, 2007, 10:38 PM »
even bossk looks better(of course that is my biased opinion on one of my favored characters :) )

I think you mean "Boosk."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 1, 2007, 10:47 PM »
So, I suppose the Snowtrooper's skirt isn't going to be corrected. Alas, I shall have to alter damn near 80 of them!  :P

Really, though, I have to wonder why Hasbro neglected to fix that skirt ... It's just somewhat annoying to have something as trival as the skirt detract from an otherwise flawless figure. Bah! At least the material is more sensible now.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #289 on: April 2, 2007, 01:38 AM »
Hasbro said at Toy Fair to our crew that it would be...  take that as you will.  I'm not sure but it's not a deal breaker on the Snowtroopers for me, not by a longshot.

Leia...  I dunno, I don't mind her.  i find her likeness, as far as what we've seen, to be passable...  It's safe to assume she's super articulated or darn close under the poncho.  The knees aren't bulky at all so they don't bother me, and are appreciated for what they are.  They seem smooth and flush fitting.  That's good designing on a figure with such thin limbs if you ask me.  I'm pretty happy with all 6 VTAC figures so far, but that's without owning one of course.  Easy to say "hey that looks great" and then change your mind when you buy one and open it.

BTW I count packaging as a plus among these and I'm a loose collector too...  Trash, perhaps, but it's part of these figure's appeal to collect the nostalgic packaging...  And depending on what day you talk to Hasbro it was also part of the reason everything in the "Vintage" assortment costs so much...  Other days it's articulation.  Other days sculpt.  Other days paint...  The only thing it hasn't been is accessories. :P

One day they'll settle on the REAL reason I'm sure.  It's probably just going to be "all of the above reasons are why you pay $10 for these, now shove it".  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 2, 2007, 06:22 AM »
even bossk looks better(of course that is my biased opinion on one of my favored characters :) )

I think you mean "Boosk."

oh my bad i meant "boosk"  ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 2, 2007, 09:47 PM »
I respect everyone's opinion but what is wrong with the Endor Leia?
The wrong color poncho is the biggest for me. I still love all of the figures in this wave though. Best wave of figure all year, IMHO. This Leia is the best Leia so far IMO.

Hasbro siad the Snowtrooper will have a removable helmet. I wonder if that means ball-joint removable or helmet removable. :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2007, 11:03 AM »

I really don't want to complain about the vintage figure I'm most looking forward to, but those non-armored parts of him should be off-white, not baby blue...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:06 AM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2007, 11:09 AM »
 :o that figure looks really good. im going for atleast 10  :o

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Oh ****, is that the figure? Gorram! That thing is above amazing.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Notice how they give the best Jango sculpts to the characters who aren't even all Jango.  ::)
Atleast the skirt is fixed. I'm still buying as many as I see.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2007, 12:33 PM »
I'm going on record and stating that this could be the best figure Hasbro has produced, to date.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I'm thinking the color of the pic is just the camera/lighting, not the figure...  So I wouldn't worry about it Dago-Bah.  He's looking sharp so far though.  The skirt's new and imrpoved there, the leg pose isn't vaguely as wide as before...  I'm liking it a lot.  Count me in for going into debt in '07. :)

I'm curious though...  Do we now call these Imperial Marines or Snowtroopers? :)  Weird thought is all, I was just thinking about it the other night looking at my little Galactic Marine army.

And kudos to SWCollector for the photo, good for them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2007, 06:10 PM »
I only cared that they fixed that skirt piece and they did.  It looks fantastic.  I'll be buying epic amounts of him.   ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 14, 2007, 06:20 PM »
I'm going on record and stating that this could be the best figure Hasbro has produced, to date.

Kevin

I'll second that. 

But let's make this part of the record too:

Endor Leia looks great, shes certainly better than that attrocious snowtrooper, thats for sure.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda