Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 139517 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2007, 01:43 PM »
I really hope my super WM gets piled with VTAC like they did VTSC. I passedon about 80 scouts, not going to be that stupid this time.

I'm pretty sure Hasbro officially said that these are going to be produced more along the numbers of the VOTC, than the latest VTSC.

It would follow then that the availability of the snowtrooper would be more along the lines of the VOTC stormie (not so plentiful), than the VTSC scout (plentiful).

Damn.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 15, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Pttt... ::)

Looks like I'm going to have to pre-order.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2007, 02:35 PM »

36 - 37 for me.

Don't you mean 36 or 37?

What's in between 36 and 37?

Thirtysix and three quarters.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I don't necessarilly buy into everything Hasbro says though...  I think they feed a line of BS sometimes about their availability of items to help hype them and nothing more.  It's one wave of figures whereas the VOTC were plagued by the first two waves pegwarming and screwing the third wave.  I think these are gonna be fairly easy to find.

That's my opinion anyway...  VOTC wasn't exactly "rare", they just hit roadblocks like Lando and Wave 1 on the pegs.  Depending where you were, Wave 3 was abundant (not my area, but others). 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2007, 04:54 PM »

My opinion has changed completely. Now I no longer want one or two, I want sixteen.  :o  :o  8)

The skirt looks SOOOOOO much better and the Jango Fett head under the helmet actually looks really good. I'm amazed with how different this figure looks, it's great.  8)

Still not as good as Leia or IG-88, but it's way improved.  ;D  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2007, 05:16 PM »
I don't know what  I'm more excited about Hoth Han, IG-88, Holiday Fett, SA Jango, Mara Jade or this. Hasbro's been pretty good this year, though we haven't seen the rest of the year's line-up. If it continues this great-ness  it'll make up for POTF2 - Saga 1 in my book.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Oh and Rob..I see this being just like the Arms Race for VOTC Stormtroopers..the D/FW area is going to have the largest single concentration of these figures in the GALAXY.

Hopefully the distribution is similar to the last time around.  Stormtroopers were no problem at all to find around here.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56 PM »
I'm thinking the color of the pic is just the camera/lighting, not the figure...  So I wouldn't worry about it Dago-Bah. 

I really hope so, JJ... I'm not at all disappointed, just hoping they get the colors right so that this is THE definitive Snowtrooper.  If he ships with that color, I'm going to say that the VTSC Scout and the VOTC Stormie are for me the #1 and #2 best Hasbro produced figures.  The reason I'm worried that it's not the lighting is because the body suit should be about the color of the belt pouches (as seen in that film pic) or just slightly lighter.  But the pouches are clearly a greyish compared to the bluish of the body suit.  Come to think of it, every Snowtrooper released so far has varied in colors quite a bit.

Edit: as horrid a sculpt the OTC version is, I think the body suit color is spot on:

And check out this pic!

If worse comes to worst, I'll just repaint the visible portions.  I also plan on cutting the skirt up to belt height rather than leaving it across the crotch like that   ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:04 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2007, 12:37 AM »
As the above pic really shows, this new Snowtrooper is an amazing improvement, 'slight' color issues or not! To me, the new 'Vintage' figure is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2007, 12:39 AM »
just hoping they get the colors right so that this is THE definitive Snowtrooper.

But then they can't release it again in the PROPER color, or something too grey-ish, to profit more. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2007, 09:08 AM »
This figure certainly does look nice, and its amazing what those little changes have done.  I was looking forward to it already, and now even more so.  I hope it isn't too difficult to find - it was kind of both ways around here.  I saw a single VOTC Stormtrooper throughout the entire VOTC run (and bought another online), but I saw the Scouts fairly frequently (although they did sell through pretty well).  I'm hoping I can pick up 4-5 of these Snowtroopers, I'd be happy with that.  It would be nice to build even bigger armies, but I can't afford that.  This looks like another great vintage lineup overall though.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2007, 12:28 PM »
just hoping they get the colors right so that this is THE definitive Snowtrooper.

But then they can't release it again in the PROPER color, or something too grey-ish, to profit more. :)

And green, and blue, and purple, and red, yellow, orange and black as well, in the true spirit of the clone trooper repaint marathon.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2007, 02:43 PM »

And green, and blue, and purple, and red, yellow, orange and black as well, in the true spirit of the clone trooper repaint marathon.

Don't say that!  They can repaint Clones all they want, but don't touch my OT Imperials.  >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 17, 2007, 11:30 PM »
As the above pic really shows, this new Snowtrooper is an amazing improvement, 'slight' color issues or not! To me, the new 'Vintage' figure is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Our arms race just took an interesting turn...

I cover Dallas, Paul covers Grapevine/Fort Worth, and Matt gets everything in Lewisville.

Mutually Assured Destruction.   :)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2007, 06:41 AM »

Don't say that!  They can repaint Clones all they want, but don't touch my OT Imperials.  >:(

that forced unleashed game may actually cause hasbro to repaint stormies with colour ranking. oh you will see.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: