Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 139287 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #435 on: May 23, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Back to topic...these are fantastic figures.  I picked up all six at a TRU tonight (9.99!) and tey are great.   IG-88 and Bossk are two of the best made figures ever.  I can't wait for next year!  Nikto!  Klaatu!  Bararda!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2007, 12:14 AM »
Nikto!  Klaatu!  Bararda!

We need an updated Walrusman bad! Basic or "Vintage", I want a Ponda Baba that's as amazing as Bossk! (Not to mention a decent Evazan...)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #437 on: May 23, 2007, 02:00 AM »
Be kinda nice if a nice Evazan was put out the same year Baba got a vintage figure or something...  Be a nice complement to one another I think, tie the two pricepoints together a little.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 23, 2007, 10:51 AM »
I can't wait for next year!  Nikto!  Klaatu!  Bararda!

You must be waiting for the Earth to stand still!  ;)

I have yet to find them but have taken a look at Jedijaybird's and those are pretty sweet. All of them look good and the likensses are dead on for them except for Luke and Leia. Leia's skin seemed too alabastorish. I at least am going to pick up the Bounty Hunters and the trooper, though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Glad you liked them Steve. And as for Walrusman, I think it be cool if along with the normal hands (that can hold a weapon), they include a set of flipper hands as well.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 23, 2007, 01:21 PM »
But would Walrusman's arm be removable is the question  :P  And would the good Dr. have gut slashing feature?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 23, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Picked up my first Snowtroopers today - kick ass figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 23, 2007, 04:38 PM »
I just got notification that my "set" has been processed and will ship shortly from BBTS, so if anyone is interested in ordering a set (or a case) they seem to currently be in stock over there (and elsewhere, I'm sure).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2007, 01:01 PM »
I can't wait for next year!  Nikto!  Klaatu!  Bararda!

You must be waiting for the Earth to stand still!  ;)

...but, he said them in the wrong order-how can he ever get safe control of the book now!! :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Check out this BS auction:

Link

BIN coin certificate with stickers, $69.99

For less than that you can get all 6 figures, open them, and then mail away for the coins.

Bastard.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2007, 01:47 PM »
People are immense douchebags.  I have had people offer me figures for half price so they could get the mail-in, which I find to be more than fair, but more than the price of the figures to get a set of the coins?  You'd have to be really challenged to pick that up.  Can't stand people sometimes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2007, 03:02 PM »
I'm going to send him a message.

I'll let you know if I hear back.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 27, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Here's a much better deal - same thing, $49.99  ::)

Link

Conversely, here's an auction for all 6 figures MOC for $1.00 less than the first guy just selling stickers...:

Link

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 27, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Reply from seller:

"Hello, Other redemption certs sold for $10.00 more than we are asking. As you know I can ask any price I wish for any certain item. Because it might not actually cost that much doesnt mean I cant ask that much. What about the bids on $2.00 items that go for much more than that. You might not like this but it is not your problem. Back off if you dont like it and just dont bid or buy if you dont like the price. I personally could care less what you think. I have had several people ask me when I was selling the vintage figures included, if I would sell them just the certificate for the same price I was asking for the figures. Your disappointment does not upset me in the least, just dont buy from me. "

What an *******.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 27, 2007, 09:19 PM »
Reply from seller:

"Hello, Other redemption certs sold for $10.00 more than we are asking. As you know I can ask any price I wish for any certain item. Because it might not actually cost that much doesnt mean I cant ask that much. What about the bids on $2.00 items that go for much more than that. You might not like this but it is not your problem. Back off if you dont like it and just dont bid or buy if you dont like the price. I personally could care less what you think. I have had several people ask me when I was selling the vintage figures included, if I would sell them just the certificate for the same price I was asking for the figures. Your disappointment does not upset me in the least, just dont buy from me. "

What an *******.

I wouldn't mind seeing the message that you sent him first that triggered the reply.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda