Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138981 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2007, 09:11 PM »
these are finally showing up in my area
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2007, 09:16 PM »
The only female rebels I can think of are the console operators in Echo Base's command center, which are dressed similarly to Hoth Leia.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 16, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that my check for the 7 coins was cleared late last week.  I don't know if that means Hasbro's going to be shipping them out anytime soon, but when they cashed my Lucas check, it wasn't too long after that when the figure arrived.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2007, 02:24 AM »
My quick take on these:

Bossk - Easily the best figure of the line.  NO flaws that I can see.  And yes, I wanted him bad... the previous versions were sculpted very nice but pretty lacking in articulation.

IG-88 - Kick butt again.  Nice height, amazing articulation.  I feel he's a little fragile for his own good (though this seems unavoidable given his build), and they screwed up the holster on his back (what the heck gun fits in this thing???  How did this get through?).  But overall I give him a 95 for all the articulation and coolness.

Snowtrooper - I haven't gotten an opener of this yet, so this is preliminary... but it looks very cool in the package.  I'm going to subtract just a bit for the clone head (this just bothers me for some reason).   Let's go with a 95.

Han - This should have been my favorite, but misses the mark a bit for a couple reasons.  First, they are absolutely nuts for not including the hood up head.  And the hat they did include is the most worthless piece of junk imaginable.  But thank god they at least put it off to the side in the bubble... that was really going to piss me off if he was useless for display in package because of the stupid hat.  I can get past those pretty easily if the rest is all good.  Unfortunately, the head has some paint issues on every one I've seen... I'm not usually too sensitive to head paint.  But Han looks like he's been using way too much eyeliner (makes him look oddly feminine), and I really don't like when the hairline paint is messed up and their scalp creeps up into their hair.  Still very nice on all other fronts.  I give him an 87.

Luke - Hmmmm... tough one.  Just doesn't really do it for me much.  I was really looking forward to this one.  Too thin, really bad head sculpt, and I don't like the color (specks) of his outfit.  Some strange looking joints (elbows and shoulders), though not too bad.  It's mainly the head and the almost nonexistent waist that kind of spoil this one for me.  I still appreciate the articulation, though.  80.

Leia - Couldn't care less about this one, and don't understand why she got lumped in with all the other Empire figs like this.  I would have much preferred a Hoth Leia.  Doesn't look too hot either... long neck and all.  I will say I really don't care if poncho colors are off though... that doesn't bother me at all.  I have not opened one of these... I'll go with a 70.  I just find it to be a strange choice.

Overall comments:

One of the things that seems strange to me is that there seems to be a lot of loose parts on these new ones (Bossk's neck roll, Han's hood, IG-88's bandoleer and tubes and whatnot).  I think I would prefer if most of these were actually glued down.  This is an easy fix of course, but it makes them hard to play with in the meantime or if you don't want to modify your figures.

I have no problem with the price premium.  I will gladly pay for the full package of articulation, and the chance to display in the vintage package for my non-openers.  I don't think they cheated on any this year with those damn swivel elbows (Sandperson, many of the original VOTC).  Good job... though Target's $12 price is a stretch.

Glad to see HTS has plenty of Snowtroopers.  My extras are on the way.

Love this line... let's see Luke Hoth, Leia Hoth, Han Bespin, 2-1B, Walrus Man, Gamorean Gaurd, Han Carbonite, and Luke Jedi.  I would dearly love a redone C-3PO and some of the others from the first batch on the wrong cards (like I want R2 on his Star Wars card), but I know those will never happen.  I can dream though...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2007, 03:44 AM »
Leia - Couldn't care less about this one, and don't understand why she got lumped in with all the other Empire figs like this.

If you count, there are now 8 figures on each different movie card.

I think they put out one ROTJ card just to even things out.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 17, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I don't remember seeing any female Rebels in the films, and I'm fine if they don't make any.  The only reason I'd even want one is because I like the snipers in Battlefront.

But, with how easy it's been to find VSTC Greedo and VSTC Han on clearance, I would think that Leia will suffer the same fate - meaning that if people want to make their own female Rebel Snipers from Battlefront, they'll probably get their chance pretty easily on the cheap.

:P

I have to agree with you Chewie.  I do really like the repo cardbacks.  But now that they basically made all of the main characters or iconic ones from the old cards like Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, C-3PO, Fett, R2, Vader, all 3 imperial troopers, Greedo, etc. I am good with those.  I liked it because I was never going to pay the vintage prices for those figures carded.  But now that they are adding IG-88, Bossk, etc.  I just don't fell like paying $10-12 for them.  Especailly since we get the same quality in the $6 basic line for the most part.    I am sure as hell not paying $50-80 for 5-8 snowtroopers as kick as as they are.  I will get one packaged and 1 carded...if I ever find him that is. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2007, 11:35 AM »
If you count, there are now 8 figures on each different movie card.

By my count it's:

8 - Star Wars (Han, Leia, Luke, Ben, X-Wing Luke, Tusken, Greedo, Lucas)
9 - Empire Strikes Bank (Vader, Yoda, Lando, 3PO, Bossk, Hoth Han, IG-88, Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke)
7 - Return of the Jedi (Chewie, R2, Fett, Stormtrooper, Scout, Endor Han, Endor Leia)

Maybe people count different in Texas?  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 18, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Whoops.   ::)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Maybe people count different in Texas?  :P

They sure do in Florida during election years.  ;)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Check your discount ailses at Target, just scored a snowtrooper @ 30% discount.  There were 3 figures Leia, IG, & Snowie.  They each had an orange Target tag on them: AS IS-REPACKAGE  WAS $11.99 NOW $8.41.  Of course the mail away was removed which is why I'm assuming it was discounted in the first place so if you're not interested in the coins in the first place or you're buying multiples be sure to bring it up to a manager and they might discount if the mail away is missing. I can wait on the others for a cheaper discount as with all the other Vintage collection they're sure to clearance but I couldn't resist the Snowie.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 11, 2007, 12:31 PM »
My check for the coin redemption just went through today. I wonder how long til these start showing up...

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 13, 2007, 09:21 PM »
The 30th anniversary collection vintage figures have shown up in my area.  I already have IG-88, Bespin Luke, and Endor Leia.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #552 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Target discount at $8.41 is everywhere, I am glad I bought these at Wal-Mart for $10 and not Target high $12 price. I will buy more when they are $5 and below.............
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2007, 01:06 AM »
The only figures left at Target are Luke, Leia, and a bunch of Hans. I've yet to see any Vinty figs at Wal-Mart yet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #554 on: July 14, 2007, 01:42 AM »
My WM I hit fairly frequently keeps restocking them routinely, while others are pretty bogged with the entire wave...  Snowies of course go first, but I've seen no less of the Snowie than I did of the Scout, so I think Hasbro was blowing a bit of smoke on the numbers for these.

JACKOFTRADEZ, if you happen upon anything on clearance for that $5, remember me man.  I'd take just about anything for custom fodder, it's all great stuff to me. :)

My Target stores are pretty cleared out of VTAC stuff now though after that first clearance round...  Pegs were bare last I was there. :(  So I'm guessing my chances of scoring clearance deals on vintage are dwindling in my area.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77