Author Topic: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 86779 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversay Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 05:17 PM »
There is one reason why, Luke has the Bone instead of the lightsaber.

The mighty return of the RANCOR...

Luke will probably come with the lightsaber but the BONE.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I wonder if he'll also come with the skull that he throws at the door button?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 09:21 PM »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 11:41 PM »
the droid looks wicked.  :o
Boba fett... ;D ;D ;D ::)
luke...what i expected :P
umpass??....i have a feeling hes going to have an "action" feature.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 11:47 AM »

umpass??....i have a feeling hes going to have an "action" feature.

you have a point. this is possible, especially considering spuffy's interesting post about umpass maybe being in a drawer for a while.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 11:53 AM »
"umpass now comes with drum beating action!!!1  :o"
drum not included. :)

just a feeling i got
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 12:05 PM »
My thoughts...

-CZ-3:  Nice to finally have this one after all these years, but I'm glad that the protocol droid bodies have been improved enough (with the Endor Threepio) that this one will hopefully get the attention and detail it deserves.  Great sculpt, great decoration, great looking figure.

-Luke:  Again, nice to finally have what looks to be an SA version of Jedi Luke.  I'm a little concerned he might not come with a lightsaber (even though his was stashed in R2's dome at the time), but I'd be willing to concede the lack of one if it means we're getting an SA Final Duel Luke under that vest. :)

-Umpass-Stay:  First of all, is that Pig Latin for "Stump"?  Just a random question.  Anyway, the lack of a drum is a bit odd, considering he's holding the mallet, and the pose is horrid and unforgivable if he doesn't have a drum to hit.  Even if the other drummer is part of a Battle Pack or something down the line, they could do one of their infamous cardboard set pieces in that to make up for this one, or even release both drummers in this wave with half of the drum set.  That said, I could have lived without this figure having ever been made as I LOATHE the new musical number in ROTJ.  Looking at how pathetic the 1998 Sy Snootles is makes me wish they'd just do a "classic" version of her with Max and Droopy (who were okay in their 1998 forms, to me at least) and be done with it. 

-Boba Fett:  I've never seen the Holiday Special, but Boba's always been my character focus, so I'll definitely pick one up to keep carded, at least. 

The thing that sticks out about the vast majority of the figures in the basic line next year is they're all, more or less, new molds.  Out of the first wave, Obi-Wan and R2 are slightly rehashed, Biggs and Han in the second wave, and possibly Boba in the third wave.  Considering by the time we got to wave 3 last year, we only had 9 new molds out of 21 figures, that's a huge improvement.  Makes me a little more optimistic about figures later in the year (Droideka, Jango) being new instead of the same tired rereleases.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007, 06:39 PM »
I for one don't remember seeing CZ-3 in Jabba's Palace, but there's so much to take in their visually that we're bound to miss something. 

Perhaps the most visible one in Jabba's is the disassembled version in the droid torture room that C-3PO glances at when he's led out of the room: "Artoo- don't leave me- Ooohhh!"  But I figure you mean in the throne room, and there is one walking by when Luke and Han are being pulled in front of Jabba.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2007, 09:41 PM »
They also could do the Droid that's being pulled apart.I would like to have one for my dio.
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2007, 09:48 PM »
i dont know if he has a name or not but the guy that gets thrown by chewie (i think) when Boushh and chewie enter the palace. he would be a cool character to make a figure of. i just remember him having some wierd suit on. black i think. im pretty sure this is the guy...

the guy with the black helmet. and rifle. him....atleast i think hes never had a figure before :S

a new SA slave leia would be pretty cool to. that last one had a really badly done hip. ( it went over the leg) it just looked plain bad.
the slave in that pic would be a cool figure too. would do great in a rancor scene :P
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:57 PM by Jango_Fett_89 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 03:49 AM »
The guy in black is Sgt. Doallyn...  Besides Hermi Odle I think he's tops on my list...

I'd honestly love to see some human guards though, both from Jabba's as well as the Cantina and Jabba's SE sequence in Docking Bay 94.  We've all got lots of Greedo's to flesh out the Rodian thugs there, but I'd dig the bushy bearded guy, the dude in the pointy hat, and the guy in the billowy shirt and vest with a cap.  Random humans like that kick ass I think, and my cantina and palace are starting to look TOO alien these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 10:49 AM »
JJ, I'm right there with ya.  I really felt that aliens in the OT were the exception, not the rule, but in the prequels it's pretty tough to find actual humans  :P.  That said, Fozec is probably highest on my list for Jabba's guards:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 12:16 PM »
fozec looks like ICMG.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2007, 11:32 PM »
After seeing the new Toy Fair pics, I am less excited about Jedi Luke, but more excited over CZ-4 and Umpass-Stay.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 12:55 AM »
Ball jointed elbows for a droid?  VERY COOL.

They've included Umpass-Stay's drum.  Sweet!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:37 AM by JesseVader08 »