Author Topic: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 86777 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #120 on: May 3, 2007, 09:35 AM »
This is the first figure that I can remember where the soft goods ruin the figure. I don't like this one so far.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #121 on: May 3, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I'm just not a fan of this figure, and I really want a good jedi luke!  Maybe we will get a really good VOTC one next year.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 3, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Yes, definitely better, thanks for the pic!  I still think he has enormous hands though (comparable to the size of his Schwartz  :P).  The cloth bunch-up at the knee is kinda excessive too.

Well he does have that humungous bone to hold  ;D.  Seriously he looks a lot better then I thought, but I think they should've made the DS trooper look a little more like this.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #123 on: May 3, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Luke's back as per our front page...  Anyone change their opinion?  I think he's looking a little better there personally but the big piece of jumbo on the back of his hand is more than a little distracting. :)

Am I the only one to notice that his eyes are rolling into the back of his head? This is Luke going all dark side, must explain his funky vest.

As I see the vest is really the only problem, it would have been better done if they had made it a one piece softgoods vest that could be easily removed. Sort of like a shirt that just pulls over the torso. Hopefully removing that hideous belt will not cause any unsightly holes or damage to the waist of the figure when it's removed to make a throne room duel Luke.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 3, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Taking a look at that picture, I don't think it looks too bad.  I'm trying to keep my hopes up for it a bit, because I've really been looking forward to a nice Jedi Luke.  Really, the vest/belt combo is what bothers me the most at that point.  Also, I don't like the "looking up" eyes, which I've seen on a few Star Wars figures the past couple years.  Otherwise, it does look super-articulated, and the use of soft goods makes me wonder if this wasn't considered to be a VOTC figure at some point.  That said, we'll probably see an all-new one in a future "vintage" lineup, which will be better than this one.   The pink blotch on the back of his hand is a little distracting too.  Overall, I'm still looking forward to it, and this picture makes the figure look nicer than some of the previous pics.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #125 on: May 3, 2007, 02:43 PM »
After that picture i am more upset with the figure. The eye paint is just terrible. I like that she has the wounded hand, but that is about it. I hope we get a VOTC Jedi Luke next year.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 3, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Just look at that figure!

His legs aren't as bowed out as earlier TAC figures have been. I wonder if Hasbro's been reading our posts and want to prevent all the boiling freezing Jesse got everyone doing and talking about here to 'fix' their products? Could it be they are responding with 'less open' stances now? Hmmmm

DS

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 3, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Luke's back as per our front page...  Anyone change their opinion?  I think he's looking a little better there personally but the big piece of jumbo on the back of his hand is more than a little distracting. :)

Am I the only one to notice that his eyes are rolling into the back of his head? This is Luke going all dark side, must explain his funky vest.

As I see the vest is really the only problem, it would have been better done if they had made it a one piece softgoods vest that could be easily removed. Sort of like a shirt that just pulls over the torso. Hopefully removing that hideous belt will not cause any unsightly holes or damage to the waist of the figure when it's removed to make a throne room duel Luke.

hes not rolling his eyes into his head...think of it has having a starring competition with a rancor. ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #128 on: May 3, 2007, 04:11 PM »
This is the first figure that I can remember where the soft goods ruin the figure. I don't like this one so far.

Not sure if I'd say that the soft goods ruin the figure, but I do agree that it looks bad - especially with that belt.

On the other hand, the rest of the figure looks pretty good. Love the legs (definitely going to use some to customize the DS trooper - hate that one's legs - and to do up a sitting Bith musician), and i dig the face. It's not the best, but at least it actually looks like Luke for a change ;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 3, 2007, 06:42 PM »
It's better than the pic from that one site. I'll pick up one now. :)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 3, 2007, 06:55 PM »
Its certainly better. Its went from completely terrible to poor. Still, PASS!  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 3, 2007, 07:19 PM »
He looks much better now.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 3, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I may cut the belt & cloth off & use it for post-ROTJ Luke. I guess we'll have to wait for an Ultimate Place Luke in the Vintage line.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: May 4, 2007, 01:35 AM »
His legs aren't as bowed out as earlier TAC figures have been. I wonder if Hasbro's been reading our posts and want to prevent all the boiling freezing Jesse got everyone doing and talking about here to 'fix' their products?

I doubt it...  Hasbro hates me, or so I've been told in the past by some folks.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 4, 2007, 09:30 AM »

On the other hand, the rest of the figure looks pretty good. Love the legs (definitely going to use some to customize the DS trooper -

Was thinking the same thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."