Author Topic: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 86977 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I'm doing a 180 on the Luke. I was messing around with the figure and discovered that you can indeed slide he belt and tunic off. The waist sculpting is a little weak, but it's essentially DSII Luke.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 1, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I received my M'iiyoom in the mail today... This is one cool figure! She has great articulation for a Cantina alien, including ball jointed knees, which are very well hidden.

The curved Cantina bar is excellent as well. It fits perfectly on my 2004 K-Mart Cantina set, and is well sculpted. The worn-in stools are a nice touch.

Overall this is a fantastic figure really, and it's great to see Feltipern's main squeeze immortalized in plastic.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 3, 2007, 11:57 AM »
I found this wave yesterday, with several of M'iiyoom, Helrot, Umpass, and Lukes, but no McVaders or CZ-4s at all  :(.  I bought one of each except Umpass (which I think looks fantastic and is very large of a figure, but I just don't buy any Special Edition characters  ;)).  I tell you what- the Luke is much better than the early pics suggest.  As the Jabba's palace version, he is mediocre, but when converted into DS2 Luke he's much better than the POTF2 cinema scene version or the action feature version.  His boots and joints are not as exaggerated as they appear in online pics, and his scale is appropriately small.  Further, I think his face sculpt is the most accurate ROTJ version yet made.  Should we NEED to customize our figures?  No, but with minimal work he is greatly improved. 
The M'iiyoom is well-detailed and the drybrush/wash paintjob is really good!  I have her standing next to a couple other patrons in my cantina dio with her snout in her drink, and the improvements compared to the POTF2 characters are easily apparent.  But she is a bit dull and obscure of a character, so I expect she'll pegwarm; furthermore, a character like this is a tad difficult for me to spend $7 on.  I still do it  :P but I'd have felt better if she was a part of a battle pack or some other cheaper means of getting figures
Elis, on the other hand, is a bit more iconic and has clothing accessories that allow him to sit.  He's a tall figure with excellent sculpting and feels like a better value than M'iiyoom.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 3, 2007, 08:48 PM »
I found this wave yesterday, with several of M'iiyoom, Helrot, Umpass, and Lukes, but no McVaders or CZ-4s at all  :(.  I bought one of each except Umpass (which I think looks fantastic and is very large of a figure, but I just don't buy any Special Edition characters  ;)).  I tell you what- the Luke is much better than the early pics suggest.  As the Jabba's palace version, he is mediocre, but when converted into DS2 Luke he's much better than the POTF2 cinema scene version or the action feature version.  His boots and joints are not as exaggerated as they appear in online pics, and his scale is appropriately small.  Further, I think his face sculpt is the most accurate ROTJ version yet made.  Should we NEED to customize our figures?  No, but with minimal work he is greatly improved. 
The M'iiyoom is well-detailed and the drybrush/wash paintjob is really good!  I have her standing next to a couple other patrons in my cantina dio with her snout in her drink, and the improvements compared to the POTF2 characters are easily apparent.  But she is a bit dull and obscure of a character, so I expect she'll pegwarm; furthermore, a character like this is a tad difficult for me to spend $7 on.  I still do it  :P but I'd have felt better if she was a part of a battle pack or some other cheaper means of getting figures
Elis, on the other hand, is a bit more iconic and has clothing accessories that allow him to sit.  He's a tall figure with excellent sculpting and feels like a better value than M'iiyoom.

I hear you on the SE characters. But I bought Umpass because 1) he's an OT species and 2) he's not CGI. Was tempted to get the dancers, but they're too preposed. CGI Snootles and Yowzah sit in the closet where they belong. :P I have a vintage Sy with my modern figs. It's a friggin travesty if they don't update her. And I'd rather have a a fig of the goofy Yuzzem puppet that may or may not have been in ROTJ than the SE CGI one. Just can't bring myself to sully my display with that ****. Never could bring myself to buy that Ketwol thing, either...

Helrot more iconic than Onith? Never! The Root Snoot is clearly seen carrying on with Trevagg as they laugh about some private lovers' joke. That's iconic! ;D

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 3, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Helrot more iconic than Onith? Never! The Root Snoot is clearly seen carrying on with Trevagg as they laugh about some private lovers' joke. That's iconic! ;D

I'm with you on that. M'iiyoom rules. If only I had a Feltipern figure so they could giggle and make out.

Or, better yet, engage in a deadly mating ritual.

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #230 on: September 3, 2007, 09:13 PM »
Funny, I'm missing a Feltipern as well. One of the only figs I never saw at retail.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 3, 2007, 09:54 PM »
It's a damned shame they can't sit down in a booth together (or separately for that matter). But I have them snuggling in the corner. LOL

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 4, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Great display! 

It's still so bizarre to me that Hasbro released these M'iiyoom and Elis in this wave.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 4, 2007, 07:03 AM »
nice display man. I was planning to do the exact same thing, only problem for me is that  I dont ahve enough straight pieces.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #234 on: September 4, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Ook, does the curved pieces fit right over the cardboard bar or did you have to cut it out? I don't have any of the straight pieces but once I get my curved pieces I'd like to be able to put them right over the pre-existing bar in the pop up cantina.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 4, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Ook, does the curved pieces fit right over the cardboard bar or did you have to cut it out? I don't have any of the straight pieces but once I get my curved pieces I'd like to be able to put them right over the pre-existing bar in the pop up cantina.

No, I'm afraid you have to tear it out. There's a glued tab that you have to pull off the floor. And you'll have to tear two more off the wall which actually go through to the outside wall. I just realized I should've cut those instead of pulling them free of the glue, as that left torn white spots on the outside of it. As a matter of fact, you also need to rip the distillery from the floor if you want the plastic bar flooring to fit under it.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 4, 2007, 06:48 PM »
But I have them snuggling in the corner. LOL

Bow chicka bow wow.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 4, 2007, 08:33 PM »
But I have them snuggling in the corner. LOL

Bow chicka bow wow.

She's gonna put her snoot where the suns don't shine! :D

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 10, 2007, 05:34 PM »
Here are some mods I did to my Luke.  I tried to combine the best features from the TAC Luke and the Saga Luke. He retains all the articulation of the TAC Luke except the ankles.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:12 PM by Lestat »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Why couldn't Hasbro have done that? Looks perfect Lestat.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."