Author Topic: My Star Wars Collection (Update)  (Read 5318 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
My Star Wars Collection (Update)
« on: January 25, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I finally completed the "re-organization" of my collection.  It's a growing collection b/c of all the great figures Hasbro is releasing these days (has their been a better time to be a SW toy fan?)

I bought the shelves from Lowes/Home Depot.  I still have room to add more shelves to my wall if necesary. 

Enjoy!  (Don't mind my Longhorn items.   ;))

One wall holds my OT collection, less the cornor shelf displaying the Skywalker wedding and Custom Longhorn Clone Trooper.

My small, but soon-to-grow Cantina scene.  I'm hoping to add a Puklight to give the proper lighting, since the alcove is dark when the room is lit.

Jabba The Hut is from the Vintage line and my childhood!

The Skywalker wedding from AOTC (my wife's idea).

My other wall is dedicated to the PT.

My Padme collection (missing 2 Padme figures still).

The third wall holds 5 of my 6 vehicles, and the bookcase holds my Clones and SW novels.

« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 03:25 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: SA Longhorn's Collection
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Nice collection you have there Longhorn.  That wedding display is quite clever!

Only 1 carded figure?  I have to ask why...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:34 PM »
A custom longhorn clone trooper.... I like to see more pics of that version.....

For the rest, quite genius setup for you're collection, very nice indeed.... but what did you do with the Genosian Warriors of the Republic Commando Pack?

keep up the nice collection...
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Only 1 carded figure?  I have to ask why...

I've always been an opener, ever since my childhood.  I'm even tempted to open the 501st SDCC Stormtrooper.  I honestly do not think these toys will be worth much in the future with so many people collecting these days.  To me, they are gold, but take up too much space unopened.  :P  And everyone seems to like my wife's idea of the wedding scene.  I have to give her props for it, but at least it gave me a legitamate reason to buy the Secret Ceremony figs.  She really liked the way the corner shelf came out, and wants me to add two more.  :P

Thanx for the comments.

A custom longhorn clone trooper.... I like to see more pics of that version.....

For the rest, quite genius setup for you're collection, very nice indeed.... but what did you do with the Genosian Warriors of the Republic Commando Pack?

Here is a larger photo of the Custom Longhorn Clone trooper.  I created a thread in the Custom forum for it a while back.  Here is the LINK with more photos.

The Geonosian warriors are on the larger shelf with the other PT figures.  The angle of the picture makes it difficult to see them, but they are behind Darth Maul.  Thanx for the comments!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:52 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:49 PM »
Very nice custom, good pics too.... you got me druewling.... :P
I maybe make my own custom some day of clone trooper, you're custom made me think everything is possible... ;D
Now if I just had the time to do it and give up one of my troopers.... :P

I see the Geonosians now.... sort off.... ;)

There can never be enough clones.....

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Very nice custom, good pics too.... you got me druewling.... :P
I maybe make my own custom some day of clone trooper, you're custom made me think everything is possible... ;D
Now if I just had the time to do it and give up one of my troopers.... :P

Failed to mentioned it above, but the Custom Longhorn Clone trooper was an Xmas gift from our very own Lady Jaye, and the actual customization was done by the one and only CHEWIE.  But the entire concept was LJ's.

Many thanx for all the comments guys!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 03:45 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Small update:

Updated Anakin & Padme wedding scene (corrected AOTC C3PO):

Here are a couple shots of the improving Cantina diorama.  It started with Djas Puhr a long time ago, but got more attention with the addition of the Modes Band and Hem & Momaw last year.  The "new-but-soon-to-change-again" Mos Eisley Cantina diorama:

« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 03:24 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: My Star Wars Collection (Update)
« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Not to sound geeky but 3PO & R2 were on the other side in the movie. Good collection, nice to see you have the RC set! Read the second RC book & you might have enough knowledge to make a RC PN! ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 6, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Not to sound geeky but 3PO & R2 were on the other side in the movie. Good collection, nice to see you have the RC set! Read the second RC book & you might have enough knowledge to make a RC PN! ;)

Thanx for the comments, ARTOO. 

I'm not sure what you mean by saying 3PO & R2 are on the otherside since, in the movie, they are behind Padme.  Sorry for the quality, but here are two photos (note the camera is behind the ceremony, therefore, 3PO & R2 are on the right side of the screen):

with 'Preacher'

without 'Preacher'

And I am reading the second RC novel, Target Zero.  But it is no where near as entertaining as the first RC book, Hard Contact.  I would ahve finished the book a lot sooner if I actually liked it. :P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Neat collection, great cantina set-up!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!