Author Topic: Sculpting with Fixit - Straight Lines  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Sculpting with Fixit - Straight Lines
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:24 AM »
I've been asked by some about how I sculpt with Fixit, and while I'm not even close skill-wise to so many sculptors, I put together something that should help someone that'd like to get started.

Feel free to append to this, as my way isn't the only way.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sculpting with Fixit - Straight Lines
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Excellent tutorial, Ruprecht! The text, pictures and in-picture text are crystal clear. I'm starting to believe Fixit sculpt is the best invention since sliced bread!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Huh - I dred the thought of sculpting, but you've actually sold me on trying out. When I get some time - thanks for the tutorial!

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Excellent tutorial, Ruprecht! The text, pictures and in-picture text are crystal clear. I'm starting to believe Fixit sculpt is the best invention since sliced bread!

I too echo Incom's sentiments. THIS is the kind of tutorials we need to see at customizing sites. Anyway, thanks for the good ideas. I've been using Premo sculpey and it has worked fine, but now I think I'll be moving to Fixit. How does painting it go? Does it get sticky or any problems with it?

On average, what it the price of each?  I've gotten my clays at those Michael's stores and since I never looked for it there, don't know if they carry it.

Really excellent tips here Ruprecht!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Excellent tutorials Ruprecht!

I think you pretty much have to order it directly from AVES, as I have never heard of any stores that carry the product.
AVES FIXIT SCULPT

Oh and a little bit goes a long ways. That and for those new to the product, keep in mind its a two part product, meaning you need equal amount of each combined together to activate, and you have a three hour time frame (roughly, it varies a little in my experience)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:53 PM by Straxus »
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2007, 12:36 AM »
All this work with Fixit sculpt has got me convinced. I've ordered some from sculptingstudio.com. I've been practising with Sculpey and Greenstuff and want to see how I'll do with Fixit sculpt.