Author Topic: 30AC Sith Infiltrator  (Read 35285 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 30AC Sith Infiltrator
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2007, 04:11 AM »
It's about what I expected. I might mention I'm glad to see a vehicle in the $20 price point that isn't a Jedi Starfighter repaint.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2007, 01:22 PM »
I'm glad to see it.  Sure it's small, but better than not getting it at all.  I would rather it be around $40.00 and be about twice the size, but from the looks of it, this still is kind of cool.  Count me in for two.  One for Maul, one that I'll probably customize.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 9, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I would rather it be around $40.00 and be about twice the size,

Or have it be even a lot bigger/more expensive and be a holiday time exclusive ala the shuttle/At-At.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Or have it be even a lot bigger/more expensive and be a holiday time exclusive ala the shuttle/At-At.

. . .which were molded twenty-five years ago.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 9, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Here's a picture of Maul exiting the Sith Infiltrator.  As you can see, the ship is supposed to be massive compared to the size of a human being.

Looking at the size of the ship in that guy's hand, this may be one of the worst scaled vehicles in the line.

Look at the upper left side where Maul's speeder bike is labeled for scale.  Also, look in the cockpit where Maul's seat is labeled for scale:

« Last Edit: February 9, 2007, 05:29 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Sith Infiltrator
« Reply #35 on: February 9, 2007, 05:31 PM »
  :-\ watch Maul won't even fit in there like Kit Fisto and his starfighter :P >:( :(

Looking at the cockpit on the blueprint, Maul plus 50 of his closest friends should be able to sit in the cockpit all at the same time.

This vehicle is more J-U-N-K.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #36 on: February 9, 2007, 08:28 PM »
This is a nice toy.  Small, but well made.  As far as scale goes, it looks perfect for the little Unleashed guys.  Too bad there's no TPM sets yet.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 02:01 AM »
I think it's actually a fair bit underscaled to the Unleashed line...  :)  I'm not kidding...  That said I don't think it's quite as bad as you're thinking DR.  It's not a HUGE craft.  It's doable to-scale actually (not by hasbro but I think it's a believable ship one could own in their collection if they wanted to make a scratch built one, unlike say a Tantive IV *cough*snicker*cough*).

I saw a scale Infiltrator on Ebay once a long while back...  It actually wasn't a bad size.  I'm thinking Queen's Starship-ish or slightly larger from my memory but I can't quite recall specific dimensions.  It was pretty cool though.

I think it's a pretty decent looking toy...  the key word being toy.  As a fan of scale vehicles though this thing's a dismal failure. :)  I just picked up an Avenger Torpedoe Bomber for $35 at WM and I mean there's no comparison...  and it has 3 figures too.  It's a behemoth plane though...  Given the size of the ship though I didn't expect much from Hasbro on it honestly.  I think they COULD have done better (not to-scale, but better), but would've sold it in the $40 to $50 range and not cranked out as many of it for retail...  I really look at this ship though and feel like it was something they had from like 1999 and didn't put out till now to try and breath some life into the $20 pricepoint.  Just a theory I'm sticking with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44 AM »
I really look at this ship though and feel like it was something they had from like 1999 and didn't put out till now to try and breath some life into the $20 pricepoint.  Just a theory I'm sticking with.

I think that is a sound theory-

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2007, 11:45 AM »

. . .which were molded twenty-five years ago.

Okay, how 'bout the Queen's Royal Starship? ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Okay, how 'bout the Queen's Royal Starship? ;)

The same Queen's Royal Starship which wasn't an exclusive and came out during a movie year?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2007, 02:20 PM »
And could be later had, on clearance, for something like $50?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 02:31 PM »
The Queen's Starship is a tough thing to use as a gauge because Hasbro really though 1999 was THE year they'd be dominating the toy industry...  They dominated toy aisles but the film didn't fair well with the public at large and the toy line was a dismal failure from the retail point of view...

When I look at the Queen's starship, I think Hasbro planned on selling twice as many from re-orders as they ultimately sold...  The irony is that in 2005 the line really had the legs for something big like that but they were hesitant from past precedent...  One "bad" film can really hose you in the future I think is the moral of the story.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2007, 05:45 PM »
The queens starship was awsome.

"BUT it was not too scale!!!!!!!!!!!" ::)
just kidding

i did end up seeing a lot of the Star ship at clearance factories for like $20. My uncle bought me one for christmas when that happened :) But i do understand that it would be hard for hasbro to make to scale vehicles. It star wars some of these things are damn big.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2007, 06:50 PM »
Well, the paint job looks decent enough...